Aqua Class vs Concierge Class

NelleS

Good morning!

I'm looking at an itinerary on the Solstice, and am trying to figure out the differences between the Aqua & Concierge cabins. According to Celebrity's site, the two have the same configuration and are the same size.

Other than access to the Spa, is there any real difference?

Which would you choose? The itinerary I'm considering is the Australia to Hawaii, if that would make a difference.

TIA,

Ellen

Good morning!

I'm looking at an itinerary on the Solstice, and am trying to figure out the differences between the Aqua & Concierge cabins. According to Celebrity's site, the two have the same configuration and are the same size.

Other than access to the Spa, is there any real difference?

Which would you choose? The itinerary I'm considering is the Australia to Hawaii, if that would make a difference.

TIA,

Ellen

There have been many threads on this subject. The overwhelming advice is to take Aqua Class. The cabins are the same. However, with AQ you get Blu as your assigned dining venue. You get free access to the Persian Gardens and Free bottled water. You will also receive all of the Concierge benefits. You just want to watch your cabin location as soom get noise from above. You'll find a ton of information on Blu if you do a quick search.

There have been many threads on this subject. The overwhelming advice is to take Aqua Class. The cabins are the same. However, with AQ you get Blu as your assigned dining venue. You get free access to the Persian Gardens and Free bottled water. You will also receive all of the Concierge benefits. You just want to watch your cabin location as soom get noise from above. You'll find a ton of information on Blu if you do a quick search.

The big benefit to AQ is Blu, which as stated is a dedicated restaurant for AQ patrons. It is smaller, has its own kitchen and most will say the food is better than the MDR. The Celebrity web site is wrong where it states you have priority access to Blu, Blu replaces the MDR. If price were the same, I would definitely go with AQ since you get all the CC benefits as well as those of AQ.

The Aqua is good for those that are health minded. Access to the spa and health foods is a plus. The concierge class offers more of what you'd expect with a bottle of wine (champagne) and daily fresh fruit. Every afternoon canapes are brought to the cabin at a time you specify.

The Aqua is good for those that are health minded. Access to the spa and health foods is a plus. The concierge class offers more of what you'd expect with a bottle of wine (champagne) and daily fresh fruit. Every afternoon canapes are brought to the cabin at a time you specify.

Welcome to cruise critic. A slight correction: Blu is not a health foods restaurant and it is a mistake to think that it is. It is a bit healthier since it uses lighter sauces, but you can eat as unhealthly as you want. The only special areas of the Spa that's free for AQ are the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room.

Welcome to cruise critic. A slight correction: Blu is not a health foods restaurant and it is a mistake to think that it is. It is a bit healthier since it uses lighter sauces, but you can eat as unhealthly as you want. The only special areas of the Spa that's free for AQ are the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room.

Agree with Orator, Blu is not a health food restaurant and they have three everyday items, a chicken dish, a salmon dish and a strip steak.

you also get champage,fresh fruit,canapes,plus bottled water, plus fresh ice teas in the afternoon...you get everything Concierge class gets PLUS more.If the price is about the same its a no brainer.......

Kimberley

As was mention, and I would stress, you are assigned BLU vs a table in the main dining room (MDR) for dinner. You can check with MDR for available seating if you wish, but you are not, at least initially, assigned a table/seat for dinner during the cruise. :)

We are looking into trying AQ, and now have to think through issues of traveling with others who will not pay to sail in AQ class.

One of the best perks is breakfast in Blu. The quality is far, far superior than the MDR and the buffet. The breakfast arrives very promptly and the service is great.

Before Blu, I usually went to the buffet, because the MDR breakfast was so slow and the service was so, so. Hated to waste a hour and half, just for breakfast. Not so with Blu.

As some one who lives near the University of Michigan, all I can say is:

GO BLU

STAN

P.S. I am an University of Detroit grad myself, so GO TITANS.:cool:

Ok, I have a question for you experts. We are Elite which means we can get a special continental breakfast with included drinks such as mimosas, bloody marys, etc. We also have little interest in all things spa. So does it still make sense for us to go Aqua Class?

Hank

One of the best perks is breakfast in Blu. The quality is far, far superior than the MDR and the buffet. The breakfast arrives very promptly and the service is great.

Before Blu, I usually went to the buffet, because the MDR breakfast was so slow and the service was so, so. Hated to waste a hour and half, just for breakfast. Not so with Blu.

As some one who lives near the University of Michigan, all I can say is:

GO BLU

STAN

P.S. I am an University of Detroit grad myself, so GO TITANS.:cool:

Titans, yes. Snow Weasels, NO! :D Go Green!

Ok, I have a question for you experts. We are Elite which means we can get a special continental breakfast with included drinks such as mimosas, bloody marys, etc. We also have little interest in all things spa. So does it still make sense for us to go Aqua Class?

Hank

Yes. My routine is to first go to Michael's for a BM and then for a lox and bagel sans bagel and cream cheese, then to Michael's for a full breakfast.

And, in my opinion, the difference between dinner in Blu and the MDR is like night and day.

Welcome to cruise critic. The only special areas of the Spa that's free for AQ are the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room.

What exactly does this mean? I'm not familiar with either since this will be our first Celebrity trip. We're presently booked in Concierge but would like more info please re PG and RR.

Thanks.

What exactly does this mean? I'm not familiar with either since this will be our first Celebrity trip. We're presently booked in Concierge but would like more info please re PG and RR.

Thanks.

The Persian Gardens have heated tile loungers and a wet and dry sauna. There is a charge for non AQ passengers. The relaxation room is really the waiting room for those who have a spa treatment scheduled. They have bed like loungers and self serve drinks (non alcohol).

Yes. My routine is to first go to Michael's for a BM and then for a lox and bagel sans bagel and cream cheese, then to Michael's for a full breakfast.

And, in my opinion, the difference between dinner in Blu and the MDR is like night and day.

Didn't know Michaels had a bathroom inside....

Hank

I would not book AQ if they did not have Blu, that is the real benefit...

You have a Bloody Mary and lox and Bagel in Michael's then go for a full breakfast in Michael's A bit confusing, but I assume you mean Blu not Michael's.

To the OP, if you have the need to have an free alcoholic drink before 10am, then go to the continental breakfast in Michael's. If you want to have a very nice full breakfast, Blu is the place to go.

Correction: Full breakfast in Blu.

Ok folks, now here is another question. All the AQ cabins are on the highest passenger deck. We normally are careful about what is over, under and around our cabin and all the AQs are under the pool deck which, on some ships, means it can get noisy with footsteps and whatever above. We also noticed that there is quite a superstructure overhang which looks like it blocks a lot of the sun above. Am I right or is this a nothing.

Hank

Ok folks, now here is another question. All the AQ cabins are on the highest passenger deck. We normally are careful about what is over, under and around our cabin and all the AQs are under the pool deck which, on some ships, means it can get noisy with footsteps and whatever above. We also noticed that there is quite a superstructure overhang which looks like it blocks a lot of the sun above. Am I right or is this a nothing.

Hank

Not all the AQ's are under the noisy area, there are some further back.

This does mean that you will have further to walk if you are using the spa, but they shouls be quiter.

And I believe that there is an overhang, but it is worse with some cabins.

Archived