Newbie- is 9pm the ONLY time for dinner?

Just booke my first RC cruise for May 2012- 12 day Holy Land... when the page came up for selecting dining time...

the ONLY thing that came up was 9pm and that was default.

There were NO other options.

I checked other cruise sites and did mock bookings and theirs did the same thing.

Do they not offer other times for this particular cruise?

Do they have a buffet somewhere at 5-6pm to eat since you can't eat in the dining room?

Just booke my first RC cruise for May 2012- 12 day Holy Land... when the page came up for selecting dining time...

the ONLY thing that came up was 9pm and that was default.

There were NO other options.

I checked other cruise sites and did mock bookings and theirs did the same thing.

Do they not offer other times for this particular cruise?

Do they have a buffet somewhere at 5-6pm to eat since you can't eat in the dining room?

There are other times. There is usually a main seating and a late seating, sometimes more than that on European itineraries. Royal Caribbean also has "My Time Dining" so you can dine when you wish during dinner hours.

In your case, I wouldn't trust the website...I would CALL them and ask. If your preferred dining time or MTD is not available, ask to be waitlisted for the seating you choose. :)

Definitely call RCI! But, it is possible that the other dining times have been filled. If that is the case, and you can't get My Time Dining either, then by all means get on a waitlist for your preferred dining time. Usually, after final payment date, the waitlisted folks get assigned to their preference as some people drop off the booked cruise when final payment time rolls around. Also, each night many of the dining room selections can be ordered thru room service to eat in your cabin. There is the Windjammer buffet open every evening for dinner, usually from 6:30PM-9 or 9:30 PM. No need to pay for the specialty restaurants. My Time Dining is seated in a section of the main dining room. However, you can arrive at any time you wish during open hours. You are aware that there is no assigned seating in the dining room for breakfast and lunch (on sea days), aren't you?

Usually 630 pm and 9pm unless you pre pay your tips and choose My Time Dinning.

Your TA should be able to arrange first sitting if you want it though, as has been said ring RCCL , lets face it it is a long way off so there should be first seating allowed.

Alternatively wait till you get on board and ask to be changed.

With this tour i would strongly advise MTD as trips etc can make first seating hard to achieve...

You will enjoy the cruise

j

Usually 630 pm and 9pm unless you pre pay your tips and choose My Time Dinning.

Your TA should be able to arrange first sitting if you want it though, as has been said ring RCCL , lets face it it is a long way off so there should be first seating allowed.

Alternatively wait till you get on board and ask to be changed.

With this tour i would strongly advise MTD as trips etc can make first seating hard to achieve...

You will enjoy the cruise

j

Wow, really? Are those the early and late dining times for traditional dining? I thought the 8-8:15pm time on Princess was a bit late. I definitely wouldn't like a late seating of 9pm

If all else fails, you can visit the maitre-d as soon as you board the ship and ask to have your dining assignment changed. He will usually accommodate you, if not the first night, then by the second night once he's had a chance to sort out all the change requests and make the swaps.

Archived