Our b2b on Journey part 1 27dec

uktog

Hi everyone

Just logging in to say we are safely on board the beautiful Azamara Journey and everything is going really well. Some have been asking about our trip to Iguazu - I will post the details of how we did it but it all worked 100% and all we can say to anyone thinking about it you have to do it the falls are unbelievable.

In BA we used Fred from silver star cars - excellent recommend 100%. He is from the USA and his brother loves Azamara so you are in great hands. We stayed in the Hilton. Excellent very safe location as its in the old port area and monitored by CCTV and Coastguard police 24 hrs a day. We were very impressed with the service there.

When we arrived at the port in Buenos Aires oh dear it was a zoo on the road several ships embarking and we feared disaster. I should have known better this is Azamara. Whilst people from the other lines were struggling, Azamara had staff every 10 feet or so, we were passed on by each person to their colleague so no hassle no risk of getting lost, it was top drawer perfect! You have to go on a short bus ride over to the ship again handled very well arrive on board and the usual great Azamara welcome.

Our passports were taken to allow the cruise line to manage all the complex papers and we were invited to make timed bookings for new years eve. There are to be special ensues in all restaurants and they want to manage arrivals in Discoveries - makes sense!

We have already eaten in Prime C it's as good as ever, in fact everything is as good as ever

Those who were asking about excursions today in Punta del Este we went on the tour that gave us an oversight of the city and visited the Rali Museum. We enjoyed it a lot, as we are coming back here on the next trip we also looked out for DIY options. There were a few taxis drivers at the pier offering city trips, there are nice beaches just by the tender drop off but we saw others about a five min drive away that may be nicer.

So far A 100% well I think it is but as ever the wine flows v v well! Any questions just ask

Ann

Hello Ann -

Thanks for the good news!

Have an Azamazing vacation as you sail into the New Year!

Best wishes,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I have been remiss in keeping up to date with this posting suffice it to say, I am having such a good time on board I forget to post sorry!

Well Mother Nature had some cruel plans for Azamara and the plans to have a crew and guest party on deck had to be abandoned at 10pm as it was raining. But this is Azamara and they sorted everything out so we had brilliant parties in the Looking Glass on Deck 10 and in the show lounge. They had gone to so much trouble - hats for the men and feather tiaras for the ladies, a beautiful ice carving of 2011 was in place and on the stroke of midnight the last number was manhandled away and we had a lovely 2012 carving. Champagne flowed and we all ignored the rain which was very light by then and went on deck to watch the most amazing Fireworks ever. A really great entertainer was on board and it was well after 2 am before most started wandering for bed.

This morning we have arrived in Buzios, it is damp but the issue is strong winds. The local tender authorities who we are supposed to use have stopped tendering and we have just watched Captain Jason take a ships lifeboat out to see if that is a tender option - having seen how it pitched and rolled and the fact that he did not test all the way ashore we are expecting the next announcement to say Buzios is cancelled. I do feel for the Entertainment staff, they had to do so much reworking to give us a fantastic experience last night and it looks like its another rework today. I just hope no one gives the fantastic crew any heat over this. They have just served us a wonderful New Years brunch a great idea after a late night!

The cruise is excellent honestly cannot fault anything within Azamara's control- and I did not pack my rose tinted glasses. The strong South American mix has had its interesting moments, there are also quite a lot of children on board, most are really nice and want to practice their English with you in the hot tub, I have no problem there but I think some have. My problem is with the crying child who seems very unhappy, she is about 1, and her extended family do not take her out when she is disturbing others. I did see a Restaurant Manager have a quiet word with the family so you cannot blame Azamara on that one.

Rio was quite crazy with very long lines to go up Sugar Loaf. We were on an organised tour through the ship and we seemed to fair better than some with private guides in terms of how our guide organised our group.

So it's 10/10 for this trip only Mother Nature has stopped us giving it 12/10!,

Hi uktog,

Great to hear you are enjoying another Azamara cruise. I am soooo jealous!! I just checked in to see if there were any posts as we have friends we met on Journey in April currently on board with you! They are fellow Scots - Clephane and Jim. If you meet them say "hiya" from Madeleine and Mark and we look forward to hearing all about the trip when they get back.

Thanks to Yogaga for posting the fireworks video, I think it beats the Edinburgh Castle ones this year.......even though it was dry for the bells :D for a change.

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Maddie

this was a great cruise.. rain was not the problem as the winds and rough seas alte afternoon on the 29th.

the ports were still fun and plenty of sun. a couple tours were not as good as we all hoped... oh well.

signed up for 5 more cruises so that is 7 to see the world.

Well here we are about to start the second leg of our cruise - where did the first leg go? The weather was a little unkind in Buzios and Parati but we were rewarded with a perfect day yesterday in Rio such that I have crystal clear images at Corcovado.

We did not go ashore in Buzios the tender ride was rough and it was really wet. Some who went ashore came straight back, others said it was a great day so I suppose it is what you are it. We saw it as an extra at sea day

Parati has a 25 min tender ride. The bay is very shallow. Again Mother nature decided rain should be around for part of the day. Our excursions still went ahead it was a 4 x 4 jeep trip to waterfalls, the gold trail and a distillery. It was a really nice trip - no shopping just nature. The drivers were very good there were 7 landrovers out and a lead guide who gave us all the details at each stop. Parati is a very pretty place and we hope to enjoy better weather on our next visit on Thursday.

Our return to Rio was greeted with a perfect day and we were able to see Corcovado completely cloud free so our less good weather on 31st 1st and 2nd- it was great until then could be overlooked for this perfect day. Our evening trip to Plataforma was ok. The show was very good, the meal before hand less so but I guess we are now spoilt by the food,service and cleanliness on board.

Wednesday is change over day and this has been handled very well we have our new keys already so it will be a lazy no hassle day for us - we hope!!

Archived