Here comes know-it-all Miimito4 on her first Alaskan Regent cruise.

mimito4

Bravo T & Don, thanks so much for taking all of us along on you Alaska journey--your delightful prose and gorgeous pix helped us all cruise right beside you. Special thanks for taking the time to single out the Navigator crew members that went above & beyond. Safe journey home to Cinncinati, now home of the undefeated Bengals :)

Rallydave, I was surprised as well, and just had to figure it was an error.

Responder, you can't top that kind of service for sure. A little big thing, but I loved how they poured you a "tasting" of whatever the daily pour was, as though you had ordered the bottle. If you didn't like it or preferred a chardonnay vs, say a sauvignon blanc, well, you got it. Even more specific, if you preferred a more buttery, oaky chardonnay, well you got that. All without a need to go to the wines with a cost unless you chose to. No push ever for that.

I consider this the most perfect part of the lux experience, and as much as I love SeaDream, another all inclusive lux line, this was not my experience there. Oh, they would get you something else if you didn't like the wine pour, but this.. .this was an entirely different level of that service.

Me likee!

Safe journey home to Cinncinati, now home of the undefeated Bengals :)

Brat. :D ;) :D You know I love my Bengals.

And yes, you guys are so right. It is Daniella. So glad you helped me with her name. She was just the best.

And just one more addition to my crew cheers. I can't believe I didn't rave about Clive, our steward. He was simply awesome. Took great care of our suite. When we asked for something, we never had to ask twice. It was just done. Always had a pleasant demeanor, which, in my opinion, counts for a lot also.

I'll catch up with my home and family duties and then I'll post an unofficial review in a couple of days. In the meantime, if anyone has questions about the ship, crew, excursions, or beautiful Alaska, I'd be happy to answer as best I can.

I sure do wish I had one of Eduardo's Pink Squirrels right about now. Yummmmm.

T--

Welcome home! So happy that you enjoyed your cruise. I enjoyed reading your posts!

I too have to mention Daniella--the sommelier. During our April cruise, one evening at dinner I mentioned that I had enjoyed the white wine I had the previous night at Prime 7. She asked me what it was, and I couldn't remember, but whatever she was pouring for me presently would be fine.

Next thing I knew, she appeared with a bottle from last night's pouring in Prime 7. With a big smile and an "enjoy!" she went on to give her superb service to the rest of the dining room.

We have been mulling over several possibilities for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise next year in November, having previously cruised HAL once and Oceania 3 times. We pondered a number of itineraries and wondered if Regent would be the natural next step.

Teresa, your delightful insights have helped to convince us that this line is for us. Looks like we are trying for the Montreal to Miami itinerary next year. Stay tuned!! ;-)

Well, what a compliment! Ummm, does this mean I get a commission?

Seriously, I'm happy for you that you have:

1. Almost made it to the quarter century mark. It must mean that you really like each other. I really like my man!

2. Chosen Regent as a way to acknowledge and celebrate that milestone. You will love it! We have cruised many cruise lines, and I can honestly recommend this line with no reservations what so ever.

This is the first time I'm taking a peek back in here. Still intend to write a review. I am experiencing big-time PCB--post cruise blues, so I have not been able to think about it much. . .makes me sad that it's over. :(

This is the first time I'm taking a peek back in here. Still intend to write a review. I am experiencing big-time PCB--post cruise blues, so I have not been able to think about it much. . .makes me sad that it's over. :(

I had to respond -- I totally can empathize. I had major blues after my first (and so far only) Regent cruise. I think it wouldn't have been so bad if I thought I'd be sailing with Regent in the (then) foreseeable future. My parents had helped me & hubby out with a sizable portion of cruise fare, and the sailing we were on was one of the lowest-cost ones they've ever had (it was a 14-day sailing for less than some of the 7 day sailings cost today). Could never have afforded even that sailing without the subsidy from my folks! I was despondent -- couldn't figure out how I'd get back on Regent without winning the lottery! :(

Happily, deals come and deals go, and I'm counting down the days (see ticker, below) until my next booked Regent. Chin up -- you'll be back aboard before long, I'm sure! :cool:

Archived