Sungirl goes LIVE from the Century - New Zealand/Australia 12/12/11

KCSungirl

Thank you so much, KCSungirl. I have just caught up with your entertaining blog.

It was all the more enjoyable because I was on the same cruise, so was able to relive the trip.

In addition, the Cook Islands are my favourite islands. Next time you'll have to pick a better time of year and include Aitutaki, the most beautiful atoll in the Cook Islands.

Thank you to everyone who took time to post. I really appreciate the applause. Just wish I had a video of me falling on my ass at the sheep show, as that would get a huge applause! Leave it to me to upstage a sheep. I

Jennie- I locked my FB page again, so you can send me a request. I had unlocked the page temporarily so anyone could view it.

PS. I gained 5 lbs. All Diet Coke and potatoes/bread. I missed my Quik Trip and Sonic Ice Teas. I missed Panera salads/soups/sandwiches really bad. ;-)

No more Diet Coke unless it is an emergency! I love it, but poison.

Could you unlock your facebook page would love to view from your trip. Thanks for such a great review, we are going 1-4-13

Hello friends. I promised a mini review on the cruise but I have not found the time yet to write. I have two pressing issues that need attention.

First, if you followed my blog, you will remember that I took a very bad fall on my Queenstown excursion. The good news is I am recovering well thanks to ibuprofen. The bad news is I burned a hole in my stomach with the ibuprofen. I have been kind of sick. I can't tolerate that much Advil. I am so upset because there is a bottle of Hornitos Agave with my name on it in Cancun and if this ulcer medicine doesn't kick in soon it will certainly compromise my vacation.

Secondly, I never mentioned that I have a special boy in my life. His name is Scout. He is a 15 year old Lhasa Apso doggy. Scout was diagnosed with a liver tumor over a year and a half ago. I have a team of vets that have given him wonderful palliative care. When I was leaving for Auckland, the Vet told me that Scout would not live til Christmas. My DH and I were terribly upset leaving town, but we knew that Scout would have the very best care from the very best Grandma. Scout thrived under Grandma's devotion and 24/7 vigil and he is still with us. It is one day at a time and I devote a lot of time to his care at the moment. I know there will be sad days ahead for me.

So that's the update for you, but I will get a review done hopefully sooner rather than later.

I want to give a shout out to Astrocat if you are still out there. The IMB link to Black Sheep was hilarious. I watched the trailer and it was so perfect. Puts a different spin on those sheep I loved so much.

Hope everyone is staying warm as it has turned very cold in Fairyland.

Party On.........................

• 2 weeks later...

Sun girl, I hope you got that annoying medicine repercussion dealt with! And Scout -- it sounds like he feels so cherished on earth, he just can't bear to leave! Perhaps by now he has slipped away, but one thing seems totally evident. No dog could have asked for a more loving group of caregivers.

Most recent two posters: just go to Post #1 and read, and enjoy. KCSungirl's words paint pictures! They enthrall!

Ain't travel grand?

• 8 months later...

Paige, I so enjoyed reading your trip report - even though you've been back from your vacation for over 9 months! I stumbled across it after I did a search of the Celebrity boards for "Queenstown." I am considering the same overland excursion you booked - but from Milford Sound to Dunedin in January 2014. After I read about your 2-day Celebrity excursion, I started at the beginning and read your entire trip report. Knowing that you had always booked independent port tours - your love of the Celebrity excursion to Queenstown gave added weight to your recommendation of "DO NOT PASS THIS UP"! Thank you!

Archived