Latest date for GTY cabin assignment?

srphnx

We are at six days til we cruise and no cabin. Sailing has been fully sold out for some time.

I know Princess says it is possible to have to wait till you get to the pier to get a cabin but in our experience this is very rare.

From those who have sweated out the wait, what is the closest to sailing Princess has cut it for you?

Our previous record was 30 days.

*no matter what we get we will be happy, that is not an issue, but would love to print out luggage tags...

In the era of the bar coded luggage tag we certainly hope we get the assignment prior to leaving home some 12 hours before the cruise, hand written tags would nearly certainly delay luggage delivery.

In the era of the bar coded luggage tag we certainly hope we get the assignment prior to leaving home some 12 hours before the cruise, hand written tags would nearly certainly delay luggage delivery.

The bar codes may be used to prove that the luggage made it to the ship, but I doubt they are used by the people who bring luggage to your cabin.

I hope you find out soon. On all of my Princess guarantees I've gotten a cabin assignment well before sailing. I've only sailed on Carnival once but on that one I didn't know what cabin I was in until I arrved at the pier.

This morning personalizer mocked us with "5 days until your next cruise" and a blank spot in stateroom.
Yes. It's "locked" five days before sailing. You can still download your cruise docs as a PDF. I believe if there is a cabin assignment, it'll be updated. Not sure about that but it's worth checking. You can also call Princess or have your TA check.

Pam,

Where do you get the word "locked" from and can you elaborate?

If they would update it with a cabin number in your opinion, what did the lock do?

Calling Princess does nothing but bring out an annoyed tone, something I don't get from them often.

I fully expect the TA to be less helpful and as such haven't called.

Update:

It is rare that I am wrong, my wife would argue that but anyway. I must here and now admit I was wrong about the TA, had them call and while I did not get a cabin number I did get a time frame for getting one which "should be today or tomorrow".

Pam,

Where do you get the word "locked" from and can you elaborate?

If they would update it with a cabin number in your opinion, what did the lock do?

Calling Princess does nothing but bring out an annoyed tone, something I don't get from them often.

I fully expect the TA to be less helpful and as such haven't called.

By locked, Pam means that passengers cannot make any changes to the personalizer during the five days before the cruise. You cannot update things like the immigration data, or sign up for an excursion or a spa treatment.

Update:

It is rare that I am wrong, my wife would argue that but anyway. I must here and now admit I was wrong about the TA, had them call and while I did not get a cabin number I did get a time frame for getting one which "should be today or tomorrow".

Good luck with your cabin. On an Alaska trip once we got our cabin 2 days before we boarded and we were doing a pre cruise at the time!

We have also gotten to the pier and been given an upgrade--that is where the luggage can get mixed up. We just went down to our "old" cabin and picked up the luggage and brought it back to our cabin!

The latest we received our cabin assignment was four days before our cruise. I did not have time to print our luggage tags. Getting ones from the porter and writing in our cabin number did not seem to slow our luggage. All the pieces arrived by mid-afternoon before we sailed.

Yes. It's "locked" five days before sailing. You can still download your cruise docs as a PDF. I believe if there is a cabin assignment, it'll be updated. Not sure about that but it's worth checking.

The boarding pass and the luggage tag will have the cabin assignment if one has been assigned.

As Pam says, these are still available after you can no longer make changes yourself.

Maybe you will be rewarded with an awesome upgrade!

Wouldn't that be nice for the OP! I hope you get one! Your cruise is so close now you may not know until you get to the pier. I'm with you, if I booked a guarantee I wouldn't be too happy not knowing until right before I sailed. But, I hear it does happen.

Good luck:):):)

Edit: Sorry didn't read all the way through the thread. OP I hope you get your assignment in the next day or two!

I hope Princess surprises you with a great big ole upgrade! :):):) I know about your wait for a cabin assignment because I've been following your roll call to help bide my time until our 12/17 Sapphire cruise date.

Sphinx

We didn't know our cabin until we got to the pier on the Golden in Oct. 2001. The porters had to check the printed/typed manifest and we found that we'd been upgraded from the Plaza deck guarantee, to Aloha, 303-a handicapped room. That was in the day before the printed boarding passes. We've been spoiled every since.

We are now about 48 days from our cruise with no cabin assignment on the Ruby Princess for Jan. 22. We are hoping for a nice upgrade, but compared to you, now, we shouldn't be anxious, just yet!

Have a great cruise!! Lynne

Four (4) days and counting down....

We know it is possible to get all the way to the ship before getting a cabin but that begs the question, to what end?

In the days before internet and instant information you could make the case but I just can't see why a sold out cruise is taking two weeks to assign a cabin.

There just aren't that many variables to plug in to place with most cabins already assigned and most of the work done by a computer. Human decisions per voyage have to be at an all time low.

I understand that it can take up till the last day to decide, I am having trouble with why it is taking that long.

Does Princess hire from the post office lay offs?

(low blow I suppose)

Thanks for providing hope. Your one day ahead is the current record, I would be happy if it stands.

A little "birdy" told me today that they should be "berthing" cabins (which I guess is Princess-speak for assigning cabins) for your voyage in the next day or so. :) Good luck!

LOL,

Next day or so is about all there is left. Tuesday through Wednesday = next day.... Thursday and Friday = so.

Saturday I will be there scratching at the hull. :D

A little "birdy" told me today that they should be "berthing" cabins (which I guess is Princess-speak for assigning cabins) for your voyage in the next day or so. :) Good luck!

Archived