Repetitive P&O new menus

Pasty

Spent 2 weeks on Aurora in June and we were both really pleased with new menus. Difficult to choose nearly every night and really nice to see some new dishes / alternatives.

Personally we were very happy indeed. :)

They look good to me and I'd have no problems choosing from these. It is 70% same menu we have had on P&O on several cruises in last 18 months with a few new additions and a few things removed. We did our first P&O cruise in April 2010 and that was the only time we have seen caesar salad/melon/side salad explicity mentioned on the menu as alternatives. We have done a couple more cruises since on Azura and Oceana and they weren't on menu anymore (just the usual chicken, steak and salmon as alternatives).

I think the menus have got a few more interesting things on them with the regional dishes. My cristicism of P&O in the past has been whilst food pretty well cooked and tasty, it is very middle of the road "British" meat and two veg and not what you'd call exciting.

Have just returned from a cruise on Arcadia and can report that the new menus are fine. We enjoyed the food immensely and had no problems. We talked to a lady who was a vegetarian and she declared the food to be better than ever. She was able to choose her food from approx 12 options (not just the ones on the menu as printed) which were available to her the day before so she could select in advance. All she had to do was explain to the restaurant manager ASAP at the beginning of the holiday.

They look lovely to me and I'm a semi veggie(eat fish). I've been able to choose something from everyone! Infact I think I've put on half a stone just reading them!!

My husband is happy with them too, though he will be happy as long as he can still have his stilton to finish!

Have just returned from a cruise on Arcadia and can report that the new menus are fine. We enjoyed the food immensely and had no problems. We talked to a lady who was a vegetarian and she declared the food to be better than ever. She was able to choose her food from approx 12 options (not just the ones on the menu as printed) which were available to her the day before so she could select in advance. All she had to do was explain to the restaurant manager ASAP at the beginning of the holiday.

For any vegetarians (or any other allergies etc) you really need to let P&O know any special diets at the time of booking - not wait until you are on board, else they may not be able to cater for you as well as they might have.

For any vegetarians (or any other allergies etc) you really need to let P&O know any special diets at the time of booking - not wait until you are on board, else they may not be able to cater for you as well as they might have.

I'm a vegetarian and have never let P&O know in advance (although I have amended our future bookings to show I'm veggie). A quick word with the Restaurant Manager is all it takes and I'm given a copy of the following day's menu along with the special veggie menu.

More complex dietary needs may be a different kettle of fish, however.

Debbie:)

I've just got back off Oceana and the food was absolutely gorgeous - spoilt for choice - seriously need a diet now though!

I completely agree - couldn't fault the food at all:) And yes, I will also be watching the calories from tomorrow.

I'm a vegetarian and have never let P&O know in advance (although I have amended our future bookings to show I'm veggie). A quick word with the Restaurant Manager is all it takes and I'm given a copy of the following day's menu along with the special veggie menu.

I would agree but they're terribly heavy on carbs and I can't tolerate them.

It's only three weeks till we go on our cruise so I felt a bit anxious when I read the title of this thread, but to be honest having had a good look at the new menus I think many of the dishes are the same / similar to what we ate on Ocena at Easter. Sure the layout of the menu is different but I still think we'll be spoilt for choice. Can't wait!

I would agree but they're terribly heavy on carbs and I can't tolerate them.

A vegetarian that doesnt eat carbs. Now thats a hard one to cater for. My partner is a fussy veggie and has never had problems choosing from the mdr menu or the alternative pre-order veggie menu. In fact the head waiters go overboard ensuring there is something suitable. Also, the fresh veg served with the mains is always nice. After three P&O cruises I dont remember ever seeing a salad on the menu. Was it an always available item but just not shown?

Page 39, 2012 brochure 'Please let us know your needs and any food allergies when you make your booking.'

I know it might seem a minor matter, but having interviewed a P&O stores manager for a project I am working on, it is the bane of their lives when people don't let them know in advance. What if half the passengers turned out to be veggie ??

Archived