room service on formal nights??

cards10

You won't be able to get lobster (or any MDR food) from room service. With that said though, your husband won't need to dress "formal" to dine in the dining room on elegant night (at least from what I have read...my first Carnival cruise is this weekend)

You won't be able to get lobster (or any MDR food) from room service. With that said though, your husband won't need to dress "formal" to dine in the dining room on elegant night (at least from what I have read...my first Carnival cruise is this weekend)

That's correct. Just slacks (no shorts allowed on elegant night) and a nice shirt is sufficient (DH sometimes wears a dress shirt with or without a tie) and sometimes a Tommy Bahama silk shirt and he's not underdressed.

From what I've seen on "formal night".....pretty much anything goes.....except maybe shorts, and sleeveless (for men) shirts. He won't be under dressed.

How come ladies can go sleeveless, and men can't....and why can men go topless, and women can't?? Hmmm ! :confused:

Can you order the Lobster for room service? My husband doesn't want to dress up for formal night. So, I was wondering if you can order it for room service???

The lobster tails we had on the Dream were delicious....don't miss them!!!!

Don't skip formal night.......my husband wore khaki's and a golf shirt and no one batted an eye

(and I can hear the collective gasp throughout these boards...:p)

Go comfortable and enjoy yourself!!!!

Can you order the Lobster for room service? My husband doesn't want to dress up for formal night. So, I was wondering if you can order it for room service???

No the room service menu never changes.

He does not need to dress up for elegant night. Long pants and a nice shirt, either with buttons or a polo is perfectly acceptable and he will be dressed like many others.

As an aside, the lobster is usually horrible and not worth the effort it takes to chew it.

From what I've seen on "formal night".....pretty much anything goes.....except maybe shorts, and sleeveless (for men) shirts. He won't be under dressed.

How come ladies can go sleeveless, and men can't....and why can men go topless, and women can't?? Hmmm ! :confused:

I don't know. I also wondered why you drive on the parkway and park in your driveway:confused::p

Bill

We like Carnival's relaxed "elegant night "dress code!

My husband wears black jeans, black shoes(comfy like sneakers but leather) and a button down shirt with a collar. I dress up in a fun little dress or slacks with a glam top! Don't hide in your room!!

However my sister was feeling bad one night on our cruise and she wanted broiled chicken breast and baked potato. I went to our normal table and he was happy to send the meal with me to my sister. So maybe you can bring him one back, not gonna be hot though.

Carole

Archived