LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Hey George......Love the photo....Any wedding photo is always fun to look at......Those will always be the memories you willl have forever.

Bill and I have just celebrated 30 yesrs of togetherness in late May 2011, one of the reasons for this cruise. It's all been GREAT....yes we had up and downs.....but that was decades ago. I am 52 and Bill is 53.....we are 9 months apart so all is good. We have Prop 8 here in California that the voters turned down but appears to be unconsitutional and going thru the legal channels right now to overturn...so we will see if marriage will ever become legal here in CA. I am hoping for us...we can do another 30 years.....only the man up above will let us know!

Looking forward to talking online and meeting you in the future. I think you would LOVE PALM SPRINGS....It is the community of our age who still wants to be 20......One day I hope you can make it over here.

Have a great Sunday!

Mike

Mike

Alan and I used to go to Palm Springs every year for the Indian Wells Tennis (Alan played at Wimbledon in 1962) we always stayed at the CCBC :eek:

When American withdrew there Glasgow-Chigago-Palm Springs route we stopped coming as it became a 3 flight route although I did enjoy that little American Eagle puddle jumper over the mountains :eek:

Paseo Drive was my Favourite shopping area :) In Nov 1996 (I think it was) I took part in your Pride Parade as a guest of the Desert Aids Project as part of my work.

The memory are flooding back, we made great friends with two guys Bill Redman and Alex Marcus, dont know if you know them ? but they came to stay with us here in Scotland about 1998, we still send Christmas Cards.

George, loved the wedding photo. Alan was such a lovely chap, never knew he played at Wimbledon though!

We have visited Palm Springs 3 times and on 2 of those occasions it absolutely poured with rain. So much so that the last time we cut short our timeshare exchange and went back to the coast to stay with my relatives in Pacific Beach. 2nd time there we had intended to go up the tramway but there was snow at the top and we didn't have appropriate clothes and footwear. It was early May. On the other hand we did have an amazing hot air balloon ride over the valley at the beginning of the week. Spectacular and very memorable.

Corinne

Corrine

He came up through the Qaulifying rounds at Queen's Club which in those days was the home of the Civil Service Tennis Club whilst he worked in the Board of Trade Whitehall, His coach was Tony Mottram father of Buster - He left the Civil Service to join Air Traffic Control and his Tennis career had to take a back seat for many years, He represented Scotland until in his late 50s at places like Malvern, Ealing at the British County Championships.

We did do the San Jacinta tram in shorts etc in the snow :eek:

Good Morning Folks

OK, so rode Rita, met her Nemisis, drifted on Air, disappeared into Obvilion after sharing it all with at least Th13teen others! :D

Then there was the Sonic Spinball on the way to leaving on the Runaway Mine Train!

And that was only some of the stuff at Alton Towers, forgotten how spread out things were at the park. Walked miles in the 7+ hours we were there. Calf muscles are complaining today!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150252228037653.321493.710992652&l=b664506db1&type=1

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

I was 50 and Alan was 62 in 2006 before the goverment allowed us to get married :eek: so we lived in sin for 29 years. :D

2545147760069717818S500x500Q85.jpg

George....This is a wonderful pic of you and Alan. The joy on both of your faces is palpable.

We also enjoyed Palm Springs the one time we were there. When we got on the tram to go to the top of San Jacinto, it was 85 degrees on the ground, and at the top, there was snow. And we were not dressed for it! But what a great experience!!

Peter....Glad you survived the park yesterday. I recommend ibuprofen for you today, and maybe some Blue Sapphire.....;)

A rainy Sunday here in Maryland, but at least mother nature is watering our lawn and flowers for us today.....:)

Sherry, would have love to stop by, but I am leaving on Wednesday for Chicago. Next time we will have to get together.

George, thank you for sharing your photo, weddings always make me smile.

Peter, thanks for sharing. I love amusement parks, but not a real big fan of roller coasters. Unless they are inside and it is dark, such as space mountain @ Disney World.

Yesterday I do not think we hit 100. We did go and see Viva Elvis the Cirque de Soleil show last night. We really enjoyed it, and we also got a great locals discount on the tickets!

We have never been to Palm Springs, but would love to get there one day.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Just back from a truly memorable cruise with our family. The weather was really kind to us - only a couple of hours rain the whole trip!

It was so wonderful to be with all our kids and grandkids. We had so many laughs and of course lots of cuddles :)

The Norwegian Fjords were truly beautiful......

You have been really chatty since we went away, so I have lots to catch up on. Still down in London until Tuesday, then we head back up north to Glasgow.

Will chat some more once I have caught up......

Thought you might like to see a partial list of entertainers for our cruise.

Jonathan Kane Elton John Tribute Act

Alfred and Marina Ice Act

Joe Dougherty Pub Guitarist

Latin Magic Latin Trio

D'Version Party Band Quartet

Have a great day everyone. :)

Edited by chucknmarilyn

Just back from a truly memorable cruise with our family. The weather was really kind to us - only a couple of hours rain the whole trip!

It was so wonderful to be with all our kids and grandkids. We had so many laughs and of course lots of cuddles :)

You have been really chatty since we went away, so I have lots to catch up on. Still down in London until Tuesday, then we head back up north to Glasgow.

MARILYN.....Go glad you had such a great trip with all the family. I'm sure you made so many wonderful memories. Looking forward to seeing pics!

Latin Magic Latin Trio

MARILYN....This looks very good. Especially the Elton John Tribute!

Glad to have you back although as I mentioned on FB, it seems to have passed really quickly. Glad you had a good time and we'll catch up soon.

So happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with the family and the weather was in your favor...Nice to have you back;)

Latin Magic Latin Trio

Thanks for the partial list, I'm sure Latin Magic will be in Boleros...

We had an Elton John Tribute on a couple of our cruises, but it was not this guy...Wonder who the CD will be???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gq64uw0vf4

Jonathan Kane on youtube. Looks like we are going to be really entertained.

George, thanks for sharing the wedding pictures.

Marilyn, so glad that your trip was wonderful both with weather and more importantly family.

Donna

Edited by kylea_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gq64uw0vf4

Jonathan Kane on youtube. Looks like we are going to be really entertained.

George, thanks for sharing the wedding pictures.

Marilyn, so glad that your trip was wonderful both with weather and more importantly family.

Donna

Donna: Thanks for the link, he is wonderful....

I have been to five Elton Concerts :) the last on the 10th June in Glasgow this year, will a tribute be boring ?? :rolleyes:

Booked our tours in Israel today.

Nazareth, Cana and Galilee then two days later Jerusalem & Bethlehem both these trips are 10 hours.

Edited by scotsman

Todays Story

> > A priest dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates. Ahead of him is

> > a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and

> > jeans.

> >

> > Saint Peter addresses this cool guy, 'Who are you, so that I may know

> > whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven ?'

> >

> > The guy replies, 'I'm Bruce, retired Continental Airlines pilot from Texas ..'

> >

> > Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the pilot,

> > 'Bruce, take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom.'

> > The pilot goes into Heaven with his robe and staff.

> >

> > Next, it's the priest's turn. He stands erect and booms out, 'I am

> > Father Bob, pastor of Saint Mary's for the last 43 years.'

> >

> > Saint Peter consults his list. He says to the priest,

> > 'Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom.’

> >

> > 'Just a minute,' says the good father. 'That man was a pilot and he gets

> > a silken robe and golden staff and I get only cotton and wood.

> > How can this be?’

> >

> > 'Up here -- we go by results,' says Saint Peter.

> > 'When you preached -- people slept.

> > When he flew -- people prayed.'

> >

OK, joke time. This was sent to me by former supervisor from work. It did make me smile...

THE ITALIAN SECRET FOR A LONG MARRIAGE

>

> At St. Mary's Catholic Church they have a weekly husbands marriage

seminar. At the session last week, the priest asked Giuseppe, who was

approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share

some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all

these years.

>

> Giuseppe replied to the assembled husbands, 'Wella, I've a-tried to

treat-a her nice, spenda da money on her, but besta of alla is, I tooka her

to Italy for the 25th anniversary!

>

> The priest responded, 'Giuseppe, you are an amazing inspiration to all

the husbands here! ?Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for

your 50th anniversary?

>

> Giuseppe proudly replied, 'I'm agonna go get her.

Darlene

>

MARILYN welcome back sounds like a wonderful time was had by all...we still have to do that cruise... how was the weather, was it cold as that has what stopped us going on that itinerary as Ivor hates the cold. I know the scenery is wonderful.

Thanks for the jokes, nice to have something to laugh at.

Joanathan Clark is amazing check him out on his website jonathanclarkonline.com

I have been to five Elton Concerts :) the last on the 10th June in Glasgow this year, will a tribute be boring ?? :rolleyes:

Booked our tours in Israel today.

Nazareth, Cana and Galilee then two days later Jerusalem & Bethlehem both these trips are 10 hours.

Well done on arranging the excursions George.

As for a tribute being boring, mmm, a few sherrys, the gentle movement of the ship, I don't think so :D Elton's got his hands full at the moment with the new baby!