Carnival doesn't honor early saver fares

wendybreezy35

I saw on the carnival site a lower fare for pack n go. Ocean view that was quite alot lower in price so I sent in to get on board credit and was denied because it wasnt the specific category. What a bunch of B.S an ocean view is a ocean view. I check it with the fareviewer that people post on this site and it showed a cheaper price. Carnival doesnt honor thier word. This is my first cruise on carnival and I promise my last. I will try not to spend dime on the ship and will wait to I get to a port to drink. Carnival will lose alot more money than they would have given me in OBC. Has this happened to anyone else.

Early saver rules state you can only price match to YOUR category.

All pack n go's are only for gty therefore it is impossible to be your category.

You cannot price match down to some lower category. true.

Do you even know what OV category you are in? 6A? 6B, 6C?? you can only price match to that category not to whatever.

If as you say OV is OV .. no one would pay more for a 6C over a 6A for instance. Good to know the rules before you book? sorry.

Edited by firefly333

I had this EXACT thing happen... I was offered the choice to change my booking to the Pack n Go and get the lower rate -- but couldn't guarentee the exact cabin I wanted...

They were very accommodating and helpful!!!

Even on fareviewer it was just OV catagory. not by A B or C, etc...

Made total sense to me!!!!

I had this EXACT thing happen... I was offered the choice to change my booking to the Pack n Go and get the lower rate -- but couldn't guarentee the exact cabin I wanted...

They were very accommodating and helpful!!!

Even on fareviewer it was just OV catagory. not by A B or C, etc...

Made total sense to me!!!!

You were lucky .. most reps have denied this. I wonder how some are allowed but they usually enforce the rules for others.

I also saw a post from someone who did not even book ES who submitted the ES price drop form and got the price drop after final payment.. I was like WHAT. be consistent.

You also got a price drop on that 1A when it dropped that was changed to a 6B that I was denied.. so this is twice you got what I was denied.

I love how people say they won't cruise carnival again - I think you would encounter the same problem on any cruiseline - you have to go category for category, you can't compare apples to oranges. The rules are the rules and I know when I book early saver my PVP always explains the rules to me.

I saw on the carnival site a lower fare for pack n go. Ocean view that was quite alot lower in price so I sent in to get on board credit and was denied because it wasnt the specific category. What a bunch of B.S an ocean view is a ocean view. I check it with the fareviewer that people post on this site and it showed a cheaper price. Carnival doesnt honor thier word. This is my first cruise on carnival and I promise my last. I will try not to spend dime on the ship and will wait to I get to a port to drink. Carnival will lose alot more money than they would have given me in OBC. Has this happened to anyone else.

Sounds like a fun cruise......who are you punishing ? You or Carnival..............

Sure they do. I have gotten $300 OBC from the Early Saver Rates. However, I know the rules and read all the fine print when I booked the rate.

I also think carnival is to blame .. as you see above .. lambie got to match the rates and give up here cabin.. carnival is inconsistent, and some people get it and some dont, so I understand their frustration.

carnival needs to make a rule and enforce it.. not give it to just some people.

carnival is too inconsistent in enforcing their own rules.

Despite your confusion over the rules/guidlines regarding ES rates... why do your best to ruin your own vacation? Make the most of it, even if you feel it's an unfortunate outcome regarding the ES onboard credit. To go on a cruise and to purposely do everything you can to limit your own enjoyment sure sounds like a complete and total waste of money to me.

Just saying... It would definitely be in your own best interest to rethink this plan. Have a wonderful time on your cruise, and then if you ever do book another... You can approach the booking process with full knowledge of 'all' the details regarding the pricing options thereby avoiding any disappointment such as you've experienced today.

Regards,

BB

I booked early and received two lower rates for ocean suite and inside for older kids.refunding me over $500 needless to say upgraded inside to balcony and still saved money. Still have until Jan 8 to see if i can save more.I think booking early so far is great:)

I also think carnival is to blame .. as you see above .. lambie got to match the rates and give up here cabin.. carnival is inconsistent, and some people get it and some dont, so I understand their frustration.

carnival needs to make a rule and enforce it.. not give it to just some people.

carnival is too inconsistent in enforcing their own rules.

Carnival is not to blame. The rules are in place. The problem is "two-fold".

Thw reps at Carvival (BEING HUMANS ) dont always follow the rules as they should and on the other hand, customers who DONT read, then call, MAKING LOTS OF NOISEs, get away at times with it.

Carnival is not to be blamed ???????:confused:

I booked early saver on my upcoming cruise and submitted the price form when pack and go came out last week. They let me switch to the balcony guarantee and now I have 500 obc and a decent room. They gave me my room selection the next day. I figured that I as long as I was on the ship, I would have a good time.

Edited by mrlddst
syntax

I booked early saver on my upcoming cruise and submitted the price form when pack and go came out. They let me switch to the balcony guarantee and now I have 500 obc and a decent room. They gave me my room selection the next day. I figured that I as log as I was on the ship, I would have a good time.

See, this is what I mean by Carnival being inconsistent. I have read this enough, Id be submitting it too, even though I know its supposedly against the rules .. some get thru.

I do blame Carnival. Who else?

I do believe they need to consistent. I read the boards first and saw that many people were saying it wasnt possible but then I checked the carnival funville boards and a woman said they allowed her to change, so I figured why not. The worst they can say is no.

For all those people who think I am so dumb for not knowing the rules to this, I have a 6a riviera deck ov. This is the lowest category for the ov cabins so why cant they honor the price differance. I cant get any lower category so why not give me the credit. As for punishing my self trust me I will still have a good time aboard the ship I will bring my own soda and 2 bottles of wine so I will not have to spend a dime til I get to the ports where I will spend and spend alot. Whats fair is fair if I had waited and booked pack and go at worst I would have gotten the same category on the same level. Its the principal of the whole matter.

For all those people who think I am so dumb for not knowing the rules to this, I have a 6a riviera deck ov. This is the lowest category for the ov cabins so why cant they honor the price differance. I cant get any lower category so why not give me the credit. As for punishing my self trust me I will still have a good time aboard the ship I will bring my own soda and 2 bottles of wine so I will not have to spend a dime til I get to the ports where I will spend and spend alot. Whats fair is fair if I had waited and booked pack and go at worst I would have gotten the same category on the same level. Its the principal of the whole matter.

Or you could reply to the email and say what you just said .. and if it were me, Id copy and paste the two posters who said they DID get the credit. If they got it, you can ask for it again. Play dumb, just insist if they got it you should get it, and say you booked a 6A, you are willing to give up your cabin and go into the guarantee pool. A gty they assign your cabin, so if you cant do worse, say that. cant hurt to give it another whirl.

If you think you are entitled to the credit, just reply to the email you got denying it and present your case.

I know that works because Iv had to do it. Mine were completely different, I had a WB credit .. but anyway, I emailed them back and they gave me the credit. (they had ignored what I said in the comments obviously). You might win if you present your case, you got two posts of others who got the credit in the same circumstances to use.

let us know.

Edited by firefly333

I think it is very clear. You booked a rate with a specific category and got to pick your room. You want to keep your chosen room, but be given the price for a room where you get no selection about your location even if you can't get a lower category than what you booked you could definitely be given a less than stellar location which is often a reason why people chose to pick their room.

I am the first one to fight for a rate match if it meets the criteria, but this does not even come close. Carnival is not in the wrong, sorry.

Edited by mommyto2kids

I'll never understand how folks will agree to specific terms and then complain when forced to abide to those terms. Did you ever check to see what the room rate was for your specific category? If it was lower than what you booked at, then you have a strong case and you'll get virtually 100% support from cc members. Otherwise you're on your own and if you choose not to sail with Carnival again you're cutting your nose off to spite your face. Good luck finding another cruise line that will let you rewrite their booking rules.

I wish Carnival honored price drops up to sailing, like they did years ago. But it isn't worth it to me to book ES, too restrictive & if I need to cancel I just want my $ back, period, if it's before final payment.

Sorry to the OP that you are disappointed. I hope you have a good cruise in spite of this.

I still think it is great that the cruise lines let you have price drops you catch before final payment (so long as it isn't a new booking only special). You don't get this kind of deal on other purchases, like airfare. I also think it's great that the passenger gets to reap the benefit of price drops they catch, but aren't affected by price increases.