Solo Mature Female - Portofino Walk?

heidik

While I think it is very safe in both of these ports I think it is a good idea to walk with someone else.

Take the crew of a ship. They are all told that no matter where they sail it is best to never go it alone. If something should happen whether you fall down , or something else happens it's aways good to be with someone who can assist you.

Keith

While I think it is very safe in both of these ports I think it is a good idea to walk with someone else.

Take the crew of a ship. They are all told that no matter where they sail it is best to never go it alone. If something should happen whether you fall down , or something else happens it's aways good to be with someone who can assist you.

Keith

This is excellent advice. Yes, you will be safe walking, but it is very easy to trip or turn your ankle. At the very least, take your telephone with you and make sure someone knows where you are and when you will return.

Is it safe for a solo female to do the Portofino to Santa Margherita walk, or for that matter, any walk around Portofino?

Being a woman......don't chance it. So many things have been happening. Things are just not the same or that safe any more. :) grab a friend and go for your walk.

Completely safe in Portofino and the walk to SM is very safe as well. Watch out for the cars though, it's a very narrow road.

Agree with the others about either taking a cell phone with you, or letting someone know where you're going and when to expect you back.

I would say that this is not wise. The last time I was there I saw police men/women in most places. I rode the bus. You can get on and off as you like, the windows are large, and you follow the coast line most of the way to the top. Some of the towns were not very appealing just as some were very nice. You can catch the bus in the center of the port area and get information at the same time. Most of the people will not speak english and unless you speak their language you will be at a disadvantage. Why take a chance on ruining your vacation?

you can walk along the road but there is also a walk path higher up in the hills..crosses the road a few times and follows the coastline..good surface but steep in areas..quite possible to turn an ankle..I suggest you go on cruise critic ans try and put a small walking group together...probably more fun that way anyways

Archived