Oceania is now part of the AMEX platinum cruise amenity program

stuNYC

Just found out from my AMEX TA that Oceania has within the last few days joined their cruise amenity progam. You will get a $300.00 shipboard credit for the cabin per booking, wine tasting and complimentary bottle of wine from the tasting. It only applies to new bookings

Plus double Amex points.

You have to have a AMEX platinum card to take advantage. If you book more than one cruise per year on Oceania, Crystal, Cunard and other high end cruiselines, the card will more than pay for itself.

Just found out from my AMEX TA that Oceania has within the last few days joined their cruise amenity progam. You will get a $300.00 shipboard credit for the cabin per booking, wine tasting and complimentary bottle of wine from the tasting. It only applies to new bookings

Plus double Amex points.

You have to have a AMEX platinum card to take advantage. If you book more than one cruise per year on Oceania, Crystal, Cunard and other high end cruiselines, the card will more than pay for itself.

Nice, another way to pay for the cruise :D.

Kirk

This is great news. We have the Platinum Amex card and we have always been able to use it through our travel agent and get the benefits when booking for Regent and Seabourn. The first year we had it, it more than paid for itself. We are very happy to learn this news. Our first cruise on Oceania will be 2012 and we are looking forward to it.

If this is the same program as with some other cruise lines (Seabourn, Azamara, etc), you do not have to pay for any part of the cruise with the Plat card; you only have to have one and use ANY Amex card to pay for the entire cruise - you'll receive the $300 OBC, etc

To receive 25K Reward Points, you have to book through Amex agency (not your "regular" TA).

He said they (the TA's) only found out about it on Monday. I had seen these amenities advertised on another AMEX agency website and asked him to pursue it. He did and came back with the good news

Since it applies only for new bookings and I wasn't in penalty phase, he cancelled my original booking and rebooked the same cabin. Hard to believe that Oceania went along with it, but I received the confirmation of the new booking.

Yes It started Oct 1st so it is not published anywhere yet. The booking must be made through Platinum travel and in order to get double points you have to use your Amex card that is part of the Membership rewards program.

I have used them a few times and they are pretty good. I did have an issue once where final payment was due and they failed to make it and I almost lost my cabin so keep that in mind.

Keep in mind that this year Platinum is also offering $200 in reimbursable airline expenses. So anything outside of a ticket fee the airline charges like baggage fees, or food on the plane will be credited back to your account.

The fine hotels and resorts program is really really good also.

B.

In my experience customer service (if you can actually reach a live person) is a thing of the past. However, AMEX platininum customer service is the exception. They actually can't do enough to help you. Many times, I have thought of dropping the card just on the principle that there are so many card out there without a fee; but I always rejoin because of the customer service.

2 yrs ago for our Oceania cruise I used an Amex local agent.They go under a diffrent name.They met the best price I got from another agency and also gave us $300.00 for OBC using my green amex card.

Where did you see this, I just checked AM EX Platinum website and its not listed.

Thanks.

I think parts of the AmEx site aren't totally updated to reflect Oceania's participation yet but if you go in to make a booking online you will find this:

Exclusive Cruise Privileges Program Amenities

Platinum Card members receive the following Cruise Privileges amenities aboard Oceania Cruises:

• $300 per stateroom shipboard credit (sbc)
  • Premium Wine Tasting event
  • Complimentary bottle of wine of your choice from the tasting menu
  • Double Membership Rewards points

Cruise Privileges Program offer may be combinable at the cruise line's discretion with other American Express card offers. The cruise line reserves the right to make the offer combinable with groups on a tactical basis only.

Single passengers, when paying single passenger supplement, will be entitled to full Cruise Privileges amenities.

Kathleen

I wish I had known this when I booked my cruise to French Poly not that long ago... Ugghhh. I used my Visa to put down the deposit. I usually use my Amex Platinum to pay for my cruises on Silversea, etc. but didn't realize Oceania was now part of that. Well, will make note for the future.

The problem with these Amex programs (at least for us) is that you can almost never book anything above a Penthous under their "deal".

You statement is confusing and I'm pretty sure incorrect. The Amex Platinum Program doesn't have any booking limitations, any category qualifies for the benefits. Perhaps American Express Travel can't book above a Penthouse. Even though it appears that you have to book thru Amex Travel, that is NOT the case. As long as you use your Platinum Card, you can book thru most TA's who are familiar with the program. The TA simply needs to contact Amex once you book and get a tracking number from Amex Platinum Travel and add it to your record with Oceania and you get all of the benefits except double Rewards Points.

Have no idea what their "deal" is??

I wish I had known this when I booked my cruise to French Poly not that long ago... Ugghhh. I used my Visa to put down the deposit. I usually use my Amex Platinum to pay for my cruises on Silversea, etc. but didn't realize Oceania was now part of that. Well, will make note for the future.

Check with your TA. They can probably cancel and rebook using your Amex card to take advantage of the program. That's essentially what I did, since it's supposed to be for new bookings only, we rebooked to qualify for the program.

Just be aware that O is imposing the new "government fees and taxes" charge on new bookings so you might get an OBC and end up paying more for the cruise.

Check with your TA. They can probably cancel and rebook using your Amex card to take advantage of the program. That's essentially what I did, since it's supposed to be for new bookings only, we rebooked to qualify for the program.

Archived