Live From The Ruby Princess Med-T/A 10-19-11

Woobstr112G

Hello all. DW and I will be leaving early Sunday morning for a two day stay in Venice before we board the Ruby Princess. I decided to start this live from thread a few days early so I could begin to gather questions asked and to report on my observations. I will try and report daily on my activities as long as the ship's internet cooperates.

Take care all and have a great day.....:):):)

Bob

We are wheels up tomorrow afternoon and after a few days in Paris, we will join the ship in Venice. Wow...just writing that took my breath away!! LOL

Looking forward to finally meeting you Bob and enjoying our upcoming Martini Duel!!! :D:D:D

Hi woobstr112g

Have a great cruise if you see captain Tony say hello from Shogun

yours Shogun

Shogun;

Will do.....:):):)

Hi Bob

Look forward to reading about your cruise. I am on this cruise but the 2012 verision.

Thanks Sarah. We booked this crruise when it first opened up in March of 2010. It's finally time to go.....:):):)

Bob

Have fun

Sarah

Hello all. DW and I will be leaving early Sunday morning for a two day stay in Venice before we board the Ruby Princess. I decided to start this live from thread a few days early so I could begin to gather questions asked and to report on my observations. I will try and report daily on my activities as long as the ship's internet cooperates.

Bob

Bob-

I seem to recall that you really disliked the Horizon Court food on the Golden (forgive me if I've gotten you confused with someone else -- I read a lotta posts :o). Please let us know how the buffet on the Ruby compares.

Have a great great time.

Bon Voyage to all of you. I will be following this thread as I am booked on the Ruby TA next year. My first cruise on Princess and anxious to know how it went!:D

If anyone is staying at the Hotel Antiche Figure, let me know how you liked it.

Thanks,

Anne

Bob-

I seem to recall that you really disliked the Horizon Court food on the Golden (forgive me if I've gotten you confused with someone else -- I read a lotta posts :o). Please let us know how the buffet on the Ruby compares.

Have a great great time.

I'm not a big fan of the HC overall because of food temps. Before we sailed the Golden I found the Ruby's HC acceptable. The Golden was truely terrible. Keep in mind food is a subjective thing, it's just the way I saw it. I will do my best to report on the Ruby's HC.....:):):)

Bob

Bob

WOW it's really here. We fly out Monday for an extra day in Venice. Thrilled we can make this trip. Thanks for all the posts have a safe journey, and be seeing you on the Ruby next week.:D

Laura E.

Hi Bob,

With one the best Maitre Ds around I think you will find the food service to be very good,

I assume you will have a number of 25 hr days to take out the time difference between us and your side of the pond.

Your CD should be Sam, so do not think you will be borred.

Just do not talk about Rugby as Wales just lost by a point and there captain was sent off for nothing.

yours Shogun

Well I'm all packed with nothing to do:D Actually I have a wedding to go to in about an hour or so. It's local so the drive won't be to bad. DW is going to stay home and pack. Limo picks us up at 0445 for our trek to LAX for an 0830 flight.....:):):)

Bob

We will be on this cruise next April taking the Ruby to the Med for the next season. Will be following your 'live from' with great interest.

I too would like to know what the Horizon Court food is like. I don't usually do buffet style but seeing as they are closing the MDR for lunch on port days we won't really have a choice if we are onboard on those days.

Archived