Whoa.... A LOT of Posts

sail7seas

Well I am still here. It seems like lots of people have gone out for the evening. Something We have not done in 30 years. We used to call it amatuer night. Now it seems like it is just nicer to be home, safe and with the one (s) you love. Did the Times Square once in my life and thought Never Ever Again. I was 17.

Chris

Is this being played out on any other boards? I know there was a much smaller thread on the "Ask a Cruise Question" board. Maybe if we put a plea out on the other boards????........ Thoughts?

I posted a thread on the Carnival board and just as it was starting to really move the mods moved it (or somebody red tirangled it) to the floataway lounge = kind of like shooting yourself in the foot don't ya' think?:confused::D

Well I am still here. It seems like lots of people have gone out for the evening. Something We have not done in 30 years. We used to call it amatuer night. Now it seems like it is just nicer to be home, safe and with the one (s) you love. Did the Times Square once in my life and thought Never Ever Again. I was 17.

Chris

Funny. One of my daughter's friends just drove all night to get to NYC because seeing the ball drop is on her bucket list. My daughter is watching the festivities in downtown Nashville and their version of the ball dropping. Husband and I are getting a Redbox movie and drinking some great red wine. He didn't understand why we can't go out to eat. We could but just don't want to wait. Said "I don't think the restaurants are going to be crowded." I disagree. In our town, the restaurants are packed every day of the week by 4:30 p.m. so NYE is going to be nuts. I would rather be at home, safe and sound.

I posted a thread on the Carnival board and just as it was starting to really move the mods moved it (or somebody red tirangled it) to the floataway lounge = kind of like shooting yourself in the foot don't ya' think?:confused::D

I have never even looked at the Floataway Lounge. Will check it out. Today, I just found out there was a forum for food. The things you discover.

Does anyone think that CC will acknowledge whoever posts the 30 millionth message? Maye give them a door sign or something?

Unfortunately no = Laura S said that they would have no way to know. All you can do is watch the board and wonder if you were the magic person.

It really doesn't matter - if we get there - we all contributed:):)

Yes it is unfortunate they moved the Carnival thread to the Floataway Lounge because posts there do not Count :( So that thread does no good over there. Many years ago it did count which is how some of the CCers that had been around for a long time have such a large count to their numbers.

A forum for food? Where? I always just look at the main HAL page and then which ever applies to my cruises. Cooking and reading are 2 of my favorite things.

I love cooking!

It is under "Cruise Foodies" in the Cruise Conversations board. Go past the Ports of Call area.

Did anyone notice if the total posts count dropped when that thread was moved?

I know individuals don't get an increase in their own post count when they post on that board, but don't know if those posts count toward the grand total.

We went for an early dinner with our good friends to avoid being on the road with the 'rookies' and are now home. Hope to see the magic number before midnight.

We call it amateur night here -- along with home football games, St Patrick's day, Halloween, and several other nights

I never knew that Lisa, I wondered how someone could have 50K posts and still have a life. You are always so good with information. tell us some more cool things that us relative newcomers would like to know.

Chris

Oh I could give you all kinds of useless, oh I mean useful information :D But since it is New Years Eve, I need a Bloody Mary, a Margarita or a glass of Champagne first ;)

Yes it is unfortunate they moved the Carnival thread to the Floataway Lounge because posts there do not Count :( So that thread does no good over there. Many years ago it did count which is how some of the CCers that had been around for a long time have such a large count to their numbers.

Never knew that! Thanks for letting me know!

You right ahead Lisa, after all it is New Years Eve and useless, usefull info. is what these boards are all about. I jst had a cup of tea and a cranberry walnut muffin. If I started with the champagne I would never make it to 10 or maybe 9 pm.

Chris

Did anyone notice if the total posts count dropped when that thread was moved?

I know individuals don't get an increase in their own post count when they post on that board, but don't know if those posts count toward the grand total.

I didn't even realize it was moved until I checked my subscribed threads - so I would have no way of knowing.

From what Lisa says, I am guessing we lost all those posts.

Guess we should be grateful that our mods 'see the light' when it comes to this. I just don't get why they moved it. but c'est la vie.

So much for trying on another board:mad: They were on side, but there were mods (or someone who wanted to red triangle it) weren't

Oh well:mad:

I never knew that either! Is that the only forum that's this way? When a thread gets moved there does everybody who posted on it lose them from their total, or is it just from that point on that posts don't count?

I never knew that either! Is that the only forum that's this way? When a thread gets moved there does everybody who posted on it lose them from their total, or is it just from that point on that posts don't count?

That is actually a good question but I think if you posted before it was moved your post count remains, or at least I think so:confused:

Archived