Hallway Question

Does anyone know how wide the hallways are on the Allure? of could post a picture. I am terribly claustrophic and want to know if i will be okay in a room not near the elevator or i should make sure my room is right outside the elevator. Any info would be appreciated!!

Does anyone know how wide the hallways are on the Allure? of could post a picture. I am terribly claustrophic and want to know if i will be okay in a room not near the elevator or i should make sure my room is right outside the elevator. Any info would be appreciated!!

All of the halls I have seen are 3 feet wide, and 7 foot ceilings.

They aren't very wide....I'd try for an elevator location, but on most ships, the elevators are in their own foyer....so you leave the elevator and foyer and walk into the hallway.

If you can go down your hallways at home, you'll be ok!

We just got off Allure on Sunday and it seemed to us the halls on the higher decks were wider. We were on Deck 11, but used deck 6 & 7 sometimes to go from the aft to the theater (forward) and the halls did look more narrow.

The halls can be quite long so perhaps you should opt for a cabin closer to an elevator. That way it won't appear as long and narrow to you.

We thought the hallways on Oasis seemed a bit wider - this is probably because the doors open OUT into the hallway. However, the doorways are recessed a little, giving the illusion of a wider hallway (IMO, anyway).

In all honesty, I do not know. :o

I understand your claustrophobia issues, and am presently working on mine. It's tough... hang in there! :);)

The feeling may come for the actual LENGTH of the hallway as much as the width. Looking waaaaaaaaay down the never ending hallway is a bit daunting, even to someone who's not claustrophobic. We LOVE having a room right off the hallway. On most of the ships, we can get a room right off the library and for whatever reason, it gives us a better feeling when we come out of the room. Go figure.

Do remember that if you do take rooms along the area by the elevators you could get into an area that is corded off when disembarking at certain stops. Not a huge inconvienence but it does cause some problems. We had that happen one day when we were docked.

This gave me a good laugh. LOL. Worried about the size of the hallway, but fine with elevators.

I would be a lot more worried about the size of the rooms rather than the hallway width. I don't have any problems,but the rooms are much smaller on Allure/Oasis and I feel claustrophobic. If you are really concerned. I would opt for a Freedom/Explorer ship, the rooms are a little larger.

This gave me a good laugh. LOL. Worried about the size of the hallway, but fine with elevators.

Rather harsh to be laughing at the OP. Unless you have experienced claustrophobia of course. And as an experienced cruiser you would obviously know that the elevators are glass sided; the corridors aren't.

I have a mild case of claustrophobia, that I manage to get by with concentrating on the cool air on my face and breathing. I normally feel overwhelmed in spaces where the air temperature isn't regulated. That being said I was very comfortable int he hallways and in my boardwalk balcony.

I hope this information helps the OP and shame on anyone who would laugh at rather than empathize with a fellow cruiser.......:(

I can completely understand. I'm pretty claustrophobic but have never given any thought to hallways. I could see where that could bother someone. I have issues with things like the 3rd row in a minivan and enclosed elevators. Long airplane flights get to me after a while. Even with the air nozzle aimed directly on me, I feel like the air is running out. RCL's ships are all so nice and airy I have never had a problem.

Archived