Shore excursions - refundable?

budamom

You can cancel before getting onboard and it is refunded to the credit card you used to book it (there is a time limit not sure if it's a week prior to boarding) Once onboard you have approx 24-48 hrs (will vary) from the time the excursion is scheduled.. to cancel for an OBC to your SeaPass account.

Are shore excursions booked through the cruise line refundable if plans change?

I just booked an excursion and this was one of the things stated on my e-mail receipt:

*Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD.

Reservations made using our Pre-Cruise Planner must be purchased in the

same currency as your cruise ticket purchase. Exchange rates are determined

by a competitive pricing program and may be subject to change without notice.

All monetary exchanges processed onboard are paid out in U.S.

Dollars directly to your SeaPass onboard charge account unless otherwise

specified. You can change or cancel reservations made using our

Pre-Cruise Planner up to 4 days prior to your sail date.

All the ones I have booked before the cruise had a 24 hour cancellation policy. So I could cancel the day before the excursion and it would be credited on my folio. The cancellation policy mentioned of four days before you sail will get you a refund on your credit card.

They will also give you a refund if the excursion is canceled due to not enough participants, weather or the port is missed. Sometimes they will give a partial refund if the excursion is shortened for some reason but not always.

We did the helmet diving once and my two daughters changed their mind. One after the safety briefing. The other one actually went into the water but came back up again after 2 minutes.

When we got back to the ship their trips had already been refunded. I was pretty impressed.

You can change or cancel reservations made using our

Pre-Cruise Planner up to 4 days prior to your sail date.

I think all the statement is saying is that if you make your reservations using the Pre-Cruise Planner, you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to cancel ONLINE via the cruise planner. Has nothing to do with canceling once you are onboard. It's kind of like a "blackout" period...and your reservation is "unavailable" to be changed during that time. We've overslept and cancelled excursions day of without issue, including a refund...AFTER the excursion group has already left....

Archived