Princess Cays Bungalows

Whimsy

Have they changed the capacity of the Cabanas at Princess Cays? Are they now allowing only 4 people instead of 6?

We have a large group going with us in January and I was going to rent a Cabana with the idea that they could drop by to visit off and on. I have a non water person too so I thought the A/C would be nice for her. I know we have dropped in on other groups in the past and it wasn't a problem but with the reduction on their capacity on the bookings I just want to make sure there won't be a problem.

Yes, for some reason the number of people allowed in the bungaloes went from 6 to 4. But the price didn't change.

We are going to book it for the four people but I know that other friends will "stop by" and hang out with us.

The only issue is that we are going to upgrade to the food package and they will only let you order for 4 people. Most of that is okay because the amount of food they bring you would easily feed 8 or more. Well except for the lobster/mango salad and NO ONE is getting ANY of my lobster/mango salad. Hands down, the BEST thing I have ever eaten on a Princess ship (with my appologies to chef Giavanni who has made us some fantastic private meals onboard!!!)

The cabanas all blew away.

How do you know for sure ? Is ( or was) there a web cam or did you see a report ?

As someone mentionned earlier, our best taughts for the poeple on the Islands.

I think it was said in jest but seeing where the hurricane is located it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Even that's no big deal since they could cart in a dozen or so units & be up in action in 2 weeks.

I'm sorry, I meant bungelows, not cabanas.

Sox Fan, did you have any troubles when you had more than the allowed amount? I know we will have many stopping by too.

The time when everyone "stopped by" we didn't order food. The waiters said nothing other than "who wants a drink?"!!! But if we had ordered food, they would have just brought enough for the 4 people (which again, could feed at least 8).

(Note: when you order the food for 4 people, they bring you 4 hot dogs, 4 hamburgers, 4 sausage.... You get my point. And that is the main entree. There has already been 4 courses before that. TONS of food.)

We ended up friending the bungalo next to ours and had two-bungalo party. We still talk to those people and are visiting them in April!

Otherwise, it didn't seem like Princess cared. It's basically just a shed to store your stuff. The rest is open beach.

They give you just enough tickets for early tendering as you paid for. So they will give you 4 tickets. If the other folks are kids I don't think it's a problem but if the extras are adults, it would be the other people in line that I would be worried about! (check other threads about this!)

I don't think Princess even looked at my ticket.

Thanks for the info. We usually get moving early so waiting for a tender is not a problem. If there is a long line I'll just take my friends and daughter over with the priority tickets and DH can stay behind with the others and take the other tender over. I'll tell them to let us settle in for while and then start "dropping by". We will be getting our own food so that is not a problem. Perhaps an extra tip will do the trick too.

They give you just enough tickets for early tendering as you paid for. So they will give you 4 tickets. If the other folks are kids I don't think it's a problem but if the extras are adults, it would be the other people in line that I would be worried about! (check other threads about this!)

I don't think Princess even looked at my ticket.

Thanks! We might just try it.....I don't worry about other people in line because they have no idea who paid what......

I don't expect them to let more than 4 use the priority tender tickets. Some of the group can go early or we can all just wait together. I just want to know what they can come by the bungelow and not have a problem.

It will be interesting to see how they intend to control the amount of people visiting any bungalow. I can understand if you had a group of 10 people partying in front of one but the difference between 4 & 6 people can't be all that much and might make it a decision not to rent one for some families.

what are the diffences between the 2 types of bungalow?also how do you order food is it before you leave the ship or just on the day when your ready? are these bungalows directly on the beach? thinking are they worth the dollars? thanks

what are the diffences between the 2 types of bungalow?

Sanctuary bungalow description:

This private island experience is truly private. Escape completely in your own shoreside air-conditioned bungalow situated in the new adults-only area - The Sanctuary at Princess Cays, an extension of the onboard experience. Perfect for adults seek privacy and seclusion, these colorful beachfront bungalows feature a ceiling fan, table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside, and an individual outdoor, open-air shower. A friendly, attentive staff is available to take drink orders and to orient you to the area. As an added convenience, priority tender tickets are issued for participants who have reserved a bungalow. Additionally, enjoy the use of a motorized cart for transportation to your bungalow. When you are ready to take a dip or walk along the shoreline, just walk down the path to the beach. You may enhance this luxurious experience with a gourmet picnic lunch amenity.

Regular bungalow description:

You'll be living island-style in your colorful, private shoreside bungalow just steps away from the Princess Cays beach. Brightly colored and perfect for families, the air-conditioned bungalows are located in the picturesque palm grove just behind the beach. Each bungalow features a ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside on the deck, and a private shower. The beach is within walking distance. A friendly, attentive staff is available to take drink orders and to orient you to the area. As an added convenience, priority tender tickets are issued for participants who have reserved a bungalow. Additionally, a motorized cart for transportation to your bungalow is available. Private and well equipped, the Princess Cays beach bungalows delight every occupant that crosses the threshold. The only problem is you might not want to leave!

Basically, for $50 more in the Sanctuary bungalow, no children will be there to bother you, just like in the Sanctuary on the ship.

Archived