Wishes at Sea

Royal Caribbean ships sponsor a walk on their cruiselines that benefits sick kids. They sell t-shirts for $20ish as well for walkers and those who just want to contribute. My wife and I bought t-shirts and participated in walk along the deck above the pool deck (no idea what it's name it, but its floor 12,) as did a hundred or so others. It's a great cause and would have been great to see even more cruisers participate. Two hundred bought shirts and/or walked out of 3,500. It's not that much money and you've already spent a lot of much on the cruise and will be spending more on drinks and souvenirs. Drop a few bucks for sick kids.

(Bart jumps off of his soapbox.)

Royal Caribbean ships sponsor a walk on their cruiselines that benefits sick kids. They sell t-shirts for $20ish as well for walkers and those who just want to contribute. My wife and I bought t-shirts and participated in walk along the deck above the pool deck (no idea what it's name it' date=' but its floor 12,) as did a hundred or so others. It's a great cause and would have been great to see even more cruisers participate. Two hundred bought shirts and/or walked out of 3,500. It's not that much money and you've already spent a lot of much on the cruise and will be spending more on drinks and souvenirs. Drop a few bucks for sick kids.

(Bart jumps off of his soapbox.)[/quote']

We participate on every cruise that sponsors a walk-a-thon and buy extra tees as souvenirs. This past January, the woman walking in front of us was 94 years young and she finished! I think every line should adopt this.

If you see the Walk for Wishes flag flying, then you know there is a child on board benefiting from your and RCCL's generosity.

I think it's great you posted here bringing attention to this worth cause.

Fran

We also just participated on our Western Med cruise (shirts $10.00 per went on sail at the SkyBar at 10:30am) It was held at 11:00am on our last day which was a sea day...Sorry to say they only raised $350.00 on that particular sailing and there were more crew than cruisers walking..but every little bit helps and am glad that RCI participates in the "Wishes At Sea" program...

I have 3 t-shirts from my past 3 cruises. It's always been $10 per shirt, activity happens on the pool deck, and the walking is optional. Usually you see people do 1-2 laps around the jogging track (not sure where they do it on Oasis and Allure since the jogging track is on deck 5). We opt out of the walk, just buy a couple of shirts...you charge it right to your seapass.

Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember that it is posted in the Compass.

Royal Caribbean ships sponsor a walk on their cruiselines that benefits sick kids. They sell t-shirts for $20ish as well for walkers and those who just want to contribute. My wife and I bought t-shirts and participated in walk along the deck above the pool deck (no idea what it's name it' date=' but its floor 12,) as did a hundred or so others. It's a great cause and would have been great to see even more cruisers participate. Two hundred bought shirts and/or walked out of 3,500. It's not that much money and you've already spent a lot of much on the cruise and will be spending more on drinks and souvenirs. Drop a few bucks for sick kids.

We did that last year on the Freedom:D planning to wear my shirt on our upcoming cruise back on the Freedom in Jan.:D

On Serenade in Feb. we had over 470 people walk. On ship that size that was a fair percentage of the total. They were really hyping it up claiming that some other ship, Freedom Class so much larger, had set a record of 400 participants so we had to set a new record. I was thinking they probably say this on all the ships to drum up support. We didn't need any persuading though.

while I am sure this is a worthy cause, do not presume to insinuate that anyone who chooses NOT to support it is a selfish unfeeling individual who would rather spend $20 on a drink of the day.

I have my OWN worthy causes that have nothing to do with sick kids that I feel are just as important if not more so. I choose to spend my charity dollars there.

while I am sure this is a worthy cause, do not presume to insinuate that anyone who chooses NOT to support it is a selfish unfeeling individual who would rather spend $20 on a drink of the day.

I have my OWN worthy causes that have nothing to do with sick kids that I feel are just as important if not more so. I choose to spend my charity dollars there.

And just when I thought we finally had a thread without one negative comment:(

I don't think this post deserves a lecture:eek:,,It's fine to spend your charity dollars where you please,,last time I looked we still have a free Country:)..

$10 per shirt on the Serenade last week. Not many of us walked last Saturday, but then, many of the passengers were on the free phone or the free internet trying to make alternative arrangements to get home. The Port of San Juan was closed at the time because of Tropical Storm Maria and we weren't sure if we were going to be docking in San Juan on Sunday. Turned out they reopened the port, but life was sure "interesting" for a while.

Archived