Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I agree ladies. We need to just learn to accept what our clothes say about our weight. I went shopping yesterday and tried on a 6P and I was totally surprised to find that not only could I get it on but I could get it zipped. Of course it will look a lot better once I lose 5-10 more pounds. I was so excited I tried on another 6 with the same result. I bought them both. I will use them as motivation to keep going. I'll try them on again after I lose another 5# and see how they look. I mean 160# and a size 6 does not equate to being 120# per WW table. I'll just use my common sense when it comes to losing weight.

I am 5'2" and am at 165 too. I'm in a size 10 and I'm finding it really hard to lose the last 25 (the high end for weight watchers). I think I have the same bone structure as you...I don't think i could ever get that small. I've also lost 65 and to me, I don't look any different in the mirror. I see it in pictures but it's hard to believe. I think adjusting to the new you takes awhile.

It's really interesting how we come in all shapes and sizes. I am 5'2" and when my weight got up to 140 lbs I couldn't fit into anything size 10 on the bottom. Many size 12 pants were too tight. I got back down to 130 and now I wear size 10-12.

I only have 1 beaded gown and my best friend told me that it's an "old ladies'" dress and for me not to wear it. My other ones has glitter and sequins....:p......I too, am having to learn not to take everything but the kitchen sink....VERY HARD for me to learn.....but since I have started more cruises where I have to fly to, it's better....but it ain't easy :eek:.......I am sure it will be fine and others will be in similar clothing....Just have a good time and don't worry about it

I'm taking a beaded gown on my cruise in a couple weeks. It's costing $50 just to have it hemmed. I guess I'll just look like an old lady, because I have too much money in it to leave it at home. lol

It's nice to see a fellow kitchen sink packer. :D I take everything in the house, plus shop like crazy to add to that. :rolleyes:

Edited by tarheelmjfan

Can someone tell me how to post with multiquotes. I can't seem to do it. :confused:

Cruise Critic will allow you to multi-quote two posts at a time. They really need to raise the limit, but I digress. To multi-quote, click on the middle button on the lower right hand side of the first post you want to quote. It's the button with a plus sign on a form & quotations. On the other post you want to quote, click on "quote" at the bottom right hand side. Both posts should be there. Alternatively, you can copy & paste the post you want to quote. Begin by typing

for example
without the spaces. Paste the post you're quoting, then type [/quote ] without the space. I hope that makes sense. Let me know, if it doesn't.

I'm taking a beaded gown on my cruise in a couple weeks. It's costing $50 just to have it hemmed. I guess I'll just look like an old lady, because I have too much money in it to leave it at home. lol

It's nice to see a fellow kitchen sink packer. :D I take everything in the house, plus shop like crazy to add to that. :rolleyes:

I bought this gown at Goodwill for $17.99....It's a Royal Blue and is really pretty. My girlfriend said the DRESS looks like it's for an older lady, not because it's beaded, just because of the style and the way it is made....oh well, I might just wear it anyway....

You need to reread the posts below it and you will see where that comes into it by another poster whose friends daughter has a similar dress and who was in the picture.:D

I think the dress is lovely on the girl in the picture too.

Sorry, of course you're right - I should have checked the poster's ID for that photo. Yes, that young girl does look lovely in the dress. I do think the OP's dress looks really pretty, and she should go for it.

I think there is such an amazing range of styles which pop up on this thread, and of course a huge range of age groups and body shapes represented. There also seems to be a huge difference in what is "acceptable" on different shipping lines. There have certainly been dresses which are gorgeous Hollywood glamour a la Grace Kelly, and dresses which I can imagine Lindsay Lohan tripping drunkenly into a gutter wearing. Goodness, there have even been awful comments about whether or not particular styles or colours are "age appropriate". I really believe, if you love the dress you have bought, if you feel good in it, if your man smiles at you when he sees you in it, who cares about the old fogie or young plastic puss at the next table.

Oh dear, if this is the case, then I do beg your pardon. :o I thought it was sjmbruce and she had figured out a way to post a picture of herself in her dress.

The dress in the picture is cute if it is for a prom, specifically. IMO (and it is mine!) I don't think anyone over prom age should wear this type of dress. *shrug* That's all I was saying. :)

Hi Karen,

Celtic Girl was correct - the photo was posted by another poster, not the original - and so I have to apologise for my error. :o

Thanks, I got it!

Cruise Critic will allow you to multi-quote two posts at a time. They really need to raise the limit, but I digress. To multi-quote, click on the middle button on the lower right hand side of the first post you want to quote. It's the button with a plus sign on a form & quotations. On the other post you want to quote, click on "quote" at the bottom right hand side. Both posts should be there. Alternatively, you can copy & paste the post you want to quote. Begin by typing
for example
without the spaces. Paste the post you're quoting, then type [/quote ] without the space. I hope that makes sense. Let me know, if it doesn't.

Thanks!

Agree with you, but then I guess some might really get carried away quoting 10 people or more! They just lowered this - it was 3 multi-quotes at a time until recently. Boo. :p

Sorry, of course you're right - I should have checked the poster's ID for that photo. Yes, that young girl does look lovely in the dress. I do think the OP's dress looks really pretty, and she should go for it.

I think there is such an amazing range of styles which pop up on this thread, and of course a huge range of age groups and body shapes represented. There also seems to be a huge difference in what is "acceptable" on different shipping lines. There have certainly been dresses which are gorgeous Hollywood glamour a la Grace Kelly, and dresses which I can imagine Lindsay Lohan tripping drunkenly into a gutter wearing. Goodness, there have even been awful comments about whether or not particular styles or colours are "age appropriate". I really believe, if you love the dress you have bought, if you feel good in it, if your man smiles at you when he sees you in it, who cares about the old fogie or young plastic puss at the next table.

Well Said!!!!!!!!:D

What do you think of this dress? Is it too homecoming-ish? I love it but don't want to look like I'm going to a high schol dance!

Thanks!

( I hope the attachment works. It's my first time adding a picture. I tried to just copy the picture and paste it here but it didn't work)

No I don't think it is too homecoming-ish:). I think the one the other person put a picture up of is, but not the one in your picture . The one you have shown is not as ruffly at the bottom and the material is completely different. Also the one you picked has less of the lace in the middle. I would wear it and I am 45. I also am short 5'. Now if you are tall it might look too young on you since it would be way shorter on you ;).

I just turned 56 in July. I know my body. I never think about my age when I shop for my cloths. I do not worry about what other people think. I dress for me, my husband always proud of me. That is all is important.

I do like body-con style dresses. I bought this Herve Leger four years ago. I wore it many times.

I just bought these two dresess. I will be wearing them to the Breeder's Cup next month with my black hat.

Happy Shopping

M

You have a classic figure and when the attitude matches, you can look great in anything. Goes for anyone really.:)

Here's to beaded and sequin gowns. Don't be afraid to wear them. This picture was taken last year on our 30th wedding anniversary. Sorry about the blurred face, I am not comfortable showing everthing on the internet.

Untitled.jpg

Love how you match without clashing!

Finally had time to snag a picture (no matter how bad it is) of the dress I ordered. You can wear it so many ways and I think my biggest problem will be deciding how I want to wear it!

IMG_7236.jpg

Now, just gotta decide how to accessorize. I have some bronze strappy/beaded kitten heels, but I don't have a nice necklace or bracelet (depending on how I wear it) to go with.

I have some strappy, goddess like sandals in a almost pewter silver and (if you can see it) that rhinestone drop necklace..........

The kitten heels would only be worn with that dress, where the wedges could be worn with a lot.

The silver look like this design, but shiney and all sliver.

pr_135770.jpg

Finally had time to snag a picture (no matter how bad it is) of the dress I ordered. You can wear it so many ways and I think my biggest problem will be deciding how I want to wear it!

IMG_7236.jpg

Now, just gotta decide how to accessorize. I have some bronze strappy/beaded kitten heels, but I don't have a nice necklace or bracelet (depending on how I wear it) to go with.

I have some strappy, goddess like sandals in a almost pewter silver and (if you can see it) that rhinestone drop necklace..........

The kitten heels would only be worn with that dress, where the wedges could be worn with a lot.

pr_135770.jpg

LOVE the dress. May I asked where you got it? Thanks

LOVE the dress. May I asked where you got it? Thanks

Sure! Swak Designs. Its the Anastasia Wrap dress. It will appear strapless on their site and they have it in several colors and a few short versions. If you youtube infinity wrap dress there are a few good videos on how to wear it too.

IMG_7236.jpg

The silver look like this design, but shiney and all sliver

Oh my! I love it! You look beautiful in green. Like Jkudzu said, silver shoes would be perfect.

M

IMG_7236.jpg

pr_135770.jpg

Did I just see a "Green Dress"?:) Oh, I love that color! It has to be my all time favorite color! I have three that color....:D It will be lovely for your cruise....and the silver will be great with it... I can guarantee that you will get lots of compliments and have a wonderful time wearing that dress!;):)

IMG_7236.jpg

pr_135770.jpg

You look beautiful, that is a lovely green and silver shoes/sandals will be great with the dress. Enjoy your cruise.