Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Beautiful gown! I think you will be disembarking as we get on for our 120 days WC.

Have a wonderful cruise.

M

Thanks Everyone! Yes, I think we will be leaving when you are embarking; I'm jealous but hope you have a great time!

Just got my gown in today from e-bay , had my DD take some pics although they aren't real clear (which explains the new camera I am hiding from myself for Christmas in that spot in back of the closet that I don't know about ;) )

Any way here it is. Granted it makes me look a bit heavier than I am because it needs to be taken in and up :D which makes me happy since it is a 6. Since the crusie is not umtil next August I won't have anything done to it until closer to the cruise ...hoping to lose some weight!

102_3306.jpg.4ffbae5a1bdf68ebfc99ccc94a7a70a4.jpg

102_3307.jpg.38a346f54c6201476d66561f15218887.jpg

Just got my gown in today from e-bay , had my DD take some pics although they aren't real clear (which explains the new camera I am hiding from myself for Christmas in that spot in back of the closet that I don't know about ;) )

Any way here it is. Granted it makes me look a bit heavier than I am because it needs to be taken in and up :D which makes me happy since it is a 6. Since the crusie is not umtil next August I won't have anything done to it until closer to the cruise ...hoping to lose some weight!

Very pretty! Was this from China? How long did it take to get?

Very pretty! Was this from China? How long did it take to get?

No actually just some one who was selling it. It was actually nicer than I thought because in the pics on line ...as with mine...there are some beads on it in lines here and there and some stones in the front where it comes together in the deep V which did not show in the pictures. It is a really pretty shade of purple and white. Only thing I laughed about when I showed hubby was that I have a large fairy on my back and her wing shows in the back . Oh well . Hubby usually just says thats nice or oh thats cute...this time with the deep V (which I usually don't do ) and the back cut out the way it is he looked up and said "WOW thats really nice. It's sexy I like it!" That made me feel great ! I've been called cute and a few times even pretty ( I am more like plain jane the wall flower :o ) but sexy is not a word I have heard used to describe me in a long time ...LOL.

Lovely dress, but wise not to do any adjusting just yet. Mind you, I doubt whether you will grow any taller between now and then.:D

Size 6 at age 17....long ago and far away........

If I were a small size, I'd shop every day so guess maybe a good thing since haven't won any lotteries or inherited a bundle............

Maybe next life. :D

Every time I'm in Paris I tell my husband to be really grateful that I'm not thin like those ladies of Paris or it would cost him a fortune.

Lovely dress, but wise not to do any adjusting just yet. Mind you, I doubt whether you will grow any taller between now and then.:D

Isn't that funny. I was 4' 11" when I graduated highschool soooo many years ago ;) but then I grew an inch and have been 5 foot my whole adult life . Now at 45 the last 2 times I went to the doctor They measured me and swore the first time I was 5' and 3/4" next time they said I was 5' 1" LOL I just had to laugh instead of shrinking my bones are growing:rolleyes:. I think they need to learn how to measure people :D.

As far as the size 6 I was always skinny until about 2 years ago when I put on a bunch of wieght I wore a perfect size 4 for years but now I am a size 6 so for me the 6 is kind of an ouch! My DD who is a size 24 is on a diet so I hav been dieting too becasue I can't right well say don't eat that to her while I am sitting there pigging out. She is down 6 pounds so far and I am down 2.

I need a little help from the experts. This will be our first formal night and originally we were going to skip it altogether but DD loves dressing up so I figured we might as well do it.

I'm trying to keep it simple- here are 3 choices I have found but want to make sure they are appropriate for formal night (really, I have no clue- I wear scrubs at work, jeans or athletic apparel at home) I hate sleeveless stuff so I wanted something with sleeves so I don't have to carry a shawl or anything.

Dress 1

My favorite

formaldress2.jpgformaldress2back.jpg

Dress 2

formaldress3.jpg (back is same style as dress above)

Dress 3

I would get it in black

formaldress1.jpgformaldress1back.jpg

A few shoe questions if you don't mind.

Would silver shoes work for the purple dress?

If I happen to pick a black dress would it look okay with silver shoes or would black be better. I was also thinking if I had a black dress I could match the shoes to DD's dress which is fushchia. I found some strappy dress sandals that are fuschia but not sure if that would be okay.

Any advice is appreciated. Last time I had to dress up was prom and that was 12 years ago:eek:

Gorgeous dresses and no they are not too short for formal night - especially if you are in your early 30's and have great legs. Heck, I am 51 and my formal night dresses were almost that short! Silver would go great with any of them, fuchsia would be cute with the black but might be too "matchy" with your daughter's fuchsia dress - some people do like to do that and that is fine, but I would probably not try to wear something that matches her dress.

No actually just some one who was selling it. It was actually nicer than I thought because in the pics on line ...as with mine...there are some beads on it in lines here and there and some stones in the front where it comes together in the deep V which did not show in the pictures. It is a really pretty shade of purple and white. Only thing I laughed about when I showed hubby was that I have a large fairy on my back and her wing shows in the back . Oh well . Hubby usually just says thats nice or oh thats cute...this time with the deep V (which I usually don't do ) and the back cut out the way it is he looked up and said "WOW thats really nice. It's sexy I like it!" That made me feel great ! I've been called cute and a few times even pretty ( I am more like plain jane the wall flower :o ) but sexy is not a word I have heard used to describe me in a long time ...LOL.

Very pretty dress....and with that reaction that makes it worth twice whatever you paid. very cool....

sigh...wish my Hubby would say something like that...but then i would faint dead out :rolleyes:

There you go...you should wear deep v neck more offten, and wear it with confidence. Believe me, your husband will be very happy :):D:eek:.

Love you gown.

Take care

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

My final purchase for our QM2 sailing in December:

[ATTACH]243932[/ATTACH]

Well the dress arrived but it is too big. Nordstroms is great about returns and exchances (free shipping) and they had the smaller size. Can't wait to see how it fits.

Good morning ladies,

Was up early and started "window shopping"!;) I had been thinking about looking for a couple of new short cocktail dresses for the cruise and the upcoming holidays. I've never bought from this site before, so not really sure what to expect....hopefully it will be OK....if not I didn't lose a lot!;):)

623658211_newbluecocktaildress.jpg.f77ad10aa3dbe38dcd89b665bda6f9f0.jpg

Good morning ladies' date='[/color']

Was up early and started "window shopping"!;) I had been thinking about looking for a couple of new short cocktail dresses for the cruise and the upcoming holidays. I've never bought from this site before, so not really sure what to expect....hopefully it will be OK....if not I didn't lose a lot!;):)

I love this dress! Do you mind sharing where you found it?

Good morning ladies' date='[/color']

Ohhhhh....love the blue!!! I didn't sleep last night either. I was watching old movies. Next time I'll shop!

Edited by jkudzu

Hello everyone,

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on Splendour round Eastern Med. We had 2 formal nights and these were what we wore.

The red dress cost me £30 from someone and the blue one was a bargain (reduced from £150 down to £30). The long pale blue dress was my daughters prom dress, the long coral one was our other daughters prom dress. The short white one was £40 including shoes and bag and the short blue one was £10 from ebay.

Hubby wore the same tux but we got him two dress shirts down from £50 each to £5

1764566460_DSCF3165-Copy.jpg.72096ab5c39bed02d1e4d49d6727a668.jpg

988498294_SAM_0811-Copy.jpg.34f04a0b7a19d2829d80b5b36e2e24fb.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on Splendour round Eastern Med. We had 2 formal nights and these were what we wore.

The red dress cost me £30 from someone and the blue one was a bargain (reduced from £150 down to £30). The long pale blue dress was my daughters prom dress, the long coral one was our other daughters prom dress. The short white one was £40 including shoes and bag and the short blue one was £10 from ebay.

Hubby wore the same tux but we got him two dress shirts down from £50 each to £5

Love ALL the dresses!

Thank you x

These were the formal photos we had done and Elyssa changed out of her prom dress because this was the 3rd time she had worn it so she changed into the dress she got for her 18th party.

Hi, your pictures are lovely!:D Beautiful family:)

I love this dress! Do you mind sharing where you found it?

Of course I don't mind sharing....here is the link....let me know if it doesn't work and I can try to post it again...http://stores.ebay.com/Ever-PrettyUSShop

I don't know anything about this seller or their clothes, just took a chance. So far I have had pretty good luck with buying on Ebay and if it isn't up to par, then I haven't lost much as far as dollars invested.