Royal Caribbean

Hi,

I have been trying for most of the day to contact RCCI by phone.I am sure it doesn,t exist.Has anyone ever actually got to speak to a consultant.

Maybe my good friends on this boards can help me.

We have paid for our cruise on Radiance in February and compleled our cruise personaliser in which we supplied our credit card details as per normal.However when we go to book shore excursions it asks for our c/card details again.I was under the impression if you book your shore excursions on-line there are debited to your onboard account.Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if you give them your c/card details they pay the tour operators immediately and debit your credit card. If you book onboard it goes to your onboard account and they have our details....why do they need them again.Also the tours are quoted in AUD and I guess they convert them to USD .Can anyone shed light on this for me.

I kown I am getting old and its not the money...the older I get the more suspicious I get.

Thanks for any help

Col & Di:)

Hi,

I have been trying for most of the day to contact RCCI by phone.I am sure it doesn,t exist.Has anyone ever actually got to speak to a consultant.

Maybe my good friends on this boards can help me.

We have paid for our cruise on Radiance in February and compleled our cruise personaliser in which we supplied our credit card details as per normal.However when we go to book shore excursions it asks for our c/card details again.I was under the impression if you book your shore excursions on-line there are debited to your onboard account.Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if you give them your c/card details they pay the tour operators immediately and debit your credit card. If you book onboard it goes to your onboard account and they have our details....why do they need them again.Also the tours are quoted in AUD and I guess they convert them to USD .Can anyone shed light on this for me.

I kown I am getting old and its not the money...the older I get the more suspicious I get.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

Not sure if this information will assist you, but when we have booked extras for our Rhapsody cruises in the past, it has immediately gone onto our credit card. This was not for tours but for wine packages etc., so I am guessing it is the same. Yes, they will convert to US dollars.

Finally, I find it PAINFUL trying to ring them. I have lately done it first thing in the morning! Since our next cruise is with Princess, it has been a pleasure dealing with them. Even once you get a RCCL consultant on the phone, it is hit and miss whether they are helpful or not!

Cheryle

Hi,

Not sure if this information will assist you, but when we have booked extras for our Rhapsody cruises in the past, it has immediately gone onto our credit card. This was not for tours but for wine packages etc., so I am guessing it is the same. Yes, they will convert to US dollars.

Finally, I find it PAINFUL trying to ring them. I have lately done it first thing in the morning! Since our next cruise is with Princess, it has been a pleasure dealing with them. Even once you get a RCCL consultant on the phone, it is hit and miss whether they are helpful or not!

Cheryle

Hi Cheryle,

Thanks for the info...While I love the RCI ships I find dealing direct with them painful.....not good PR.

We are sailing with Princess in December and their customer relations and website information and booking is 1st class.Maybe other lines could take a leaf out of their books.

Col:)

Hi Cheryle,

Thanks for the info...While I love the RCI ships I find dealing direct with them painful.....not good PR.

We are sailing with Princess in December and their customer relations and website information and booking is 1st class.Maybe other lines could take a leaf out of their books.

Col:)

Having mainly sailed with Royal Caribbean, I thought all lines would be like them (painful at times) but dealing with Princess on a variety of issues since booking our cruise, it has been a pleasure.

The other thing I have found with Royal Caribbean is that if you dial their local 43 number, they SOMETIMES can be a little quicker in answering!

Emailing is not the anser either, as I emailed and never got a reponse!

Cheryle

Yes, I was impressed when the customer relations Princess have, especially how they send out e-mail in advance of your cruise. It’s much better than many other lines communications.

Regarding the reservations, it’s standard for Royal Caribbean to charge your credit immediately at time of booking (this is globally, not just in AU). This also applies to other bookings in advance such as specialty restaurants.

I have not dealt with RCCL, but must jump in and agree that dealing with Princess has always been pleasurable.....

that is ....once you get the right part of the Carnival Corporation that you want....

press 1 for

press 2 for

press 3 etc etc.:D:D

Hi Col & Di,

We are cruising on Rhapsody shortly and after previously cruising with Princess, a few questions arose. I telephoned rci autralia on 1800 754 500 and have spoken to a couple of very helpful consultants.

Re online bookings for shore excursions etc - yes they are paid for at time of booking and from memory, in the aus dollar that was quoted.

Mark

Re online bookings for shore excursions etc - yes they are paid for at time of booking and from memory, in the aus dollar that was quoted.

Mark

Yes, and you do have to enter your credit card details.

This is probably so that people have an option on which credit card to use at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We are travelling on Radiance in December and I had the same experience.

Did the cruise personaliser and booked shore tours and had to pay straight away and also the same applies if you book specialty dining. It was strange as with P&O and Princess, you can reserve in advance but pay for them on your ship board account.

I had to rethink how much I should book in advance because I wasn't prepared to have to pay now.:confused:

Hi

We are travelling on Radiance in December and I had the same experience.

Did the cruise personaliser and booked shore tours and had to pay straight away and also the same applies if you book specialty dining. It was strange as with P&O and Princess, you can reserve in advance but pay for them on your ship board account.

I had to rethink how much I should book in advance because I wasn't prepared to have to pay now.:confused:

Does this apply to the wine packages as well?. Robin:)

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if you give them your c/card details they pay the tour operators immediately and debit your credit card.

It is agreed that they take the money from your credit card, when you book, but I doubt they pay the tour operators immediately.

Archived