Chankanaab - Book in Advance?

CarynRenee

Hi All -

We leave on our cruise a week from today and have not had the time to do all of the research and planning that we would normally do. We are also taking our parents and 10-month old son on this trip so it's a little different than past cruises for us. And needless to say, that 10-month old baby takes up most of our free time that we used to spend planning fun stuff :)

So, while I'm embarrassed that I didn't search very far, I'm hoping that some of you nice folks will help me here.

We'd like to go to Chankanaab while we are in Cozumel. I don't think any of us will do the dolphin swim or any particular activities, but just want the beach and maybe some snorkeling.

Is it necessary to purchase park admission in advance or can we just arrive at the entrance and purchase admission when we get there? I'd prefer to just pay when we arrive, but if we should purchase in advance, does anyone know the most reputable website? I have looked at a few but can't figure out if there is an "official" site for the park or not - I seem to end up at various sites for tour operators so I'm not sure the best place to book. I think the one that I was directed to is http://discovercozumel.com.mx/index.html. Has anybody used this organization?

Also, do cabs in Cozumel have seat belts? We'd like to be able to bring the car seat for the baby.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Happy Cruising :)

The only thing I can respond to is the question about booking in advance. It was not necessary when I was there a few years ago. Don't see the advantage of booking in advance as you will have more flexibility if the weather is not the best.

Sorry, don't remember about seatbelts in the cabs but sure someone else would know that answer. Enjoy!

We just grabbed a cab to Chankanaab and paid at the door. You might be able to find coupons on their website, or pre-purchase for some savings.

We will also be sailing with a 10 month old this time. I spoke with someone in Costa Maya about the cab situation, and they said most cabs don't have seatbelts. If you're comfortable with it, It's probably easiest to hold onto your baby for the short drive to Chankanaab. We haven't decided what to do in Cozumel, but may end up doing the same thing.

I did want to mention that if you change your mind and want to participate in the dolphin encounter or swim, etc., I believe the cost of admission to the park is included in that price (and the coupon might also apply). Just a thought. I'm trying to decide on which way to go on that myself. I'll probably go with the Dolphin Encounter since I've never done that (you only live once!)... :) Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, if you book any of the swims, then admission is included.

Exactly...I wouldn't count on getting it back after the fact. If you book dolphin, sea lion, manatee in advance....then your park admission is included. :)

Archived