Lables- A Bit Peeved

chirpy007

The only luggage labels l can get are those that l have printed off myself, l then have to staple these to my luggage...whilst in the grand scheme of things not a massive problem but very irrating. As lm flying in from the UK and have two nights in NY first they cant be attached to my case and l need to bring a stapler to fix them on.

When did Princess stop sending lables ?

Princess stopped sending luggage tags quite some time ago (maybe two or three years). All you have to do is to cover them with clear packing tape, punch a hole through them, and attach them with a zip tie when you need to put them on. Very simple, and less frustrating then carrying a stapler with you. ;)

The only luggage labels l can get are those that l have printed off myself, l then have to staple these to my luggage...whilst in the grand scheme of things not a massive problem but very irrating. As lm flying in from the UK and have two nights in NY first they cant be attached to my case and l need to bring a stapler to fix them on.

This procedure was started in the Fall of 2009 and if you need to staple (or see Toto's response), just ask to borrow one at your hotel.

DH just printed ours off on heavy cardstock paper, and plans to fold in half and laminate, then punch a hole at one end. All we need to do is just tie them on. Most office supply stores that I know of will laminate things for you. Sounds a whole lot easier than messing with a stapler.

Slide them into a vertical badge holder and attach with a zip tie.

No muss, no fuss, and they're reusable!

http://www.staples.com/Avery-Vinyl-Badge-Holder-Vertical-4-x-3/product_491455

Google "cruise line luggage tag holders" and you'll find several products that may help.
Take a deep breath and relax. You can also use clear packing tape over them to make them water-proof and sturdier; punch a hole and use a twist-tie you can get from pretty much any storage bag box to secure when you get to the hotel.

I've used the paper tags many times on both Princess and HAL since they were introduced and never had a problem. As a matter of fact, I think luggage handling has greatly improved since the name and cabin # is clear and readible. When people handwrote their names and cabin #'s on tags, I often wondered how they thought they'd ever get their luggage. The scribbles were attrocious. It must have been a nightmare for the handlers.

Take a deep breath and relax. You can also use clear packing tape over them to make them water-proof and sturdier; punch a hole and use a twist-tie you can get from pretty much any storage bag box to secure when you get to the hotel.

I've used the paper tags many times on both Princess and HAL since they were introduced and never had a problem. As a matter of fact, I think luggage handling has greatly improved since the name and cabin # is clear and readible. When people handwrote their names and cabin #'s on tags, I often wondered how they thought they'd ever get their luggage. The scribbles were attrocious. It must have been a nightmare for the handlers.

Pam's idea is the really good and cost is minimal. Think how much packing tape you can buy for 3 or 4 bucks and just grab some extra twist ties when you buy your veggies at the local market. Prepare your tags prior to leaving home and then just attach them the am you leave your hotel. You can always use the stapler in the business room of your hotel if you want extra hold.

Just fold in in thirds as instructed, cover both sides with sellotape (sticky tape) and take with you. I use 1-1/2 inch wide packing tape. When you get to your hotel in New York, borrow a stapler from the concierge or front desk. You will be surprised, as I was, at how sturdy they are.

Take a deep breath and have a great cruise.

I had to do this for the first time on my Carnival cruise last year. This year NCL provided tags. For the Carnival Cruise I covered them with clear packing tape and I purchased one of those bright colored tiny staplers you can get in the school supply section of Wal Mart for about $2. I guess I'll just carry it along with me again. Oh well, I do like getting the nice printed luggage tags with my cruise documents.......Oh that's right. I don't get those in the mail anymore, either (sigh).

We print them, go to Kinkos and laminate them, punch a whole in each one and put on with a tie from Home Depot that has to be cut off. Really isn't a big deal and they stay great.

Of course it isn't a BIG deal, but considering that it was previously a matter of receiving them, filling them out, and then attaching them, and now I must make two separate trips (to get them laminated at Kinkos, to buy twist-ties at Home Depot), in order to do the same task, I think it's okay to be a bit unhappy that they changed it. :o

Hi There,

As we often have a couple of flights, bus trip, and a night in a hotel and another bus ride to the ship,

we went with laminate and cable tie,

pity that border folks took ties of me not allowed to bring them in

but I can buy them once in the country.

yours Shogun

Of course it isn't a BIG deal, but considering that it was previously a matter of receiving them, filling them out, and then attaching them, and now I must make two separate trips (to get them laminated at Kinkos, to buy twist-ties at Home Depot), in order to do the same task, I think it's okay to be a bit unhappy that they changed it. :o

As others have said, just relax and have a great cruise. As Pam indicated, there's no need to laminate at Kinkos, just use the packing tape and a tie from home or store and it works great. Used this method earlier in the year and it worked great. No extra cost involved and was very sturdy and easy for the handlers to read.

Just ask the hotle clerk for a stapler when you need one. Thats what we did in San Juan PR, no problem.

Archived