Coffee card update

more cruises

Thanks Cruz Guy for a complete explanation of `the coffee card`and its uses.

We do like brewed coffee, I perk at home, but as I understand it, even with a coffee card this is not available in the dining rooms.

We certainly wouldn`t stop at the International Cafe just for coffee.

Again, thank you

I have just been informed that my coffee card will now be punched for brewed coffee or tea. I asked to speak with a manager and he also stated that now only the NEW cards will not be punched for coffee and tea.

They claimed this is the first cruise that is doing that.

My card was just purchased in Sept. on the Sapphire................

They punched my card for a cup of coffee, I am not a happy cruiser !!!!

Donna

??? On October 12, you posted to a thread about the new coffee card rules. The very first post in that thread contained the following information quoted directly from Princess (emphasis added):

"Coffee cards are being redesigned to include the ship and sailing on which they were purchased. Once these new cards go into effect, you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish. Any unused punches on cards that you currently possess will also be honored. However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card."

Having seen this information over a month ago, how could you now be surprised at the implementation of the new rules?

I thought the old cards were going to be replaced with the new cards. Did they distinguish your replacement card in some way?

That seems a bit off from what was stated about how these old cards would be handled.

That seems a bit off from what was stated about how these old cards would be handled.

How so? The bolded language above makes it clear that you DO NOT GET FREE BREWED COFFEE WITH OLD CARDS. If it isn't free, then you have to pay....or use up a punch. That is how I read it. And that seems to be what they are implementing.

Never mind... I just remembered wrong. I thought they were going to exchange the old cards for a new card and you could get the brewed coffee for one more cruise.

If you didn't exchange your card, you weren't getting the brewed coffee.

My bad. :o

I have just been informed that my coffee card will now be punched for brewed coffee or tea. I asked to speak with a manager and he also stated that now only the NEW cards will not be punched for coffee and tea.

They claimed this is the first cruise that is doing that.

My card was just purchased in Sept. on the Sapphire................

They punched my card for a cup of coffee, I am not a happy cruiser !!!!

Donna

Yep, that is a current discussion on these boards right now. It appears to be a fleet wide change by what i can tell. Free brewed coffee only for cruise that card was purchased for. Punches still good for specialty coffees.

Would love to hear your feedback on the entertainment. What shows/performers are particularly good? How is the anytime dining working?

Hope your weather is beautiful and your cruise is wonderful.

DH has enjoyed using his coffee card to get cappuccinos in the dining room. He has never used it for brewed coffee or the specialty teas, so I guess he's good to go with the few punches he has left. He was surprised last week when I showed it to him. I think there are five punches to be used up on our cruise next month.

I'm thinking Coffee Card Threads will be replacing Smoking Threads and will be gaining on attire for Formal Night Threads!

I can't believe the uproar over a $29 Coffee Card not being good into eternity!

Now, ask me about losing my air miles.... they used to be good forever too!!

No free lunch, nothing lasts forever :-):D

We certainly wouldn`t stop at the International Cafe just for coffee.

Stopping by the I.C. is one of my favorite things to do on Princess. Every a.m. on the way to the mdr for breakfast I would stop by and pick up a large brewed coffee to take with me. It made the breakfast a lot more enjoyable.

I can't believe the uproar over a $29 Coffee Card not being good into eternity!

I'm not at all upset about it. I thought people were mostly posting about their experience with it. This is a discussion board..we need something to discuss.

I'm not at all upset about it. I thought people were mostly posting about their experience with it. This is a discussion board..we need something to discuss.

Yes, we are always looking for ways to feed our addiction. :D

Didn't mean to single anyone out! Just seems like there have been numerous threads about the coffee cards lately. :D

Didn't mean to single anyone out! Just seems like there have been numerous threads about the coffee cards lately. :D

And there seems to be "new" info about the coffee cards every few days...we are just trying to catch up! LOL

Repeat conversations about previously discussed topics are kind of the nature of the beast on sites like this..

New people join each day, topics come up that we can't easily go back and try to dig up....yes, I know there is a search function, but it frequently doesn't work or does not function as it should....

If I come across a topic that does not interest me or I have seen discussed before, I just move on to something else...just sayin'

You lucky person !!

You can get whatever speciality coffees you like free of charge with no coffee card needed. Also, complimentary Mimosas ( or Bloody Marys if you prefer ) as well. Enjoy your brekkies, they're wonderful

Free Bloody Marys? Really?! I didn't know that. One more thing to look forward to on our upcoming cruise on the Grand!:)

This is the reply I got from Princess here in the UK last year.Good afternoon

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply.

Having spoken with the Food & Beverage Manager on board in regard to your query, I can confirm that the coffee card promotion is the same on all our ships, including Sea Princess, and it includes freshly brewed coffee. Please see below the attached receipt that is given with the coffee card purchase -

Thank you for purchasing your

Coffee Card

The card entitles you to 15 Espresso based hot drinks

in all Dining Rooms as well as Horizon Court,

Ice Cream Bar and Explorers

and also includes Princess Café Select items,

This promotion is not available through Room Service

A valid card entitles you to unlimited Filter Coffee

And Tea at no extra cost

Green Tea Smoothies are not included in this program

Lost or damaged Coffee Cards

will not be refunded.

I hope this information has helped answer your enquiry and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Kind regards

Jxxxxxx

Princess Cruises

Customer Solutions

Carnival UK

This is the reply I got from Princess here in the UK last year.Good afternoon

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply.

Having spoken with the Food & Beverage Manager on board in regard to your query, I can confirm that the coffee card promotion is the same on all our ships, including Sea Princess, and it includes freshly brewed coffee. Please see below the attached receipt that is given with the coffee card purchase -

Thank you for purchasing your

Coffee Card

The card entitles you to 15 Espresso based hot drinks

in all Dining Rooms as well as Horizon Court,

Ice Cream Bar and Explorers

and also includes Princess Café Select items,

This promotion is not available through Room Service

A valid card entitles you to unlimited Filter Coffee

And Tea at no extra cost

Green Tea Smoothies are not included in this program

Lost or damaged Coffee Cards

will not be refunded.

I hope this information has helped answer your enquiry and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Kind regards

Jxxxxxx

Princess Cruises

Customer Solutions

Carnival UK

Thanks for sharing the reply which appears to be based on the old system & not reflective of the changes being tested. Even if they communicated with one F&B manager that doesn't mean it's done that way on all ships because changes are tested on some ships before a fleetwide implimentation. Apparently the new changes have not 'officially' been implemented yet thus someone in an office can only share what's in their existing info. They're probably not aware of how it's being done onboard & until the new policy is officially implemented they share what's in writing only & may not know what's being done onboard.

The coffee card sold last week on the crown was the same as the ones they have always sold. I also heard the person behind the coffee counter telling the person that was purchasing one that it would always be good for every cruise. Guess the word on the changes haven't reached everyone.

The coffee card sold last week on the crown was the same as the ones they have always sold. I also heard the person behind the coffee counter telling the person that was purchasing one that it would always be good for every cruise. Guess the word on the changes haven't reached everyone.

It appears that it's still in the testing phase & thus is a combination of the old program or the new proposed one depending upon which ship. After the testing is done, the change in policy should be implemented fleetwide...until then, both versions of the coffee card are being used.

Al told us about the coffee cards are for Starbucks coffee only not the regular brew which is probably some off brand, but coffee is coffee... I love espresso from Turkey or Isreal and Italy very very strong, will let your panties fall, off that is how strong it is... I wonder if they would have a espersso machine for us and I buy a coffee card in a minute... yummy, with a nice piece of pie... wow... thats good stuff!;)

Al told us about the coffee cards are for Starbucks coffee only not the regular brew which is probably some off brand, but coffee is coffee... I love espresso from Turkey or Isreal and Italy very very strong, will let your panties fall, off that is how strong it is... I wonder if they would have a espersso machine for us and I buy a coffee card in a minute... yummy, with a nice piece of pie... wow... thats good stuff!;)

"Al" who told you that? :eek:

There's only the brewed coffee at the IC or Lobby Bar & the reconstituted coffee concentrate. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. Is the new card ship and cruise specific?

the hotel manager on the Grand P TA last week confirmed its being implemented. Said the cards will be unique for each ship, and brewed coffee good for just the particular voyage. Remaining punches for specialty coffees will not expire.

I read on one post that the new policy will start on 1/1/12 but I've gotten conficting report.

Archived