Live From The Ruby Princess Med-T/A 10-19-11

Woobstr112G

If you've never been to Burano (not Murano), I highly recommend it! Beautiful village about 20 minutes by Vaporetto from Venice. It is a perfect place to go for lunch.:D Take the LN from Fondementa Nuova, it's a nice ride too! Murano is about halfway.

Another roll call member checking in after a lovely day here. We flew out from IAD on Saturday and spent Sunday and Sunday night in London. We stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow and we had a lovely stay. The hotel is attached to Terminal 5 and has an Underground station below it. We checked in, cleaned up, took a little nap and then took the train into London where we wandered around for a few hours.

This morning we woke up refreshed and caught our BA flight to Venice. We're at the sister hotel to the Locanda Orseolo, the Al Ponte Antico. Our room is on the Grand Canal just a short distance from the Rialto Bridge. There's a terrace on the 1st floor (our 2nd floor at home) where breakfast is served and you can have a drink anytime of day and watch the Venetian water world go by. We spent the afternoon wandering around and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. We've dined there every time we've come to Venice and have never been disappointed. Tomorrow we have no plan except to "go with the flow." Our hotel is also pretty well filled with Red Hot Rubies. We met some old friends today and can't wait to meet the rest on board.

Good evening from the beautiful city of Venice. just getting ready to turn in. After we got some rest earlier today we went out walking to decide where to have dinner. We were walking down this side street off St. Marks Square when we stumbled upon the place we had some great pizza three years ago when we cruised on the Emerald. We decided to try it again and once again had some great pizza. After dinner we walked into this Murano glass store across the street. We made a purchase and are having it shipped home. After that we had some gelato as we walked around St. Marks Square. All in all not a bad night. Not sure what's on tap for tomorrow. Might just play it by ear.....:):):)

Good night from Venice.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, this souns like a delightful evening. Enjoy your day in Venice tomorrow.

Good evening from the beautiful city of Venice. just getting ready to turn in. After we got some rest earlier today we went out walking to decide where to have dinner. We were walking down this side street off St. Marks Square when we stumbled upon the place we had some great pizza three years ago when we cruised on the Emerald. We decided to try it again and once again had some great pizza. After dinner we walked into this Murano glass store across the street. We made a purchase and are having it shipped home. After that we had some gelato as we walked around St. Marks Square. All in all not a bad night. Not sure what's on tap for tomorrow. Might just play it by ear.....:):):)

Good night from Venice.....:):):)

Bob

Another roll call member checking in after a lovely day here. We flew out from IAD on Saturday and spent Sunday and Sunday night in London. We stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow and we had a lovely stay. The hotel is attached to Terminal 5 and has an Underground station below it. We checked in, cleaned up, took a little nap and then took the train into London where we wandered around for a few hours.

This morning we woke up refreshed and caught our BA flight to Venice. We're at the sister hotel to the Locanda Orseolo, the Al Ponte Antico. Our room is on the Grand Canal just a short distance from the Rialto Bridge. There's a terrace on the 1st floor (our 2nd floor at home) where breakfast is served and you can have a drink anytime of day and watch the Venetian water world go by. We spent the afternoon wandering around and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. We've dined there every time we've come to Venice and have never been disappointed. Tomorrow we have no plan except to "go with the flow." Our hotel is also pretty well filled with Red Hot Rubies. We met some old friends today and can't wait to meet the rest on board.

Bob and Ann,

So happy to hear that you all made it to Venice. I so remember a few years ago that we were there with you in order to take the cruise on the Emerald.

Have a fantastic voyage and I look so forward to hearing all about the cruise you are on. And I am very jealous that I am not there with you again. Maybe the next time.

Bon Voyage

Hello everyone from Venice Italy. DW & I just got back from dinner at a restaraunt "La Rosa Rossa" that was recommended by our hotel staff. Great atmosphere, food, and service. We had a great dinner and it didn't break the bank. Right now we're getting the suitcases ready with luggage tags that I will carry downstairs shortly. We are on the third floor of an establishment with no elevators:D. A fellow roll call member has arranged water taxis for everyone tomorrow.

As stated earlier I will try and post every day on the Ruby and the cruise providing the internet cooperates. I will do my best to answer all questions asked.

It doesn't seem real, but a cruise I've been anticipating for the last 19 months starts tomorrow.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Sue. I hope you have a fantastic cruise on the Sapphire.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you Bob. Take lots of pictures so I can see them when we return. Venice is one place we never did get to, and I would love to see them all. Enjoy your cruise, and have a wonderful time pre-cruise in Venice. ;)

Thank you Bob. Take lots of pictures so I can see them when we return. Venice is one place we never did get to, and I would love to see them all. Enjoy your cruise, and have a wonderful time pre-cruise in Venice. ;)

Sue;

I've got a ton of pictures that I've taken of Venice. When I get back home I'll upload them to my flickr site. The link is in my signature.....:):):)

Bob

Would love to know where to buy provisions. Thank you. Everyone enjoy your cruise!

If you google Coop Piazzale Roma, Venice, It., it will come up with the map. It is across from the train station on the people mover side. I can't really tell you how to get there, but if you look at the map, you can see it. If you ask anyone at Piazzale Roma, they can tell you where it is located.

If you google Coop Piazzale Roma, Venice, It., it will come up with the map. It is across from the train station on the people mover side. I can't really tell you how to get there, but if you look at the map, you can see it. If you ask anyone at Piazzale Roma, they can tell you where it is located.

Here is a map of Piazzale Roma. http://maps.venicexplorer.net/pr/proma.php?hlangs=en&brows=ie

At the top of the map you will see three docks marked P. Roma, the COOP is right near the center dock. It is quite large and has 3 separate sections, go into the first one you get to and the check out line is in the third section. We learned that you must wear plastic gloves to handle the produce, weigh it in the produce section and tag it with the label that spits out of the scales. :o Best to bring your own bag for check out.

Here is a map of Piazzale Roma. http://maps.venicexplorer.net/pr/proma.php?hlangs=en&brows=ie

At the top of the map you will see three docks marked P. Roma, the COOP is right near the center dock. It is quite large and has 3 separate sections, go into the first one you get to and the check out line is in the third section. We learned that you must wear plastic gloves to handle the produce, weigh it in the produce section and tag it with the label that spits out of the scales. :o Best to bring your own bag for check out.

I tried the best I could. Thank you for taking it over. It really isn't that hard to find.

I tried the best I could. Thank you for taking it over. It really isn't that hard to find.

I really didn't mean to butt in, but we looked for it for a long time. I am so much better with a visual, so hoped this might help. :)

Would love to know where to buy provisions. Thank you. Everyone enjoy your cruise!

It was straight down the street from where the Ruby was docked after it moved from it's previous location(When we boarded the Ruby, it was at the cruise port...and it then moved).

The Coop was very crowded when we went there(Saturday afternoon), so leave yourself plenty of time to shop. They charge for bags to carry out whatever you buy, so if you don't want to pay, bring your own along. ;)

There are several other stores on the same street, but Coop has the best selection.

Have fun!

Archived