Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

You are such a stylish woman! I love your attitdue and style. I think once I lose the weight I want then I'll feel more comfortable in my clothes. Thanks for giving me a little more confidence to wear what I want when I want.

I just turned 56 in July. I know my body. I never think about my age when I shop for my cloths. I do not worry about what other people think. I dress for me, my husband always proud of me. That is all is important.

I do like body-con style dresses. I bought this Herve Leger four years ago. I wore it many times.

7146942931_944c50aee2.jpg

I just bought these two dresess. I will be wearing them to the Breeder's Cup next month with my black hat.

8040185574_4e3c67762f.jpg

8040186064_58ba7ef455.jpg

Happy Shopping

M

Awww...You are so sweet. Thank you.

I love those dancing Penguins.

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

You're very welcome Marie! I think many of us would love to see a picture of you at the Breeder's Cup with your black hat! :)

You have a great day too!

I just turned 56 in July. I know my body. I never think about my age when I shop for my cloths. I do not worry about what other people think. I dress for me, my husband always proud of me. That is all is important.

I do like body-con style dresses. I bought this Herve Leger four years ago. I wore it many times.

I just bought these two dresess. I will be wearing them to the Breeder's Cup next month with my black hat.

Happy Shopping

M

What a great outlook! I agree 100% - when I dress up, I want to feel comfortable and look good. If I can find a dress that I think meets both of those needs...I'm a happy camper. If I'm happy, the dress will look good (at least in my mind ;):rolleyes:)!

And by the way - the dresses will look great on you!

Happy Shopping

M

You go girl!!! You look marvelous :)

Here is a picture I found of the dress....but I purhased it in bright blue.

That dress is really lovely - elegant simplicity. I like that you have opted for blue. I am trying really hard to stay away from black, although I do wear quite a lot of it, because I think most of us get a real lift out of colours.

Cheers :)

Awww...You are so sweet. Thank you.

I love those dancing Penguins.

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

And we will all be hanging out to see the photos from the next cruise. Of course your husband loves the way you dress - you manage to look elegant, timeless and sexy all at the same time, a very rare feat indeed.

How awesome, I attended the Breeder's Cup last year in Louisville, and will be attending next year at Santa Anita. Couldn't make it this year due to other committments. I love dressing up for this event and also the Derby.

Judy those shoes are ever so pretty.

They have black ones in that style too and for circa $32 that is a good price.

Thanks all about the shoes. :D The color in my picture looks more brown/bronze but they are really more of a Gold (forgot to put that in my post). I didn't see the black ones, maybe I'll have to go back!! ;)

First, I need to say how happy I am to have found this section of Cruise Critic!

I have picked out dresses to wear on my 10 day cruise (my first cruise). There are two formal nights on my cruise, but I have more than two formal dresses.

Would it be okay to wear a formal dress on a night that is not formal? Will I stick out too much?

Thanks!

(I love having the "problem" of too many dresses!)

I wanted to add that I am going to the Panama Canal with Princess.

Edited by sjmbruce
adding cruise specifics

Happy Shopping

M

You look fantastic Maria no matter what you wear, you always look elegant. I am also looking forward to seeing your photos from your next cruise.

Have a good day/afternoon/evening.

Doreen

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/browse/product.jsp?containerId=JCP%7cEMAIL&ppId=pp5001010451

After spending way too much time on this thread, I was browsing JC Penney last weekend and ordered this dress for my cruise(s). It came today and I LOVE it--it it incredibly comfy, just the right length (I'm 5'3" so often long dresses are too long) and I happen to really like the way I look in it.

My question is, is this formal or informal? i.e. would you wear it to formal night? It's a stretchy fabric. Seems to me it's kind of right on the border of being formal. It may just depend on what kind of shoes/jewelry I wear with it.

What do you all think? Besides that I need to stop buying so many new clothes? :D

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/browse/product.jsp?containerId=JCP%7cEMAIL&ppId=pp5001010451

After spending way too much time on this thread, I was browsing JC Penney last weekend and ordered this dress for my cruise(s). It came today and I LOVE it--it it incredibly comfy, just the right length (I'm 5'3" so often long dresses are too long) and I happen to really like the way I look in it.

My question is, is this formal or informal? i.e. would you wear it to formal night? It's a stretchy fabric. Seems to me it's kind of right on the border of being formal. It may just depend on what kind of shoes/jewelry I wear with it.

What do you all think? Besides that I need to stop buying so many new clothes? :D

I think you could make that dress fit beautifully for a formal night. If your hair is long enough, put it up (or have the hairdresser put it up for you), wear gold drop earrings, perhaps a lovely gold cuff, and some high strappy shoes in either gold or black. Alternatively, add a nice gold or pewter coloured chiffon wrap to drape loosely. I think it could be fantastic - the back view is very elegant.

I bought this dress for our last cruise and love the way it fits and feels - price was wonderful also. I wore it at the Chef's table, so everyone was just a little bit more dressed up than informal. It could be a formal dress - but I would probably wear it again on an informal evening.

Enjoy your cruise (and your dress). Jan

First, I need to say how happy I am to have found this section of Cruise Critic!

I have picked out dresses to wear on my 10 day cruise (my first cruise). There are two formal nights on my cruise, but I have more than two formal dresses.

Would it be okay to wear a formal dress on a night that is not formal? Will I stick out too much?

Thanks!

It really depends on how formal you are talking about. I'd feel a little out of place wearing a full length beaded/sequin gown on a non formal night but an elegant black dress or something soft and flowy could be pulled off any night. I typically wear very nice dresses on casual nights (many that were more expensive than my formal attire) that I suppose some could put into the "formal" category but nothing obviously formal but more understated elegance.

If you are comfortable standing out then go for it! It's your vacation, enjoy it the way you want. Just don't expect to see others dressed up as much as you.

You could always wear one in a specialty restaurant and let people assume you are celebrating a special day.

Wasn't sure where to post this pic of shoes I just purchased at Dillard's, 65% off, total $32. Didn't really need them but LOVED THEM! :D And they are so comfortable. :)

20121002_152003.jpg

Love the shoes. Wished I could wear heel like that, but with my weight, I can't :(

Thanks!

Welcome to "our" group.....IMO, you could wear all of your dresses. IF they are formal, formal (glitter, sequins, long "ballroom" dresses) then you can wear them, but yes you will "stick out".....Why don't you take 3 with you, then decide which 2 you want to wear. Then the next cruise you will already have a couple more formals.....I hate taking and wearing the same formals since I have photos taken every cruise and I don't want the same dress in every picture.

Edited by arhillbilly

IMO, this dress would be fine for a smart casual night. I consider "formal wear" to be the long sequins, glitter, "ballroom type" dresses. I have one very similar to it and would never consider wearing it on a "formal night"

I am with you on needing to stop buying new clothes. If I would stop, I would have more money to cruise with :D

Thanks for the feedback! Since I'm going on a transatlantic, 15 days and no guest laundry and one suitcase all I can reasonably bring with me...I think I will wear it for one of the formal nights! It should travel well with minimal wrinkles, and take up very little space unlike those beaded and sequined gowns you favor arhillbilly! :)

I can wear it with a different pair of shoes and maybe a black pashmina for a smart casual dinner as well or possibly even my day in the Canary Islands!

That settles my formal night plans and I also will have a couple of dresses for non-formal dinners along with my usual black pants/various tops. Now I just have to think hard about shoe options so I can keep them from putting me over the 50-lb. luggage limit!

One really great thing about the cruise is that I will be driving home from Miami where it disembarks, so I can buy lots of stuff for souvenirs and not have to worry about the weight of my luggage!

Why isn't it at least mid-November already?? :)

I'm so excited to find this thread!!

I got this dress in January of this year for a wedding but since then have lost 20 pounds and I'll need to have it taken in around the waist. I still need to find a second elegant evening dress though...:o

download.jpg.e5b31d4a7be362578748cf6259a09d3f.jpg

I like your dress and understand about weight loss. I have 25 more pounds to lose and not sure what size to buy. It is driving me crazy not being able to catch so many bargains. I did buy two dresses thinking they might be snug, but got them and they fit perfectly. I hope I can wear a nice cami under them if they look too big.

I got this dress in January of this year for a wedding but since then have lost 20 pounds and I'll need to have it taken in around the waist. I still need to find a second elegant evening dress though...:o

That's a lovely dress but you must be TINY now if you need to have that one taken in! It looks very small!

I've lost about 60 lbs. in the past year and when I take my laundry out of the dryer now, I always have this moment of panic as I'm folding it thinking that the dryer has shrunk my clothes! My brain still doesn't quite realize that I actually fit into size 6 now! It's a happy problem to have though!

Thanks for the feedback! Since I'm going on a transatlantic, 15 days and no guest laundry and one suitcase all I can reasonably bring with me...I think I will wear it for one of the formal nights! It should travel well with minimal wrinkles, and take up very little space unlike those beaded and sequined gowns you favor arhillbilly! :)

I can wear it with a different pair of shoes and maybe a black pashmina for a smart casual dinner as well or possibly even my day in the Canary Islands!

That settles my formal night plans and I also will have a couple of dresses for non-formal dinners along with my usual black pants/various tops. Now I just have to think hard about shoe options so I can keep them from putting me over the 50-lb. luggage limit!

One really great thing about the cruise is that I will be driving home from Miami where it disembarks, so I can buy lots of stuff for souvenirs and not have to worry about the weight of my luggage!

Why isn't it at least mid-November already?? :)

I only have 1 beaded gown and my best friend told me that it's an "old ladies'" dress and for me not to wear it. My other ones has glitter and sequins....:p......I too, am having to learn not to take everything but the kitchen sink....VERY HARD for me to learn.....but since I have started more cruises where I have to fly to, it's better....but it ain't easy :eek:.......I am sure it will be fine and others will be in similar clothing....Just have a good time and don't worry about it