LIVE FROM Eclipse with video and photographs

Jo and Rob

Upwarduk, yes there was a Celebrity choir which sounded amazing when I walked past the observation lounge one day when they were rehearsing. They performed at the guest talent show and it was taken very seriously.

I am glad that the tradition is still maintained!

Yes, they are serious;I went along to the initial meeting ( bad weather sea day, Oct in Bay of Biscay) and it was made clear then, that you had to try to attend all rehearsals, but the result was worth it. Great camaraderie as well.

Hi Jo and Rob. I would just like to add my thanks and appreciation for all the effort you put into your posts. Apart from you beating the Aussies (we cant win anything these days, lol) I thoroughly enjoyed your reviews and wish you all the best for future cruises. Cheers

Jo, Rob, Oscar, and Emily,

Delightful. Absolutely brilliant.

Loved your vacation. But, especially loved the attitude that you brought to the experience. Emily, eating a pizza slice in Rome... very memorable don't you think? Oscar, I think you really love gelato and ice cream!

It will be a gap in my day to have these lovely videos end. Vacation time is just too short, isn't it?

Rob, there are so many on here who were not only entertained by the videos but also amazed at the professional quality of the final product! I've seen so many of these "videos" that are really nothing more than a fast slideslow... and the horrible nature of the jerky panning is enough to make your eyes twitch for minutes after viewing. Would you PLEASE consider starting a thread in the Photos Discussion area for those of us who would be your avid students? I would love to know the EXACT model of the camera you used; what classes you may have taken or books you may have read; what software you are using; what challenges you have overcome. I will be honest with you and tell you that I never thought about purchasing a video camera until I saw these videos! And now I woud rush right down and purchase a camera before our cruise in October!

I think the discussion of the video, rather than the cruise, wouldn't be appropriate for this section of the messages board, and might not be appreciated by the people merely looking for Celebrity cruise information. So, again, please consider starting a thread for us who would hang on your every word!

Good job!

Jo’s tip 65 – No need to pack an umbrella. There is one provided in the wardrobe.

I believe umbrellas are only provided in Concierge Class and above - both small fold up and golf umbrella.

Hi:)....really? I have been provided with an umbrella before and

my cabin was not Concierge Class.

Yes we had an umbrella too and we were not CC.

Just asking because CC offers -- Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella and high quality binoculars:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=EC

A regular veranda does not:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do?br=C&cabinType=DO&cabincls=B&shipCode=EC

Jo, Rob, Oscar, and Emily,

Delightful. Absolutely brilliant.

Loved your vacation. But, especially loved the attitude that you brought to the experience. Emily, eating a pizza slice in Rome... very memorable don't you think? Oscar, I think you really love gelato and ice cream!

It will be a gap in my day to have these lovely videos end. Vacation time is just too short, isn't it?

Rob, there are so many on here who were not only entertained by the videos but also amazed at the professional quality of the final product! I've seen so many of these "videos" that are really nothing more than a fast slideslow... and the horrible nature of the jerky panning is enough to make your eyes twitch for minutes after viewing. Would you PLEASE consider starting a thread in the Photos Discussion area for those of us who would be your avid students? I would love to know the EXACT model of the camera you used; what classes you may have taken or books you may have read; what software you are using; what challenges you have overcome. I will be honest with you and tell you that I never thought about purchasing a video camera until I saw these videos! And now I woud rush right down and purchase a camera before our cruise in October!

I think the discussion of the video, rather than the cruise, wouldn't be appropriate for this section of the messages board, and might not be appreciated by the people merely looking for Celebrity cruise information. So, again, please consider starting a thread for us who would hang on your every word!

Good job!

Oliver certainly loved his ice cream in Rome (well deserved we thought!)

Rob intends to post a thread in the video section about how he did the videos onboard and we will put a link on this thread when he does so you can find it.

On the umbrella debate we did have an umbrella and it was a normal 2B cabin.

I'm impressed that HAL does room service on the last day. We haven't tried Holland America yet.

We too have had a small ( folding) umbrella ( not golf); the last 2 cruises on Celebrity were 2A cabins.

We also had a bag, all be it a simple 'hessian type' beach bag.

I believe higher class have one with better handles.

Edited by upwarduk

Jo,

:o

Please tell Oliver I'm so sorry that I got his name wrong. Good grief. I so enjoyed seeing both Oliver and Emily having such a good time. Please tell them that it made me feel very comfortable about taking my grandson on a cruise. His Mom and Dad are a little worried that he might be too young to cruise, but he's Oliver's age so... after seeing how well Oliver got on with everything to do with shore excursions, dining, formal night pictures and the eating of ice cream... I'm convinced that our family will have a fabulous time!

We too have had a small ( folding) umbrella ( not golf); the last 2 cruises on Celebrity were 2A cabins.

We also had a bag, all be it a simple 'hessian type' beach bag.

I believe higher class have one with better handles.

I'm just going by the website and my personal experience. Maybe they make exceptions for cruises leaving from the UK because of your unpredictable weather. :eek: Same with the tea kettles in the rooms. It's a British thingy? :D

I'm just going by the website and my personal experience. Maybe they make exceptions for cruises leaving from the UK because of your unpredictable weather. :eek: Same with the tea kettles in the rooms. It's a British thingy? :D

Hi again,:) the website needs to be updated (surprise, surprise:eek::rolleyes:)

The last time I sailed to Alaska was in 2009 and I had a window

cabin and there was an umbrella in the closet.

Hi again,:) the website needs to be updated (surprise, surprise:eek::rolleyes:)

The last time I sailed to Alaska was in 2009 and I had a window

cabin and there was an umbrella in the closet.

We're sailing on Eclipse in a 1A. To bring an umbrella or not to bring an unbrella, that is the question? :D

We're sailing on Eclipse in a 1A. To bring an umbrella or not to bring an unbrella, that is the question? :D

You asking for advice?:D Leave it home.:) IF there is not one in your

cabin? Ask your cabin attendant or try Guest Relations.

We were in a 2A cabin on Constellation (Eastern Med) last year and had an umbrella in the closet. It was still in it's wrapper and we were reluctant to use it as we were not sure whether or not it would appear on our account if we did! Rather like the items from the minifridge.

Same with the tea kettles in the rooms. It's a British thingy?

Yes.

Also many more waiters assigned to MDR for breakfast, especially on sea days, when sailing out of Southampton -i.e. Eclipse- or so I was told by a number of waiters.

Another British thing, we like to have our breakfast served, when we have time on holiday.

Edited by upwarduk

Thanks for the fabulous video.. we were on your cruise with you and went to the Cruise Connections in the Cellar Masters. Watching the videos will help keep the memories alive, it was a fantastic holiday, we loved it!!

Glad you had a great time too. It was a fantastic cruise and we loved every minute of it. We've got loads of pictures in the camera but now Rob is back to work it is just a matter of finding the time to upload them.

We were in a 2A cabin on Constellation (Eastern Med) last year and had an umbrella in the closet. It was still in it's wrapper and we were reluctant to use it as we were not sure whether or not it would appear on our account if we did! Rather like the items from the minifridge.

That's hilarious. I think you'll find that the charge for the minibar items is because you have devoured them rather than used them ! The last time I used a Celebrity umbrella in the rain it did not disappear and I was able to simply dry it, refold it, and return it to its rightful place hanging in the wardrobe.;)

Thanks for your live review of the Eclipse, I really enjoyed hearing all about your trip The Eclipse is one of the ships we are looking into for our upcoming cruise next year (but in the Caribbean) and it looks like your family had a great time sailing on her!

Hi Jo and Rob

We did the Spanish Mediterranean last year on the Eclipse and loved it !

We want to do a cruise next year ( our son who will be 17 will only come on holiday with us if we cruise ! )

Eclipse though is going to Iceland , and we want some sunshine , the itinerary I fancy is Mediterranean adventurer on Grand Princess.

I notice you have done a Princess cruise , when you have a moment to spare could you tell me how Princess compare to Celebrity.

Thanks, :) Emma

Rob has started a video thread on the video boards as many people asked for information about his camera and how he did the daily videos. Here is a link to his thread. He will post in instalments and the first one is about equipment.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1465040

Glad you had a great cruise too Sybella!

Emms I will be happy to post a comparison between Celebrity and Princess, but for now let me reassure you that Princess is an excellent cruise line. I did a live from the Crown Princess so I will try and track that down for you and post a link. Found it!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1141926

Edited by Jo and Rob

Dear Howarths,

Thank you so much for your wonderful videos. I waited until you were home to enjoy all of them at once, and they are spectacular! I think I've added Gibralter to my bucket list.

Kathy

Thank you Kathy

I had never heard of the term bucket list until this cruise but I love it and will adopt it!