RCI's AI Beverage Package

MadCnty

Would you like to see AI offered on RCIs US sailings???  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see AI offered on RCIs US sailings???

• Yes I would use the AI option...
    • Might use it...
    • No AI for me...

That wouldn't be an option for me. I'd have to drink twice as much since my wife only has a drink or 2 now and then.

That's why I added the might use it might not...;) Personally I would like to see a "choice" package where you could choose what days you wanted to buy it, but I also see why they are doing it the way they are... Because IF you do a land AI you do not choose which days are AI and which are not... Also I think more folks would buy it on a shorter cruise as compared to 7+ night cruises, but this is just mho...

The current policy requires all in the cabin to purchase it that are of age. For that reason-I would not. If it was a mirror image of the Celebrity package-for sure.
And it does not include sodas etc, which on X it does if I am correct... But again I think they are basing this more on land AI... But even those include the non adult beverages...:rolleyes:

And it does not include sodas etc, which on X it does if I am correct... But again I think they are basing this more on land AI... But even those include the non adult beverages...:rolleyes:

I believe soda is included. Celebrity package has everything though-smoothies-specialty coffee......... Have no problem purchasing it for the entire sailing for me. :D Just don't want to have to purchase it for my husband-who does not drink at all and my 2 of age sons and now one girlfiend who drink a few beers a day and that's it.

I believe soda is included. Celebrity package has everything though-smoothies-specialty coffee......... Have no problem purchasing it for the entire sailing for me. :D Just don't want to have to purchase it for my husband-who does not drink at all and my 2 of age sons and now one girlfriend who drink a few beers a day and that's it.
Totally understandable...;)

It would be a sure bet for DH and I if it included specialty coffee, smoothies, juices, etc. as Celebrity's package does.
If RCI gets more feedback on what pax want, maybe just maybe, IF they do implement an AI package they may take into considerations suggestions such as this...:cool:

If it were similar to or exactly like the one Celebrity offers, then I would be very, very interested. My main concern for RCI would be if they kept the requirement that both (all) people in the same stateroom participated. That could be a killer, because potential travelling companions might not want it.

Yes, I would. And I would buy it for all of the guests coming on our Navigator cruise who are of drinking age. Being able to drink without worrying about how big a bill will be at the end of a cruise just because you want a drink with your meals is a HUGE bonus. I don't care if they don't drink enough to justify it. Being able to say "eat and drink all you want!" is worth every penny.

Sorry, but I am I favor of no AI packages. I think that there are already too many people who overindulge on the ships now. To provide an AI package would certainly mean more people on board who were intoxicated. If you have been to an AI resort, or saw some of the high rollers in Las Vegas/Reno, you would understand.

Sorry, but I am I favor of no AI packages. I think that there are already too many people who overindulge on the ships now. To provide an AI package would certainly mean more people on board who were intoxicated. If you have been to an AI resort, or saw some of the high rollers in Las Vegas/Reno, you would understand.
I HAVE been to an AI resort (RUI in Cabo) and Vegas... Actually I found this not to be the case, but maybe it was because I do not really do the so called "hot spots' and prefer to find a more subtle bar... What I am saying is the folks that over do it so to speak still will no matter if an AI is in place or not...

I HAVE been to an AI resort (RUI in Cabo) and Vegas... Actually I found this not to be the case, .

You are correct. it is not the case. I do many AI vacations also-jamiaca-Turks and Caicos-Dominican Republic-Cancun and believe it or not- I've seen more bad drinking behavior on a ship then I have at AI's. Maybe because the resort is larger-maybe because everything is included and you may have a mid-day smoothie or a late night latte or milkshake or whatever else you might have a hankerin' for!!;). I really don't know but this seems to be a CC myth that an AI is chock full of drunks!!:p

I am new to cruising (1st cruise on the Oasis in August, 2012) and I was actually surprised to find out that drinks were not included in the price of cruise :o . I would definitely be interested for both myself and DH!
Welcome to the boards!!!:cool:

You are correct. it is not the case. I do many AI vacations also-jamiaca-Turks and Caicos-Dominican Republic-Cancun and believe it or not- I've seen more bad drinking behavior on a ship then I have at AI's. Maybe because the resort is larger-maybe because everything is included and you may have a mid-day smoothie or a late night latte or milkshake or whatever else you might have a hankerin' for!!;). I really don't know but this seems to be a CC myth that an AI is chock full of drunks!!:p
Well said, I agree having spent time at AI resorts in Cuba and Dom Rep, I've seen more bad drunken behaviour on board Caribbean sailings on RCI than in these resorts. Actually more bad behaviour than on Med sailings too. IMHO the 'bucket of beer' deals should be scrapped and then there would be less obnoxious behaviour from adults in the Solarium areas after they have gotten blind drunk in ports at Senor Frogs establishments and are allowed back on board to disturb the rest of us sensible adults who know our limits.

I have been on AI resorts in the Maldives and did not see any drunken behavior. if you are going to drink to get drunk then you also don't care about how much it costs.

I would be in favor if it included everything on board but with price differences according to the wine purchased. It would be nice to have the option.

Archived