Current Concierges continued

PH8

You are sooooo efficient Kathy. :) Thanks for that. Who is Efran? Anyone know? I mean other than the DL concierge on Vision. Is it a man? I am guessing so.

All I know is,he had been on the GR prior to the VI.....

What do we know about Larissa? Is she new to the job?

She seems new will only email people a few days before the cruise. I could be travelling ffs so why email so close to departure. Will see what happens but don't hold out much hope!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She seems new will only email people a few days before the cruise. I could be travelling ffs so why email so close to departure. Will see what happens but don't hold out much hope!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Our last couple of cruises we have only heard from the Concierge about 5 or 6 days ahead of the cruise. They have still been able to take care of reservations for us no problem.

Our last couple of cruises we have only heard from the Concierge about 5 or 6 days ahead of the cruise. They have still been able to take care of reservations for us no problem.

hmm independence one was different thing because it had done 14 night cruises before hand and so was prepared a lot more.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

(Dionne Jolly)

Hello,

We are booked on Adventure for Dec 1 out of San Juan. If I interpret this correctly, the Concierge will be Sucel Nickings?? Does anyone know if that is a male or female? Is he or she experienced and sailed on which RCCL ship before? Who is Dionne Jolly that is listed?

Thank you for helping clear this up for me.

Ahh...proves my point. We all have our favorites. Also proves a point that I didn't detail (well, I did the first 2 attempts but my posts disappeared mid-typing ;) ). JD does not care about suite guests. He is much - MUCH - more interested in D and above. Suite guests do not get "pampered" - or even acknowledged - by him in any way at all...in my experience.

We are Diamond Plus and cruise in Suites and can only respond to this comment as what utter rubbish.

You don't get to be the Number One Concierge by ignoring your Suite Guests.

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

(Dionne Jolly)

Hello,

We are booked on Adventure for Dec 1 out of San Juan. If I interpret this correctly, the Concierge will be Sucel Nickings?? Does anyone know if that is a male or female? Is he or she experienced and sailed on which RCCL ship before? Who is Dionne Jolly that is listed?

Thank you for helping clear this up for me.

Sucel is female and was appointed permanent Concierge on the Adventure earlier this year. Before that she had been the "stand-in" and worked on the Guest Services Desk on the same ship. A lovely person, we're looking forward to seeing her again next week (she's just returned from vacation)

Ahh...proves my point. We all have our favorites. Also proves a point that I didn't detail (well, I did the first 2 attempts but my posts disappeared mid-typing ;) ). JD does not care about suite guests. He is much - MUCH - more interested in D and above. Suite guests do not get "pampered" - or even acknowledged - by him in any way at all...in my experience.

In my experience, I've watched JD for years greet suite guests individually by name in most cases as they come in the door for the first time. When the lounge isn't over crowded, he made the effort to look at each person's seapass picture so he would recognize them as they came in.

While in Australia we enjoyed meeting and spending time with quite a few suite guests. Many of them actually commented to us how much they liked JD. This was brought up because Aussies, being not so familiar with a tipping culture, wanted to know how to handle taking care of him since he took such good care of them.

I've lost count of my Radiance cruises - I know it's more than 20 - and JD was the concierge the vast majority of the time. He has always been the best of the best.

Certainly there are a few who don't click with him. To each his own. I know there are very few indeed who don't look forward to spending time in JD's lounge. It's always full of laughs and fun and excellent service, too.

Gina

PS: I agree with Dizzie Di obviously!

Edited by mommabean

I thought they all did that:confused:

I've never seen anyone that recognized each person and greeted them by name (this isn't to say they aren't out there but I've not come across another who has this ability) as they walk in. Usually they ask to see the card and then greet them. When the lounge wasn't crowded JD didn't need to see a card to know who belonged. He recognized their face on day one.

It was always "oh, Hello Mr. and Mrs. So and so". I've never seen anyone who knew the vast majority of people as they walk in. Now with the larger crowds, I don't know if he is still able to memorize all the faces. Also, I'm not on board as much to see for myself.

So basically, if others are looking at the faces, there is no hint, that I can see, that they remember the name that goes with the face.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

In my experience, I've watched JD for years greet suite guests individually by name in most cases as they come in the door for the first time. When the lounge isn't over crowded, he made the effort to look at each person's seapass picture so he would recognize them as they came in.

While in Australia we enjoyed meeting and spending time with quite a few suite guests. Many of them actually commented to us how much they liked JD. This was brought up because Aussies, being not so familiar with a tipping culture, wanted to know how to handle taking care of him since he took such good care of them.

I've lost count of my Radiance cruises - I know it's more than 20 - and JD was the concierge the vast majority of the time. He has always been the best of the best.

Certainly there are a few who don't click with him. To each his own. I know there are very few indeed who don't look forward to spending time in JD's lounge. It's always full of laughs and fun and excellent service, too.

Gina

PS: I agree with Dizzie Di obviously!

Guess I have just come across some,who knew me by name.....and the only reason is the pictures...

Although I do have to add that I was commenting on the attention JD pays to suite guests, not just those of us who are frequent cruisers whether or not we are in suites. It was stated that he ignores suite guests which has never been the case in my 20+ cruises on RD.

If other concierges do this when all their passengers walk in the door, I've not seen it, which isn't to say it doesn't happen somewhere. I admit to not having met all concierges. ;) I generally see them check cards if I'm there the first night as new guests walk in.

Gina

Although I do have to add that I was commenting on the attention JD pays to suite guests, not just those of us who are frequent cruisers whether or not we are in suites. It was stated that he ignores suite guests which has never been the case in my 20+ cruises on RD.

If other concierges do this when all their passengers walk in the door, I've not seen it, which isn't to say it doesn't happen somewhere. I admit to not having met all concierges. ;) I generally see them check cards if I'm there the first night as new guests walk in.

Gina

I first noticed it in 2004.....on my Alaska cruise.The concierge showed us the pics and told us that's how she knows names.

We have been on 5 cruises with JD and he really is the Best Of The Best. Anyone who has had a "problem" with JD was likely asking for something the Concierge is not permitted to do or had some feeling of entitlement that they we more important than everyone else on the ship.

Consider yourself very fortunate anytime you sail with JD - what a pro.

We have been on 5 cruises with JD and he really is the Best Of The Best. Anyone who has had a "problem" with JD was likely asking for something the Concierge is not permitted to do or had some feeling of entitlement that they we more important than everyone else on the ship.

Consider yourself very fortunate anytime you sail with JD - what a pro.

Absolutely. I know of people who tried to work the system with JD by cheating. When it didn't go over, I've heard the same people bad mouth him. They've carried the bad mouthing over publicly to other ships and I in fact knew where their complaints really came from.

Gina

I first noticed it in 2004.....on my Alaska cruise.The concierge showed us the pics and told us that's how she knows names.

It's probably a lost art from way back then when there were few people with access. I'm not sure JD can get all the names memorized like he used to do.

I remember my first cruise in March 2004 on Navigator with a concierge named I think - Francoise. A woman. We didn't know anything about a lounge back then and I don't even remember seeing rules. I know we walked out with our drinks without knowing we weren't supposed to. But it was a bit boring in there since there was absolutely no one in there but us and the concierge. I don't remember if she knew our names but she must have since the entire week we only saw a few people wander in and out of that lounge. There weren't many names to remember.

Spring Break, Miami, 7 day cruise. Where were all the people? And now look at the place.

Gina

Currently on Brilliance. Willie told us last night that he is leaving on Nov 19 to go back to Freedom. Sascha Strack will move from DL to CL and Annis Tebbe is coming back from vacation and will be in DL.

We're doing b2b cruises and boarded 10/20. Willie has been friendly and helpful to everyone.

Thanks!!:)

Just wondering.......where will he go?? CL or DL?? And who leaves???

Edited by PH8

(Dionne Jolly)

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Rahim Fraoui(on vacation 12/01/13-01/05/14) AND Dexter Fraser till 01/05/14

(Fernando Ugalde Nadal on vacation till 12/01/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 09/29/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Willie Salaya till 11/19/13

(Sascha Strack)

(Diamond)Sascha Strack till 11/19/13

(Anis Tebbeb)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser as of 10/28/13

(Gazetty James)

(Diamond)Carlington Berry as of 10/14/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Nizar Laatiri till 12/12/13

(Denzil Fernandes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Rahul Barua as of 09/15/13

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida till 11/03/13

Willie Salaya back 11/19/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Francis Calimag

(Ruth Romo Ortiz)

(Diamond)George Gutierrez

ID Independence (Concierge) Fernando Cataldo till 11/23/13

(Raj Bhugwath)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 09/21/13

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Larisa Curduneanu as of 09/09/13

(Luca Iorio)

(Diamond)Andrew Finegold as of 09/09/13

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz till 12/07/13(Oana Papa)

(Diamond)-Mahmoud Messaoudi

(Oana Popa on vacation 10/06/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Larissa Curduneanu (Ricardo Mock)

OA Oasis (Concierge)Israel Sanchez(as of 11/02/13) and Allan Fajardo

(Diamond)Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 11/02/13

(Carolina Cullbera on vacation till 12/14/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as of 09/14/13

(Diamond)HaJeong Shim"JJ" till 01/19/14

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Amit Chattopadhyay as of 08/16/13

(Pretty Shamu)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Mario Adonis Reyes till April 2014

(Diamond) Alan del Fiero

SP Splendour–(Concierge)Gustavo Butcher(as of 09/30/13)

(Telma Santos)

(Diamond)Gisleni Araujo

VI Vision - Betsy Medrano

(Diamond)-Efren Aquirre

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong as of July '13

Yangyang Qi

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

I agree that J.D. Is among the very best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best Concierge we have had and YES he addressed us by name when we walked in the Concierge Lounge the very first time that sailing! Would love to sail with him again but have only had the opportunity once. :(

BonVoyage

Dawna