Current Concierges continued

PH8

Judy Kolba - the best entertainer RCI has. Or she is at least in that group of very few. Fun, positive, upbeat, I LOVE her. That dress comes in different colors. :)

Gina

So funny you mentioned Judy Kolba because DH and I were just yesterday recalling all the great entertainers we've seen onboard our past cruises and Judy is one of the best! We love her show and have seen her many times on HAL and also RCI. We haven't seen her in quite a while so glad to see she is still providing such great entertainment!

Edited by torpeedo

J

They opened the VCL for D & D+ and offered the same amenities as in the CL during 5-8:30. The thing that most D/D+ Members were upset about was the fact that they could not access the CL to use the Specialty Coffee Machine during the day.

the D lounge has the same machine so that should have been a non issue. but I read the first post as the suite guests were locked out, not the other way around.

If I remember correctly, Willie was on RD back in 2004/2005. He alternated with Giuseppe (OMG, what a doll he was). Then Reyno got promoted like late 2006 maybe and was there for the September 2007 Member's Cruise to Alaska. I believe that JD alternated with Reyno for a while when he first started. Gosh, that was a long time ago.

I think that Reyno was filling in for Willie when we sailed with him in 2007. He was in line to be Concierge when Willie left RD, but RCI deployed ths ship to South America, so JD got the gig because they wanted somebody who was fluent in Spanish. But Reyno got his gig shortly after that (on Freedom?), so it worked out for him. I hope we can catch up to him one of these days.

I KNOW I've read that wrong. Did the concierge actually kick the suite guests out of the CL for an event for D/D+'s? If I'm reading that right and that's what he did, I would have been all over that. The CL is for suite passengers. They have access to the CL all hours of every day. No "shutting down" the lounge to access by anyone entitled to be there.

btw - I am D - and I always cruise in a suite. I visit only the CL because I get bored with people comparing how many cruises they've been on, etc. Would rather skip a free drink than have to sit in the D lounge to get one! The CL on the Brilliance last week was like Nirvana thanks to 2-lounge addition and access change. (I know that not all D's and above do the cruise count continually...but a heckuva lot of them do!)

I would also comment on this comment "(most of the people from suites were first time cruisers)" but I am going to assume that you were not denegrating folks for being on their first cruise or implying that if it's your first cruise and you are only in the CL because of that, that you are not entitled to the benefits that come with a suite.

We all have our favorites. And, we are all entitled to them as our experiences are different. Enough said.

On the members' cruise in 2007, D and D+ were booted from the CL for the entire cruise, not just at the cocktail hour. We were in a GS so had access. We skipped the CL the first night because so many people showed up looking for their access cards and poor Reyno had to bear the brunt of their wrath, even though it wasn't his call and he wasn't notified in time to send it letters to the cabins.

And most of the people I can recall meeting had been on several or even many cruises before, but we could be asking about different dates.

the D lounge has the same machine so that should have been a non issue. but I read the first post as the suite guests were locked out, not the other way around.

The cruise I described was in 2007 and Radiance did not have a D lounge at that time.

Having been on that cruise, the Concierge Lounge was exclusively used by Suite Guests and D and D+ had the VCL.

I think that Reyno was filling in for Willie when we sailed with him in 2007. He was in line to be Concierge when Willie left RD, but RCI deployed ths ship to South America, so JD got the gig because they wanted somebody who was fluent in Spanish. But Reyno got his gig shortly after that (on Freedom?), so it worked out for him. I hope we can catch up to him one of these days.

On the members' cruise in 2007, D and D+ were booted from the CL for the entire cruise, not just at the cocktail hour. We were in a GS so had access. We skipped the CL the first night because so many people showed up looking for their access cards and poor Reyno had to bear the brunt of their wrath, even though it wasn't his call and he wasn't notified in time to send it letters to the cabins.

And most of the people I can recall meeting had been on several or even many cruises before, but we could be asking about different dates.

You are correct in that Reyno was filling in for Willie when he went on vacation. When Reyno left RD he went to the Freedom for training. He was then part of the Oasis team that brought the ship over from Europe.

Just off Freedom yesterday and wanted to say what a great concierge Rahul was on this trip. Very friendly and helpful, I think he is now one of my favorites!

Hi we just got off the Freedom too, thought Rahul was brilliant - very helpful and attentive.

Has any one had experiences with Ricardo Mock on Navigator? we are due to go on our TA cruise next Sunday and not heard a thing, Normally when we've been on Independence we've had some form of contact before now?

:eek:

Ricardo is excellent and very nice. He should be off the ship by now. There is a problem with his replacement but I really don't think he will be on the TA. This contract has been long and hard for him (since March.). If he is on the TA I think you will have a great time. Enjoy! :)

Ricardo is excellent and very nice. He should be off the ship by now. There is a problem with his replacement but I really don't think he will be on the TA. This contract has been long and hard for him (since March.). If he is on the TA I think you will have a great time. Enjoy! :)

Actually Ricardo most likely will be on the TA. We were on Navigator in the summer and he told us he hates flying so was extending his contract to cover the TA so that he wouldn't have so far to fly home.

He's such a nice guy and very helpful and patient.

Has any one had experiences with Ricardo Mock on Navigator? we are due to go on our TA cruise next Sunday and not heard a thing, Normally when we've been on Independence we've had some form of contact before now?

:eek:

We sail this Sunday and received an email from the Concierge Larissa yesterday.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

(Dionne Jolly)

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Rahim Fraoui(on vacation 12/01/13-01/05/14) AND Dexter Fraser till 01/05/14

(Fernando Ugalde Nadal on vacation till 12/01/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 09/29/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Willie Salaya as of 09/15/13

(Anis Tebbeb)

(Diamond)Sascha Strack

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser as of 10/28/13

(Gazetty James)

(Diamond)Carlington Berry as of 10/14/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Nizar Laatiri till 12/12/13

(Denzil Fernandes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Rahul Barua as of 09/15/13

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida till 11/03/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Francis Calimag

(Ruth Romo Ortiz)

(Diamond)George Gutierrez

ID Independence (Concierge) Fernando Cataldo till 11/23/13

(Raj Bhugwath)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 09/21/13

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Larisa Curduneanu as of 09/09/13

(Luca Iorio)

(Diamond)Andrew Finegold as of 09/09/13

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz till 12/07/13(Oana Papa)

(Diamond)-Mahmoud Messaoudi

(Oana Popa on vacation 10/06/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Larissa Curduneanu (Ricardo Mock)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Allan Fajardo

(Israel Sanchez on vacation 09/14/13-11/02/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 11/02/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 11/02/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as of 09/14/13

(Diamond)HaJeong Shim"JJ" till 01/19/14

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Amit Chattopadhyay as of 08/16/13

(Pretty Shamu)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Mario Adonis Reyes till April 2014

(Diamond) Alan del Fiero

SP Splendour–(Concierge)Gustavo Butcher(as of 09/30/13)

(Telma Santos)

(Diamond)Gisleni Araujo

VI Vision - Betsy Medrano

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong as of July '13

Yangyang Qi

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

It seems like someone would know before that. I know a bar server on board. I'll ask him. Bar servers know everything. :D

Gina

Thanks Gina. I don't remember a GSO by that name from NV. We visited the NV 6 weeks sinc Dec '12 so don't think we missed her. We're getting close to the Dec lock down for folks leaving so the crew should be set all the way to dry dock soon. Woner if Cpt Frank will stay til she goes in. Would you mind asking the all knowing bar tender if Manny will be F&B in December? :cool:

Thanks Gina. I don't remember a GSO by that name from NV. We visited the NV 6 weeks sinc Dec '12 so don't think we missed her. We're getting close to the Dec lock down for folks leaving so the crew should be set all the way to dry dock soon. Woner if Cpt Frank will stay til she goes in. Would you mind asking the all knowing bar tender if Manny will be F&B in December? :cool:

I think our conversations got crossed. I'm not going in NV so you lost me there. I'm looking for the DL concierge on Vision.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

(Dionne Jolly)

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Rahim Fraoui(on vacation 12/01/13-01/05/14) AND Dexter Fraser till 01/05/14

(Fernando Ugalde Nadal on vacation till 12/01/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 09/29/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Willie Salaya as of 09/15/13

(Anis Tebbeb)

(Diamond)Sascha Strack

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser as of 10/28/13

(Gazetty James)

(Diamond)Carlington Berry as of 10/14/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Nizar Laatiri till 12/12/13

(Denzil Fernandes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Rahul Barua as of 09/15/13

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida till 11/03/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Francis Calimag

(Ruth Romo Ortiz)

(Diamond)George Gutierrez

ID Independence (Concierge) Fernando Cataldo till 11/23/13

(Raj Bhugwath)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 09/21/13

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Larisa Curduneanu as of 09/09/13

(Luca Iorio)

(Diamond)Andrew Finegold as of 09/09/13

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz till 12/07/13(Oana Papa)

(Diamond)-Mahmoud Messaoudi

(Oana Popa on vacation 10/06/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Larissa Curduneanu (Ricardo Mock)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Allan Fajardo

(Israel Sanchez on vacation 09/14/13-11/02/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 11/02/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 11/02/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as of 09/14/13

(Diamond)HaJeong Shim"JJ" till 01/19/14

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Amit Chattopadhyay as of 08/16/13

(Pretty Shamu)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Mario Adonis Reyes till April 2014

(Diamond) Alan del Fiero

SP Splendour–(Concierge)Gustavo Butcher(as of 09/30/13)

(Telma Santos)

(Diamond)Gisleni Araujo

VI Vision - Betsy Medrano

(Diamond)-Efren Aquirre

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong as of July '13

Yangyang Qi

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

I think our conversations got crossed. I'm not going in NV so you lost me there. I'm looking for the DL concierge on Vision.

Guess I was just excited to see that Ricardo got a vacation. Sorry. :o

We've just sailed with Larissa as Concierge on the Legend (she said she would be moving to fill in on the Navigator). She's absolutely delightful, so pleasant and nothing is too much trouble

Carol

Great! The Galveston crowd will appreciate a pleasant easy going person. :)