Your Fleet Locations For Monday, August 1, 2011!

luvtwotrvl

Monday.jpg

Monday, August 1, 2011

Amsterdam -- Juneau, Alaska 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Webcam: http://www.juneau.org/cam/southcam.php

Eurodam -- Oslo, Norway 1:00 PM - Midnight

Maasdam -- Reykjavik, Iceland 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Nieuw Amsterdam -- Piraeus (Athens), Greece 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Noordam -- Cannes, France 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Oosterdam -- At Sea (from Seattle, Washington to Glacier Bay Scenic Cruising)

Prinsendam -- Reykjavik, Iceland 7:00 AM - Midnight

Rotterdam -- At Sea (from Stockholm, Sweden to Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

Ryndam -- At Sea (from Dover/London, England to Helsingborg, Sweden)

Statendam -- Cruising the Inside Passage (northbound: Vancouver to Ketchikan, Alaska)

Veendam -- At Sea (from New York, New York to Saint George, Bermuda)

Volendam -- Ketchikan, Alaska 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Webcam: http://webcamketchikan.com/alaska-sized-view-cam-3/

Westerdam -- Juneau, Alaska 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Zaandam -- Scenic Cruising College Fjord 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM

Zuiderdam -- Juneau, Alaska 2:30 PM - 10:30 PM

Eastern Hemisphere: Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eurodam -- Oslo, Norway 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Nieuw Amsterdam -- Istanbul, Turkey 4:00 PM - Midnight

Noordam -- Barcelona, Spain 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Rotterdam -- ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ryndam -- Helsingborg, Sweden 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Thanks for the report David. I am watching the AMSTERDAM with an eagle eye on this second week of an irregualr cruise. Things get bact to normal on Friday. I find it interesting that there will be three HAL ships in Juneau tomorrow.

Thanks for the report David. I am watching the AMSTERDAM with an eagle eye on this second week of an irregualr cruise. Things get bact to normal on Friday. I find it interesting that there will be three HAL ships in Juneau tomorrow.

I wonder if this means the Zuiderdam will have to tender again? My parents were nervous about that happening on their sailing.

I wonder if this means the Zuiderdam will have to tender again? My parents were nervous about that happening on their sailing.

Since the Zuiderdam and Westerdam are "regulars" in Juneau on each Monday this season and the AMSTERDAM is not I would think if any ship had to tender it would be the AMSTERDAM. However, the AMSTERDAM gets in earlier than the other two, I don't know.

The Harbor Master will make the final call on that one.

I do not know. I can tell you this. The AMSTERDAM is moored and tied down at the dock in Alaska. The Zuiderdam or Westerdam usually docks on the edge of town and you have to take a bus to get over to the other teminals. We will see--perhaps all three will be docked.

I do not know. I can tell you this. The AMSTERDAM is moored and tied down at the dock in Alaska. The Zuiderdam or Westerdam usually docks on the edge of town and you have to take a bus to get over to the other teminals. We will see--perhaps all three will be docked.

I can see the Amsterdam docked on the Juneau webcam, too. I was just checking the Marine Traffic website and it looks like the Westerdam is on its way toward Juneau, with Zuiderdam not too far behind. I'm not familiar with how things are usually done in Juneau and how many ships the main area can accommodate, so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I also realized this morning that I forgot to explain to my parents about ship time vs. port time, so hopefully they'll figure it out onboard and get to their independent excursion without any issues. I probably just worry too much, but it's their first cruise and I really want them to enjoy it.

I also realized this morning that I forgot to explain to my parents about ship time vs. port time, so hopefully they'll figure it out onboard and get to their independent excursion without any issues.

On HAL in Alaska, there is no difference between ship and port time. There would have been a notice on their bed, a notice in the Daily Explorer, and a mention by the CD that clocks were to be changed. I'm sure your parents managed just fine.

HAL changes clocks to port time in almost every port they visit. The only usual exception is Puerto Vallarta. We also stayed on ship time in Murmansk, but most people don't need to concern themselves with that port.

Thanks so much for posting the locations David. Prinsendam is in Iceland. I wonder how cold it is there?

Not very cold, about 12 C but with an occasional chilly rain. Here are a couple of shots of the Maasdam from the Elegant Explorer.

Roy

welcome.jpg.5bda863fd32a7ed9aa030b08e31913c6.jpg

doubledam.jpg.dddb453eb1997ec488c944eec699484a.jpg

adieu.jpg.9c64a03e4993bde18cb7f8cfc2b61537.jpg

On HAL in Alaska, there is no difference between ship and port time. There would have been a notice on their bed, a notice in the Daily Explorer, and a mention by the CD that clocks were to be changed. I'm sure your parents managed just fine.

HAL changes clocks to port time in almost every port they visit. The only usual exception is Puerto Vallarta. We also stayed on ship time in Murmansk, but most people don't need to concern themselves with that port.

This is great to know! Thanks for easing my mind :)

Archived