Safes in the Cabins

babymaxie

Other threads have reported that they fit but must sit at an angle - that is they won't lay flat - so one edge is at front bottom of the safe and the other it resting against the back wall. The rubbery mat at the bottom of the safe provide enough friction to hold the front edge until door is closed.

My question is will the safe hold an I-Pad. I would like to take mine, but won't if there isn't a safe place to keep it. I will cruising on the Allure of the Seas, inside cabin.

Never put anything in the safe and I have never had a problem. The laptop stays out on the desk the entire cruise along with cell phones and all photo and video equipment.

There is no way I could ever fit 2 DSLR's and everything in the safe.

Safes are smaller on Allure/Oasis, but we once left our safe standing open (thought the other one shut it) and left it that way for hours with no issues. We have a lock on the laptop, but again we've never had any issues with leaving it in the stateroom drawer.

Thanks to all that have replied back. I like to take my I-Pad on cruises so that before turning in for the night I can type up what I did during the day. Kind of a journal thing, along with downloading any pictures I may have taken that day. On a Carnival cruise I was on a few years ago they had night stands with drawers that locked and that was where I kept it. I see from pictures that RCCL has night stands with what looks like shelves.

I've taken my laptop and my ipad on several occasions and never once even once worried about locking them up.

Am I too trusting? lol:confused:

Same here. Took the laptop, power strip, set it up on the desk upon arrival, left it there the whole cruise, did not worry a bit.

Matter of fact, never worried about anything being stolen.

On our last cruise on the Allure of the Seas, our friend and my DH both locked up their iPads in the safe. It was a very fit, but they managed to get them in there. I kept my iPad out and didn't have any problems.

While I too would probably trust my cabin attendent with my electronics, cabin doors have been known to be left open while the cabins are cleaned. Sometimes several doors in a row. Or the attendant is cleaning the shower and does not hear someone enter the room. I would at the very least keep my valuables out of sight from an open door.

My advice to you is to lock up any valuables. There are thieves on RCI just as there are on other cruise lines, airlines, bus lines or whatever. Be smart and err on the side of caution. These cabin attendants don't make much money and temptation is always there. Don't present an opportunity.

My advice to you is to lock up any valuables. There are thieves on RCI just as there are on other cruise lines, airlines, bus lines or whatever. Be smart and err on the side of caution. These cabin attendants don't make much money and temptation is always there. Don't present an opportunity.

WOW...:eek:

Archived