Apology received

LindaKE

We had a problem on disembarking from the Zuiderdam which I reported to HAL not expecting to hear back from them. Today, I received an apology and a coffee table book The Art of Cruising: Fine Art and Antiques of Holland America Line. I'm impressed that they made such an effort to get me to give HAL another chance.

We had a problem on disembarking from the Zuiderdam which I reported to HAL not expecting to hear back from them. Today, I received an apology and a coffee table book The Art of Cruising: Fine Art and Antiques of Holland America Line. I'm impressed that they made such an effort to get me to give HAL another chance.

So nice that they not only acknowledged your problem and apologized but also sending the coffee table book as a kind gesture.

Not only a very gracious gesture on the part of HAL but a pretty doggone smart business move as well. Maintaining good will and customer satisfaction, and creating positive word-of-mouth advertising are things HAL seems especially good at.

Glad to hear HAL was receptive to your concern! The Art of Cruising is a fantastic book...I am an artist. I received a copy from HAL after our Med Cruise when I thanked them for their assistance when we missed the embarkation and luggage came 4 days into the cruise. I have always enjoyed the artwork on board and always take the iPod Art tour!

Karen

I sent a complaint email to HAL in 2010 regarding the unavailability of the heavily advertised Ipod Art Tour.

As a token of apology they sent dinner for two in the Pinnacle Grill on our next cruise. HAL is great about responding to onboard complaints.

Archived