No Kids in CL but Adults at DreamWorks Breakfast & Getting Face-Painting??

Ohhh but what do I do for a living? Thought so. ;)

Just because you're a TA does not mean you have the answers. Have you actually cruised on an Oasis class ship? Have you experienced this first hand? By the way, it doesn't take much to become a TA today. Just about anyone can take a course and call themselves a TA. One reason that I book on my own.

Nice edit.

I thought about it twice and then came back and decided that it's not worth it.

Edited by Jumbiecruiser

How many Oasis class ships have you cruised????? Thought so.

Most families cruising for the first time would not know about the character breakfasts. I've seen tons of posts here asking where you even go to reserve the character breakfast online. It's actually a little tricky since it's under "Specialty Dining" on the online check-in.

Given that so many people ON THIS BOARD can't figure out where to go online to reserve the breakfast, the notion that a first-time cruiser would know where to go (or that their travel agent or even RCCL staff) would know how to do this is PREPOSTEROUS.

You likely only know about the character breakfast if you've read about it on CC. That's how I first found out about it when I was considering booking Allure. And as soon as I booked--months in advance--I went on and only two spaces were left at one of the character breakfasts. The rest of the spaces were filled up--presumably by people like a fricken MODERATOR on this board, who wants to go sans kids to ALL THREE character breakfasts--unbelievable.

So the notion that a newbie cruiser would and should easily know about the character breakfasts and how to book them is, quite simply, wrong.

Now I have to go to bed. It's getting late (i.e., 10:00 a.m.).

Most families cruising for the first time would not know about the character breakfasts. I've seen tons of posts here asking where you even go to reserve the character breakfast online. It's actually a little tricky since it's under "Specialty Dining" on the online check-in.

Given that so many people ON THIS BOARD can't figure out where to go online to reserve the breakfast, the notion that a first-time cruiser would know where to go (or that their travel agent or even RCCL staff) would know how to do this is PREPOSTEROUS.

You likely only know about the character breakfast if you've read about it on CC. That's how I first found out about it when I was considering booking Allure. And as soon as I booked--months in advance--I went on and only two spaces were left at one of the character breakfasts. The rest of the spaces were filled up--presumably by people like a fricken MODERATOR on this board, who wants to go sans kids to ALL THREE character breakfasts--unbelievable.

So the notion that a newbie cruiser would and should easily know about the character breakfasts and how to book them is, quite simply, wrong.

Now I have to go to bed. It's getting late (i.e., 10:00 a.m.).

You seem to have a lot of anger over something as silly as a breakfast. Why not direct your anger in the correct direction and call Royal Caribbean? Again, if the so called moderator can book three times then the problem is Royal Caribbean. I too think that three times is a little ridiculous but I do not control this person and as long as Royal Caribbean allows it then the problem needs to be addressed with them.

Nice edit.

Oooh seems like I missed something. You always get to see the good stuff! :D

Just because you're a TA does not mean you have the answers. Have you actually cruised on an Oasis class ship? Have you experienced this first hand? By the way, it doesn't take much to become a TA today. Just about anyone can take a course and call themselves a TA. One reason that I book on my own.

Yes, because you cruised an Oasis class you are now the expert?

So what you are saying is a TA has to cruise every single ship to know every single fact about each one? Psst - there is a new thing called ship tours and RCI regional seminar meetings. ;)

Yes, because you cruised an Oasis class you are now the expert?

So what you are saying is a TA has to cruise every single ship to know every single fact about each one? Psst - there is a new thing called ship tours and RCI regional seminar meetings. ;)

LOL........................yeah I can tell how a ship will operate for the week by spending two or three hours on the ship. Seminars???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have a lot of anger over something as silly as a breakfast. Why not direct your anger in the correct direction and call Royal Caribbean? Again, if the so called moderator can book three times then the problem is Royal Caribbean. I too think that three times is a little ridiculous but I do not control this person and as long as Royal Caribbean allows it then the problem needs to be addressed with them.

That is a good suggestion. I will call them and email them and suggest two things: 1) That the CL be changed to adults-only during happy hour; and 2) That families with children get the first opportunity to book the character breakfast and then, if there are spaces available, it is open to all others. This seems like a logical and not unnecessarily punitive solution to both problems.

That is a good suggestion. I will call them and email them and suggest two things: 1) That the CL be changed to adults-only during happy hour; and 2) That families with children get the first opportunity to book the character breakfast and then, if there are spaces available, it is open to all others. This seems like a logical and not unnecessarily punitive solution to both problems.

I think those are both excellent suggestions!

Oooh seems like I missed something. You always get to see the good stuff! :D

;)

I was going to comment when I saw the post originally but I knew you can take care of yourself.;):p

He was just questioning how you actually obtained your TA license. Seems he feels that someone can get a license by drawing a picture that they see on a matchbook cover. :rolleyes:

I think that is an excellent idea.

Didn't read all replies so not sure if this has been suggested.

Are these face painting sessions free? If so, how about change it to kids (need to show proof to be under a certain age) get faces painted for free. Adults are charged a small fee?

I am sure that would solve a big chunk of the problem. ;)

ETA: just read some of the suggestions. And I like that the openings are open to kids first (say one day early). If spaces are not filled by the end of the day, RCI opens them to all cruisers.

Edited by genegri

Bad analogy... the kids have their own pool and club. So they have the same equivelants. I'm not going and playing the spalsh zone and I'm not attending the camp activities and playing with their video games. So they have things are designated kids only just like the adults have a pool that is designated adults only.

RCI has clearly decided that some things are kids or adult only. The breakfast is not one of them despite what all of these self entitled parents seem to think. Cartoon Character does not equal adult only and I think that's evident by the number of adults that want to and do sign up for this event.

I don't think it was a bad analogy at all, unless you missed my entire point, being noone is more entitled to a certain activity than another, however adults should be adult and let the kids have the first chance to book things such as character breakfast. Adults are always pushing the kids not allowed in the adult only area, bars, clubs so the only place they actually have that is just there's is the Kid's club, which is only open certain hours. You COULD use the splash pad but choose not to so you do the numbers. Not saying adults shouldn't attend, but don't think they should be booking AS SOON as booking is allowed. JMO but if I didn't have kids you wouldn't find me there, I'd rather be getting a mimosa by the pool :p

JMO but if I didn't have kids you wouldn't find me there, I'd rather be getting a mimosa by the pool :p

But see, there's our differences... I hate the idea of having a mimosa by the pool. I don't really drink, can't stand champagne and I'm not a beach or pool person. I spend most of my vacations at gaming (not video game) conventions, where we dress up as characters often and play board, card and role playing games. Now that is my idea of fun. :)

I could care less if the kids are in the adult areas. I love kids. But then I'm also not a drinker so there's nothing for me to be worried about if they're present. I don't like night clubs because of the loud music and I also don't stay up very late. Yeah... I'm a very boring 42 to some people I'm sure.

Edited by sherilyn70

Seeing as I have kids (as I have stated many times now) I don't think that is the difference. I have explained previously in great detail .
Then why keep repeating?:confused:

I noticed that too ;)

I've been watching this thread since it first started and wonder how long it will be before it gets closed because it's starting to get personal

Sorry, couldn't resist. Lots of repeat posts.

Then why keep repeating?:confused:

Because people clearly aren't reading and/or comprehending if they keep saying that those of us that want to go kidless just don't have kids or that we hate them. :) I also didn't repeat it and instead referred them to reading earlier posts.

Edited by sherilyn70

Because people clearly aren't reading and/or comprehending if they keep saying that those of us that want to go kidless just don't have kids or that we hate them. :) I also didn't repeat it and instead referred them to reading earlier posts.

22 posts and you haven't convinced them yet. Perhaps 23 or 24 will be the lucky one. Good luck.

22 posts and you haven't convinced them yet. Perhaps 23 or 24 will be the lucky one. Good luck.

I don't have to convince anyone I have kids... but eventually they might realize this if they read it enough times. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I actually never knew it was a problem until this post. I decided to cancel our reservation. Figure maybe on the 2nd or 3rd day (after there is time for people to sign up on the ship) see if there are openings.

I don't have to convince anyone I have kids... but eventually they might realize this if they read it enough times. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

You do realize that not everyone is refering to you, right?

Edited by hazeleyez3

My advice is to give up and walk away. Most of the bullys on this thread admit they have not even been on Oasis and dont grasp the characters are all over the ship and other silly things they seem to want to accuse people of.

Its just bullys, so ignore them. Facts and reason seem to have no influence on them, they would rather make things up.

Clearly they dont even understand what is actually going on from their posts, and some have even said they have never been on Oasis or Allure (freedom does it differently and assigns tables from what someone said).

Let it go. Its your decision to go or not. You cant win with a bunch of bullys ganging up on you online. If they wanted it changed they would be petitioning RCL, not hiding behind computers saying they never have even been on this ship to see for themselves. all hot air.. let them talk.

if you keep arguing you feed them.

When my kids were young, as an Aussie we dreamt of WDW and the like and finally realised our dream a few years ago. So I do "get" the idea of watching my kids wrapped as their TV heroes came to life. And I did everything I could to get them the best experience.

But that doesnt mean that children have more right to experience these things than adults.

Even in Australia our TA's direct us to the RCL site to finish off their selections. Hell, if they know about it then everyone must.

It just seems fairer to all paying customers that it is a first come first served system. Even if they only allowed families with children to book, then there will still be families that miss out.

When my kids were young, as an Aussie we dreamt of WDW and the like and finally realised our dream a few years ago. So I do "get" the idea of watching my kids wrapped as their TV heroes came to life. And I did everything I could to get them the best experience.

But that doesnt mean that children have more right to experience these things than adults.

Even in Australia our TA's direct us to the RCL site to finish off their selections. Hell, if they know about it then everyone must.

It just seems fairer to all paying customers that it is a first come first served system. Even if they only allowed families with children to book, then there will still be families that miss out.

I agree...

and I also want to add to everyone that looks down on adults that are interested in going...that it's unfortunate that it's a Dreamworks cruise... I wouldn't even have chimed in on this conversation if it was about a Disney character breakfast, an It's a small world ride, or most other cheesy kiddie stuff. I would have no interest at all...

I have to wonder if they have even watched these movies, because they are cartoons but they are also very adult oriented. Many jokes and situations on them are over kids heads and thats what makes them so great. I would absolutely want to do a Dreamsworks character breakfast for the fun of it, but all the other kids stuff ehhhhhhhh... I live in Florida and I actually really dislike Disney.

It actually makes me a little sad.. I'm unable to have kids... and I would love to attend. I guess I'm only allowed to enjoy that stuff if I was able too... at least to many here.

Edited by StingRaysfan