Final Payment Date

euro cruiser

I'm feeling particularly obtuse at the moment and I need help.

We have booked a cruise on HAL in May 2012 and paid a deposit. I remember at the time that I made the deposit I had to call HAL and ask how much was required, because no where on the on-line reservation form did it spell out an amount for the deposit.

Now I'm wondering when the final payment is due and I can't find that either anywhere on my reservation page.

Is it me? Is the date there and I'm overlooking it, or is the HAL web site really that inadequate?

I just spoke to someone at HAL - the phone folks don't deal with the web site so he had no idea, but he was able to give me the final payment date.

It's just unbelieveable to me that such simple, yet important information isn't readily available. I have been over every page related to this reservation and have not found one mention of the final payment. All it tells me is the balance due, but not when.

FWIW, the date he gave me is exactly 75 days prior to sailing.

Thanks - I went through the e-mails they sent and did finally find the date buried in the "Guest Deposit Confirmation" e-mail (one of four they sent that particular day).

This is just silly - it shouldn't be so hard to find out when to send them money. When you book on line you should be able to complete the entire process right there on the web site, with all the information you'd need.

Thanks - I went through the e-mails they sent and did finally find the date buried in the "Guest Deposit Confirmation" e-mail (one of four they sent that particular day).

This is just silly - it shouldn't be so hard to find out when to send them money. When you book on line you should be able to complete the entire process right there on the web site, with all the information you'd need.

Sadly HAL's site won't show you dates for anything like when you made a deposit -- when final payment is due. And it doesn't make any difference whether you book directly with HAL or through a TA , etc.

Our TA sends us a copy of our confirmation showing us everything within a couple of days of booking a cruise.

Should you want to book anything -- like dinner reseravtions at the speciality reservations, shore excursions, etc., -- you need that confirmation number to book them.

Yes -- 75 days before the cruise date is normal for the final payment.

We recently had the same experience - I knew I'd seen it 'somewhere' many weeks before, so searched the website for ages getting increasingly frustrated. Finally it dawned on me that it was a PDF attached to an e-mail!

You'd think it logical to include such information on the website seeing as you can make payments there:confused::rolleyes:

At least we'll know next time:)

We recently had the same experience - I knew I'd seen it 'somewhere' many weeks before, so searched the website for ages getting increasingly frustrated. Finally it dawned on me that it was a PDF attached to an e-mail!

You'd think it logical to include such information on the website seeing as you can make payments there:confused::rolleyes:

At least we'll know next time:)

My guess is that it is not on the website because the actual final due date can change depending on the type of booking (e.g., group, holiday, length, etc.). That's probably why it is only on the invoice itself.

Just my guess.

My guess is that it is not on the website because the actual final due date can change depending on the type of booking (e.g., group, holiday, length, etc.). That's probably why it is only on the invoice itself.

Just my guess.

And I think it's a good one.

I don't quite know why some find it hard to find the final payment date in the customer copy PDF sent by email as it's shown fairly clearly, at least I've always thought so on the copies I've received.

Sitting in my hotelo room looking at the Rotterdam docked across the street and which we will shortly board. Just checked my folder of papers. Have several guest confirmation copies and all have the due date. It is in the bottom right of the Price Breakdown setion in the middle of the page. Right under that section are the various cancellation penalty dates and amounts. Do people not read and retain these copies?

It's easy to find once you know where it is.

Yes, though you actually have to read the emails HAL sends especially one called "Guest Deposit Confirmation". ;)

It's also a relatively easy programming job to calculate and display a due date on the web site, regardless of how many variables there are.

More details online would be an asset.

We have never once received a "Guest Deposit Confirmation" email from HAL. All our information has been from our TA - I usually ask for it and have been told that they are not supposed to give it to us - by order of the agency I suspect rather than HAL.

One thing to note is that on certain cruises - like the Grand Cruises - the penalty date is different from the final payment date - so it is wise to check that as the penalty date is usually before the final payment date.

I found it on line!

After logging into my account, I clicked on the reservation for this cruise. At this point there are four options I could click on (Purchase, View My Itinerary, Make/View On Line Payment, and Check in On Line).

When I clicked on "View My Itinerary" a page comes up with day to day listings by passenger. At the top of this page there are six tabs to choose from (Home, Itinerary, Shore Excursions, Indulgences, Spa, Dining). When I chose "Home" there is a notification line that tells me what is owed and the date it is due.

Phew! That's a lot of work to find it, but it is there.

Archived