Aqua Class vs Concierge Class

NelleS

The Aqua is good for those that are health minded. Access to the spa and health foods is a plus. The concierge class offers more of what you'd expect with a bottle of wine (champagne) and daily fresh fruit. Every afternoon canapes are brought to the cabin at a time you specify.

BLU is not a health food restaurant at all. We ate meat there almost every night. You also get a bottle of sparkling wine when you board, just like in concierge class. You can have daily fresh fruit and canapes or cheese every afternoon in AQU as well.

the elite breakfast can range from just pastries to smoked salmon and/or eggs benedict. breakfast in blu is great. they will put all kind of things in an omlett. on constellation (which doesn't have blu) the 2nd week of our cruise we had eggs benedict. i think we just ate there every day.

don't know what we'll do this time. love the bloody mary mornings. ad

I just upgraded from Aqua to sky suite and the suite I was assigned is several decks lower and on the aft starboard corner. I am wondering if I should accept the upgrade or stick with Aqua. Comments please.

Can I ask if you can pay for Blu like any other speciality restaurant. Just booked our first cruise with Celebrity and trying to find our the ins and outs.

We booked the concierge room.

Regards

Gordon

Sorry, you must be in Aqua Class to use Blu at no charge. It is the Aqua Class dining venue. Suite guests may dine there for a $5 pp charge if space is available.

Ok folks, now here is another question. All the AQ cabins are on the highest passenger deck. We normally are careful about what is over, under and around our cabin and all the AQs are under the pool deck which, on some ships, means it can get noisy with footsteps and whatever above. We also noticed that there is quite a superstructure overhang which looks like it blocks a lot of the sun above. Am I right or is this a nothing.

Hank

This is what stopped us booking Aqua. Odd decision to allocate badly-positioned cabins to the most expensive balcony cabins...

Mary

Stupid question: Does Blu have latte-type coffees available at breakfast? Or can I go to Cafe al Bacio and bring one with me to breakfast in Blu? That seems a little bit tacky, but is definitely worth it for my coffee addiction. Thanks.

This is what stopped us booking Aqua. Odd decision to allocate badly-positioned cabins to the most expensive balcony cabins...

Mary

The are approximately 70 AQ cabins not under the pool area, 28 aft rest the rest forward. I believe the forward cabins do not have much of an overhang.

The are approximately 70 AQ cabins not under the pool area, 28 aft rest the rest forward. I believe the forward cabins do not have much of an overhang.

So, if I understand if one books the forward cabins they get little overhang but potentially a lot of noise from the public deck above. If you book the cabins towards the aft end you avoid the noise but get the overhang? I share the thoughts of "Norfolk Brit" that X seems to have come up with a good way to entice folks into booking cabins in a less desirable location. We do understand that cruise lines have created this myth that passengers should want to pay more money to be on higher decks, but often these higher decks are in the noisiest locations (plus they move more in rough seas). It is interesting that on the cruise we are currently considering, nearly all the AQ cabins in the aft section are booked but most of the AQs under the public areas are not booked. Sounds like many X cruisers are very "location aware" when they book a cabin.

Hank

So, if I understand if one books the forward cabins they get little overhang but potentially a lot of noise from the public deck above. If you book the cabins towards the aft end you avoid the noise but get the overhang? I share the thoughts of "Norfolk Brit" that X seems to have come up with a good way to entice folks into booking cabins in a less desirable location. We do understand that cruise lines have created this myth that passengers should want to pay more money to be on higher decks, but often these higher decks are in the noisiest locations (plus they move more in rough seas). It is interesting that on the cruise we are currently considering, nearly all the AQ cabins in the aft section are booked but most of the AQs under the public areas are not booked. Sounds like many X cruisers are very "location aware" when they book a cabin.

Hank

I've had forward AQ cabins and almost all are under the spa area with no noise from above. The exception is the cabin right under the kitchen area of the Spa Cafe.

Hank, I am simply saying there are 70 plus cabin which are not under noise producing areas, some do have the overhang, others do not. With the level of skin cancers on the rise, many of us prefer not having the balcony in full sun.

Welcome to all newbies to Celebrity! I have some information for you, but first I will agree with everyone else, book Aqua! Blu is excellent. You are not restricted to eating here, however, and can also eat in the MDR on a space available basis. Just check the menu that is posted outside of each restaurant in the morning and decide where you want to eat dinner. The first night is filet mignon which is excellent and the last formal night is lobster tail, much better than the MDR.

On Solstice Class ships, there are cabins on the "hump" that have larger balconies (the cabin is the same size). These are highly coveted. Here's the list so you can see if there's one available for your sailing.

Resort Deck (C2): 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110 (Also good, but not as large: 2107, 2108, 2111, 2112)

Penthouse Deck (Aqua): 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610 (Also good, not as large: 1599, 1603, 1604, 1608)

Sky Deck (C2): 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck (1A): 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9266, 9270, 9292

Panorama Deck (C2): 9241, 9296

Vista Deck (1A): 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck (1A): 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck (2C): 6155, 6156

Continental Deck (1A): 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

I had 1606 on the Eclipse, which is one of the larger balcony cabins in Aqua Class. There is an overhang, but you still get some sun depending on the direction the ship is facing. We were under the pool area, but had no noise. It's close to the elevators and stairs and an excellent cabin midship. Here's pictures so you can see.

067.jpg

049.jpg

Not mentioned is the wonderful spa shower in Aqua:

054.jpg

SolHump-vi.jpg

Persian Gardens:

Celebrity_Solstice_Relaxation_Room_1.jpg

Relaxation Room:

Persian_Garden_3.jpg

Being a simple soul, had I not done a little research on here first it would not have occurred to me to be extremely careful about the location of the most expensive balcony cabins - foolishly I would have taken it as a given that they would be in good positions without the problems that I always look out for (balconies shaded by overhang and noise from above).

Mary

With the level of skin cancers on the rise, many of us prefer not having the balcony in full sun.

As most balconies are roughly the size of an ant's toenail, and thus blessed by the sun's rays for about ten seconds every 24 hours, catching skin cancer on a ship's balcony seems one of the least likely calamaties to befall the unwary.:)

Mary

Stupid question: Does Blu have latte-type coffees available at breakfast? Or can I go to Cafe al Bacio and bring one with me to breakfast in Blu? That seems a little bit tacky, but is definitely worth it for my coffee addiction. Thanks.

I used to bring my Caffe Mocha from Cafe el Bacio with me to breakfast in Blu. Can't remember if they had latte-type coffeess available.

As most balconies are roughly the size of an ant's toenail, and thus blessed by the sun's rays for about ten seconds every 24 hours, catching skin cancer on a ship's balcony seems one of the least likely calamaties to befall the unwary.:)

Mary

On our last TA we had sun on our balcony all day every day! Easy to burn.

It was a normal side of ship cabin, nothing special.

Lovely place to sit away from the marauding hoards!:)

The Aqua is good for those that are health minded. Access to the spa and health foods is a plus. The concierge class offers more of what you'd expect with a bottle of wine (champagne) and daily fresh fruit. Every afternoon canapes are brought to the cabin at a time you specify.

Can anyone tell me where "Blu" is located on Silouette? I can't seem to locate it on the deck plans.:cool:

i have heard that there is no issue with noise anylonger in AQ where ever your cabin is,they have put noise protection between the floors now....yipppeeeee

Where did you hear that from? I keep reading the posts/reviews on the Sticky regarding noise in a lot of AQ cabins and it is a concern which makes me hesitant to book. I prefer a quiet cabin with no overhang:)

Where did you hear that from? I keep reading the posts/reviews on the Sticky regarding noise in a lot of AQ cabins and it is a concern which makes me hesitant to book. I prefer a quiet cabin with no overhang:)

i read it on here somewhere,maybe if you put sound proofing in the search you can find it.....it was because so many people were complaining about the gym area...

i have heard that there is no issue with noise anylonger in AQ where ever your cabin is,they have put noise protection between the floors now....yipppeeeee

My goodness, where did you hear that info. Effective sound proofing means more space between floors and more weight...neither of which are going to happen on the upper decks of cruise ships. Cruise ship design as certainly improved over the years, but most experienced cruisers prefer to avoid being underneath public areas where folks are walking around late at night or, in this case, early in the morning. The gym area is just one small part of the deck...we are talking about a large pool deck on top of cabins.

Hank

Archived