New Traditional Dining Times Across the Fleet ?

earnied

When we cruised on Sapphire Princess last March we found that our traditional late seating time had been changed from 8:15 PM to 7:45 PM. We have friends who just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Sea Princess and they were told that traditional late seating has been changed to 7:45 PM across the fleet now. Have recent cruisers found this to be fact ?

earnied

As said, my experience is that it varies from 7:45 until 8:15 depending upon the itinerary with those having many early port days being earlier. On the Sapphire in May, the CD never properly adjusted the Princess Theater shows which began from 45 minutes prior to dinner (7:00) until 2 1/2 hours after dinner (10:15).

It depends on the ship and itinerary. Out of my past four Princess cruises, one was 7:45pm, three were 8:15pm. The website will always give one time so that's not quite accurate but they do that for simplicity; it's up to the Maitre d' and Captain what time it will be.

On the Ruby for December 23, 2011 there are two early sittings: one at 5:30 and one at 6:00. We are confirmed for 5:30 and wait listed for 6:00 with 265 people ahead of us. We were recently off the Grand out of Southampton and there was only one early sitting at 6:00.

On the Ruby for December 23, 2011 there are two early sittings: one at 5:30 and one at 6:00. We are confirmed for 5:30 and wait listed for 6:00 with 265 people ahead of us. We were recently off the Grand out of Southampton and there was only one early sitting at 6:00.
Thankfully I caught this in our cruise personalizer before it was too late. My TA was able to get us confirmed for the 6pm seating :)

Seems there are changes in the traditional seating times for both early and late dining......

I too would love 7.45pm instead of 8.15pm, that is just a little too late. I am hoping that on the Ocean Princess next March that they will change the late sitting to 7.45pm, it would be a wonderful surprise, nearly as good a surprise as finding the mattresses to be pillow top!

Jennie

On our July Alaskan cruise aboard the Sapphire, we were signed up for 6:00 traditional, but when we checked in, our cruise cards said 5:30. The patters listed two seatings: 5:30 and 7:45. Be sure and check your patters daily - the last night of our cruise, the early seating time was changed to 5:00 (probably to enable us to finish dinner before docking in Victoria at 7:00.) Fortunately, the waiter my mother's table told her about change the night before. My waiter failed to mention it, so it's a good thing that Mom told me. The change was in the patter, but I didn't even think to look at the dining times after 5 nights of the same thing.

Archived