Do End-Of Cruise Comment Cards Change Anything?

That is very disappointing to hear. On the Jewel TA and repositioning cruises, the art auctions were held in some location other than the Centrum and were, therefore, much less intrusive and annoying.:) If they reappear in the Centrum on our next Jewel cruise, I will be sure to complain on my comment card and perhaps to some of the ship's staff who would be able to change things.

As usual, Bill, I am in complete agreement with you !!!:D

When we were on the Jewel a week ago we asked Marya (our bar tender in the CL) which is more beneficial to them.....the WOW cards or their name mentioned on the surveys. She told us that the surveys were better. She also said that there has been mix ups with the WOW cards. Some of the cards are getting turned in to guest relations and the staff member is never made aware that they received the card.

Marya is a doll and does a wonderful job in the HO when it is used as the satellite CL and is well deserving of any excellent mentions in the surveys. Her husband, Ali, is a great guy as well.:)

When we were on the Jewel a week ago we asked Marya (our bar tender in the CL) which is more beneficial to them.....the WOW cards or their name mentioned on the surveys. She told us that the surveys were better. She also said that there has been mix ups with the WOW cards. Some of the cards are getting turned in to guest relations and the staff member is never made aware that they received the card.

That is actually what I was told by Raul in the DL on the Freedom.

The comment cards get more mileage.

They only have WOW cards at the pier where you check-in. Somehow my husband and I ended up with two cards last week. My mother's check-in agent didn't give her any. She figured she would ask onboard. When she went to guest relations they told her they are not allowed to have them onboard for fear that the guest relations staff might take them and give them out to those crew members they are friends with.

We gave our second card to my mom.

She gave it to her room steward, who was retiring in a couple of weeks. I told her that wasn't the best idea (although I know he earned it). I explained how it works and she felt silly for giving it to a guy who was retiring. Oh well!

We have never received WOW cards. However I always fill in every inch of the comment card with positives and suggestions for improvement. If someone does an outstanding job, I ask to speak to the group manager. I personally tell the manager how pleased we are with the employee's service.

Also, we always get a follow up email to rate our most recent cruise.

I disagree with part of this. We paid Park West directly using a credit card on numerous occasions. Never billed to our Sea pass! Also, art auctions are back, like it or not!

I stand corrected. I've never bought any art so I didn't know personally. I got that assumption while reading various news articles regarding people complaining/suing that the reason they were adding Royal Caribbean to various law suits was because it was billed to their Sea Pass account. I guess they were going after Royal Caribbean because they contracted with Park West, were aware of the problems that have happened for quite a while, rather than handling the transaction.

Thank you for correcting my mistake.

Tucker in Texas

Upon leaving a ship one time for an exploration, we were taken through the first level which is usually for crew members only. We noticed a huge bulletin board covered with copies of surveys. There were many posted with crew members names mentioned in the comments. We felt that this was RCI's way of recognizing their members for outstanding service.

I always fill the surveys out completetly and write extra in the margins and on the back. I feel they do read them and act on them. Having sailed on the Allure, I think some of my suggestions were used to build that amazing ship :)

Upon leaving a ship one time for an exploration, we were taken through the first level which is usually for crew members only. We noticed a huge bulletin board covered with copies of surveys. There were many posted with crew members names mentioned in the comments. We felt that this was RCI's way of recognizing their members for outstanding service.

I always fill the surveys out completetly and write extra in the margins and on the back. I feel they do read them and act on them. Having sailed on the Allure, I think some of my suggestions were used to build that amazing ship :)

Hmmm..

is there any place to e-mail RCCL to suggest they have them more readily available? Prehaps along with check in, they e-mail one with docs???? Along with an explanation of what and how to use???

They actually put them word for word into the computer and are available for staff and crew to read at any time. Our son worked on one of the ships we've sailed more than once, and on which he had been a guest before he worked for RCI. He went back and found our older comment cards on line.

Archived