Two dead passengers...!

ASIWISH

I heard a report on our local 12 noon news.

They are suggesting the 67 year old woman had a heart attack.

A guest leaving Dawn this morning was intereviewed (we know how accurate some of those 'interviews' can be), but in any case she said to the reporter there was mention the 23 year old may have suffered from epilepsy and had a seizure. She said her cabin steward told her this. Again, no verification of accuracy.

Massachusetts State Police and FBI (it was reported) are deciding who will take control of the investigation as they need to know how far out to sea the incidents happened in order to know who has jurisdiction.

In any case, very sad for a ship to return to dock with two deceased guests.

Thoughts go out to their family and friends.

Death on cruise ships is a very common occurence. The vast majority are due to true accidents and naturual deaths. Like in society as a whole, there probably are some suicides and suspicious deaths.

Population on a ship on any given week is a slice of population as a whole.

I was on this cruise and unfortunately interviewed as well. The reporter came running at me like a cheetah and before I knew it I was running my mouth off. I have a review written but now it seems a bit trivial! We had a great time overall but literally everyone we got to know said they were heading back to HAL. Me too! Me too...

Do you know which tv station interviewed you? Maybe it was your interview I listened to.

Sorry your cruise ended that way but Welcome Back.

Thx Sail. Channel 7. I'm quoted in their story but thankfully haven't seen the video as we are on the way home. Checking HAL cruises in early March....

it's a mystery to me why this is news:confused:

one person (67 years old) apparently had a heart attack .. tragic and unfortunate .. but, the mere fact someone on a cruise ship died from a heart attack does not IMHO make that event something fit for NBC!

a second person, (23 years old) with apparent no connection to the other passenger, also died on the same cruise .. tragic BUT again (especially since there is no evidence to show anything at this time other than the cause was natural) is that a reason to contact NBC, MSNBC or the other major networks?

sorry: IMO this has really been blown out of proportion for no legitimate reason

I was on this cruise and unfortunately interviewed as well. The reporter came running at me like a cheetah and before I knew it I was running my mouth off. I have a review written but now it seems a bit trivial! We had a great time overall but literally everyone we got to know said they were heading back to HAL. Me too! Me too...

Evene though you cruise ended on a sad note with the 2 deaths -- I hope that you will still do a review,

one person (67 years old) apparently had a heart attack .. tragic and unfortunate .. but, the mere fact someone on a cruise ship died from a heart attack does not IMHO make that event something fit for NBC!

a second person, (23 years old) with apparent no connection to the other passenger, also died on the same cruise .. tragic BUT again (especially since there is no evidence to show anything at this time other than the cause was natural) is that a reason to contact NBC, MSNBC or the other major networks?

sorry: IMO this has really been blown out of proportion for no legitimate reason

It's a slow news day in Boston and 'round the nation. :D

The only other news they had to report is predicted 6" + of snow that may fall in parts of the state tomorrow....... Ugh !!!

I just heard Massachusetts State Police have made a statement neither of the deaths is suspicious. This is a NON-NEWS story. The only reason it was reported at all IMO is the sensationalism of making it sound like drama aboard a beautiful cruise ship. There is no story here. :rolleyes:

Carla,

I was watching Channel 5. Sorry I didn't see you.

Thx Sail. Channel 7. I'm quoted in their story but thankfully haven't seen the video as we are on the way home. Checking HAL cruises in early March....

Carla, you look good and did not appear to run off at the mouth:) Very steady, matter of fact, no hoopla or attention grabbing and spoken well:)

Link is here: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12005750924032/cruise-ship-docks-in-boston-with-2-dead-passengers/

Joanie

I agree and wonder why it's news for the HAL forum as there are at least 3 other threads on the topic in the NCL and Cruise News forums I've seen on this unfortunate event.

Thx Joanie. The weird thing is that the first two people in the clip are wonderful CC'ers from our roll call. They got off the ship at least an hour after us. Very coincidental as I was literally accosted by the news reporter and assume they were, too.

I just heard Massachusetts State Police have made a statement neither of the deaths is suspicious. This is a NON-NEWS story. The only reason it was reported at all IMO is the sensationalism of making it sound like drama aboard a beautiful cruise ship. There is no story here. :rolleyes:

Carla,

I was watching Channel 5. Sorry I didn't see you.

Excellent post, thanks!

This is a NON-NEWS story. The only reason it was reported at all IMO is the sensationalism of making it sound like drama aboard a beautiful cruise ship. There is no story here. :rolleyes:

:(Yeah, I feel kind of bad posting this...:(

I didn't mean for it to be morbid, just thought "cruise news" would be interesting...

Death on cruise ships is a very common occurence.
We were on one cruise where there were rumors going around of 5 deaths by the time we got back to FLL. We did see a hearse parked near the stern in St Thomas, and we did speed up to arrive at another port very early in the morning (like 2 or 3 a.m.) where we saw an ambulance leaving the ship very slowly around 6 a.m., but we saw no hints of three more.

I would think with the shear volume of passengers that this might happen more than we hear... is that true?

It really is sad...

On the last leg of the Westerdam repo in May, a passenger died on the ship while having embarked a short time earler.

Two days later, a passenger died and was taken off at Astoria, Oregon with his wife.

Two deceased passengers on a 5-day cruise. One never left the port.

It's sad.

Slow news day.

Not just that. In this area of the country both passengers would be considered local. For certain the woman is in the Boston TV area; she was from Tiverton, RI.

The young man may have been in the TV area, too. I'm not sure how far north their viewing area goes, but New Hampshire news on Boston TV is not uncommon.

Archived