Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

Just wondering if the showers have curtains or doors? Will be on the Radiance, Hawaii to Sydney, in 4 weeks time and can't wait. Great news about the Internet as we will be using it. Have only sailed on Liberty and Voyager so far so am a little concerned that there may not be enough to keep us occupied for 17 days, only 5 port days. Any tips/info would be appreciated.

Just wondering if the showers have curtains or doors? Will be on the Radiance, Hawaii to Sydney, in 4 weeks time and can't wait. Great news about the Internet as we will be using it. Have only sailed on Liberty and Voyager so far so am a little concerned that there may not be enough to keep us occupied for 17 days, only 5 port days. Any tips/info would be appreciated.

Radiance still has shower curtains. :(

I forgot to mention that the satellites were all replaced in Seward on Friday. Here is a picture of one on the ground. The captain has said the bandwidth has now been increased and beginning possibly as soon as today, the Internet speed should increase by as much as 10 times.

That's great news!

Another satellite was replaced in Vancouver. I still can't tell about the speed although my phone seems quick even on wifi.

RD had the USDH inspection last week and scored 99. 1 point was deducted for a broken tile. The dining services had a separate audit and had it had it's highest ever rating.

This week the RCI brand quality evaluation is being done by a man from the Miami office who goes around the ship constantly watching everything. It's a busy 2 weeks for the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

Yahhhh Radiance is on her way to Australia -well, will be in a few hours.

Can anyone tell me if JD and Beresford are still in the Concierge Lounge.:)

Thanks,

Raina

JD is until Dec 1 most likely, Beresford is not. No one seems to know when Beresford will be back.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

• 1 month later...
Great thread.

Are DL and CL open to everyone or do you have to be elite or platinum?

What time do the pools close?

Thanks in advance, I am sailing on Radiance for the first time Dec 1st and really looking forward to it.

The CL (Concierge Lounge) is open to Suite Guests and C&A Pinnacle Club and D+ Guests. The DL (Diamond Lounge) is open to Suite Guests (if they are PC/D+/D Members) as well as all PC, D+ and D Members.

Pool hours will be listed in your daily Cruise Compass. I think I remember that they closed around 10 or 11PM.

Here's hoping this is the first one and that RCL will upgrade ALL the ship's satellites. :D

Linda (and C. D.)

Liberty was getting theirs done while we did the TA and next cruise. It was ready for the Ball to be put on top. They constructed the tube? for it and a ladder on the tube.

Hi all,

Yahhhh Radiance is on her way to Australia -well, will be in a few hours.

Can anyone tell me if JD and Beresford are still in the Concierge Lounge.:)

Thanks,

Raina

I just heard while on the Liberty, that Beresford has moved. I think to be closer to his family, can't remember the ship mentioned but smaller than Radiance class. We will miss him in May on our ROS cruise. Looking forward to seeing JD! He has the photo of our Australian inaugural CL group on his wall we were told.:)

It is my understanding that the Radiance is scheduled to replace the Jewel out of Tampa after this season and she comes out of refit:)

Where did you hear this? Radiance is still sailing to and from Australia in the fall of 2013 and the spring of 2014. Radiance went through her refit back in May of 2011.

Jewel is not scheduled for a refit until sometime in 2014 ((originally scheduled for 2016).

Edited by cruisenfever

Where did you hear this? Radiance is still sailing to and from Australia in the fall of 2013 and the spring of 2014. Radiance went through her refit back in May of 2011.

Jewel is not scheduled for a refit until sometime in 2014 ((originally scheduled for 2016).

Was there any indication when in 2014 Jewel would get the refit? We are planning to take her in mid April 2014 on a southern Caribbean cruise.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 2

Was there any indication when in 2014 Jewel would get the refit? We are planning to take her in mid April 2014 on a southern Caribbean cruise.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 2

This thread might help Jewel of the Seas Refit

Disregard the order of responses. Seems that the day this was thread was started, CC was having a few issues.:D

It is my understanding that the Radiance is scheduled to replace the Jewel out of Tampa after this season and she comes out of refit:)

I also heard there was the possibility RD would be back in Tampa in late 2014. She isn't scheduled for any location at that time so anything could happen.

Hi Patti and Jim,

We are scheduled for the Aussie Top Cruise in October of 2013 . No one has said he cruise will not go. Thanks for all of the info on Radiance. We have not taken RCI before and everyone has such nice things to say about Radiance.

Edited by socreader

Hi Patti and Jim,

We are scheduled for the Aussie Top Cruise in October of 2013 . No one has said the cruise will not go. Thanks for all of the info on Radiance. We have not taken RCI before and everyone has such nice things to say about Radiance.

Hi Patti and Jim,

We are scheduled for the Aussie Top Cruise in October of 2013 . No one has said he cruise will not go. Thanks for all of the info on Radiance. We have not taken RCI before and everyone has such nice things to say about Radiance.

They aren't canceling the 2013/2014 season. It just may be scheduled elsewhere for the 2014/2015 winter season.