Occupy wall street and port protests..would insurance pay if the blocked the port?

With the Occupy wall street and port protests..would insurance pay if they blocked the port? (one that cruise ships go out of)

Would the ship even sail?

Would those passengers getting off be able to get off and leave?

I wonder if they could be classified as a civil unrest issue so the travel insurance companies are off the hook.

With the Occupy wall street and port protests..would insurance pay if they blocked the port? (one that cruise ships go out of)

I wonder if they could be classified as a civil unrest issue so the travel insurance companies are off the hook.

It is my understanding that these are cargo ports.:confused:

Are you planning a freighter cruise?

Not to be political, but I wonder if any of the protesters have jobs or are looking for them? I have unemployed friends and they are working so hard on finding jobs, they do not have the time to get out and protest. With something like blocking the ports, they are just hurt the 99% they are trying to help. I believe in speaking my mind, but not at the expense of my fellow human beings and animals.

It is my understanding that these are cargo ports.:confused:

Are you planning a freighter cruise?

I realize the current one is a cargo port,it might only be a matter of time before they do a cruise port.

Think about it,these are foreign flagged vessels so in their minds why would they care about losses for them.

I looked over my insurance and there is an exclusion for civil unest matters.The question is,is this a cilil unrest matter?

I don't know why you folks are even worried or talking about this stuff. NOone is blocking cruise ports!

IF you read about the protesters in Oakland you will note that there were many teachers/nurses etc. taking part in one day actions there.

The young punks who started the trouble at night were NOT really with the group that was protesting.

Without reading your specific policy the answer is that probably the insurance company would not be liable because they are not responsible for acts of civil disobedience.

I know you like to start threads, but I really really really really really really really really wouldn't worry about any ports being occupied, disrupting anything. That's not going to happen.

I just tried to find it in my trip insurance and this is as close to it as i could find....

OTHER COVERED EVENTS

means only the following unforeseeable events

or their consequences which occur

while coverage is in effect under this Policy:

1. Common Carrier delays resulting from inclement weather,

or mechanical breakdown of the aircraft, ship or boat or

motor coach on which you are scheduled to travel, or organized labor strikes that affect public transportation;

2. arrangements canceled by an airline, cruise line, motor

coach company, or tour operator, resulting from inclement

weather, mechanical breakdown of the aircraft, ship

or boat or motor coach on which the Insured is scheduled to travel, or organized labor strikes that affect public transportation.

The stike will be a forseeable event so my money would be no refunds....

OP did you give up on the tipping threads?

What's with attacking the OP? If OP has questions/concerns, I thought that is what this forum was for ... in this case, I agree that it's probably highly unlikely, but with certain political interests looking for ways to make the general public pay attention, they may have a point that something like this could arise.

If you don't care about the thread, don't like reading the OP's opinion or questions, you don't have to click on it. There is no rule that we have to read all threads.

I wish we could all be a little bit less snarky and a lot more informative on these boards and quit with all the childish "mean girl" junk.

Archived