Does NCL still do Bar setup?

Tumbleweed01

They still do the bar set up. Now, you get that by calling the reservation desk vs the group event coordinator. 48 hours seems too tight....do it at least two weeks in advance. They don't have a price list to send to you....just ask for what you want and if they have it, they will give you a price over the phone.

I've read older posts that NCL will do a bar set up if called in 48 hrs early. Anyone have any information on this?

We have never done a bar set up but I found this doing a CC search.

From bakeritin in September.

The NCL bar setup is just a liter bottle of the chosen booze...no mixers, nuts or little umbrellas.

Although not advertised, it appears that NCL still does this.

The contact is via e-mail (groupeventDawn@NCL.com <<replace Dawn with your ship's name>>

Ask for the booze of your choice...they will respond .... if they don't have your brand / selection, they will offer something similar. They typically do not respond for a request for a "price list", although some have been posted here on NCL.

If your sailing is a long way off, they may not respond quickly...they concentrate on those sailings for the next few weeks.

Give it a try.

and...here is a list that I found on CC that should give you some idea...prices may be different now

Bar Setup list:

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $ 63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $83.00

GIN

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

Beefeater $63.00

And from Aquabug, also in September.

I just got off the phone and placed my order. :D Below is what the emailed me the other day...

Dear Denise,

I hope this email finds you well.

Please advise your reservation number. I do not have a bar menu to send out, however

if you have a brand or type of liquor that you are interested in, please let me know and I

will find out its availability and pricing.

Mixers are to be requested onboard the ship.

Prices are subject to change.

Please be advised that the bar set up has to be prepaid with a single credit card No later

than one week prior to your sailing, and is non-refundable.

If you don't feel comfortable sending the information via email, please feel free to give me a

call 800 327 – 9020 X 7609. M – F (10 am – 7 pm EST)

Best regards,

Group Event Coordinator Star

We have never done a bar set up but I found this doing a CC search.

From bakeritin in September.

The NCL bar setup is just a liter bottle of the chosen booze...no mixers, nuts or little umbrellas.

Although not advertised, it appears that NCL still does this.

The contact is via e-mail (groupeventDawn@NCL.com <<replace Dawn with your ship's name>>

Ask for the booze of your choice...they will respond .... if they don't have your brand / selection, they will offer something similar. They typically do not respond for a request for a "price list", although some have been posted here on NCL.

If your sailing is a long way off, they may not respond quickly...they concentrate on those sailings for the next few weeks.

Give it a try.

and...here is a list that I found on CC that should give you some idea...prices may be different now

Bar Setup list:

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $ 63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $83.00

GIN

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

Beefeater $63.00

And from Aquabug, also in September.

I just got off the phone and placed my order. :D Below is what the emailed me the other day...

Dear Denise,

I hope this email finds you well.

Please advise your reservation number. I do not have a bar menu to send out, however

if you have a brand or type of liquor that you are interested in, please let me know and I

will find out its availability and pricing.

Mixers are to be requested onboard the ship.

Please be advised that the bar set up has to be prepaid with a single credit card No later

than one week prior to your sailing, and is non-refundable.

If you don't feel comfortable sending the information via email, please feel free to give me a

call 800 327 – 9020 X 7609. M – F (10 am – 7 pm EST)

Best regards,

Group Event Coordinator Star

I don't know if it varies from ship to ship, but the Crown Royal Special Reserve was priced $120 when I purchased a bottle for our Spirit sailing in July 2011.

I just got a bottle for my room and it came with setups she said, two or three different kinds, she also said if you did not care for their mixes you can bring your own on board,

Unless something has changed very recently, NCL"s bar "setup" does not include mixers...it's the bottle(s) of liquor only. You are allowed to bring your own mixers on board.

In addition to those mentioned above, Glenlivet is available at $103.00. Also, if you booked through a TA, you may be transferred around (at NCL) while they decide if they can help you or whether you need to order the bar set-up through the TA. In my case, the TA has me in a group booking, so once they decided that they could help me, they then had to transfer me to the group booking department (who then had to transfer me around to several different people there to decide if they could help me). So allow enough time to sit on hold with NCL!

Once you have the right person and make your selection, they will charge your credit card while they have you on the phone and immediatley send you an email with attached invoice. Print the invoice just in case. We've never received any "mixers"- just the bottle of scotch and sometimes extra glasses.

They also charge you a few dollars for "set up". Maybe the person on the phone thought "set up" meant mixers, etc. I know I did at first.

The few dollars "set up fee" is now included in the price. It used to be a $3.00 fee per order and is now $3.00 per bottle.

Edited by Beaver1975

• 3 months later...

If anyone is curious, I just called the main NCL reservation line to buy a bottle for our cruise in 2 weeks (at the rates most recently posted). The very nice lady also offered me a choice of 1-3 mixers to go along with it. I'm assuming these are included in the bottle price charged to my card, but wish I would've clarified... It all happened so fast! I'll find out in 2 weeks I guess ;)

She also told me that they have the capability to process bar set-up requests through the reservation line as well as through the ship's event coordinator.

If anyone is curious, I just called the main NCL reservation line to buy a bottle for our cruise in 2 weeks (at the rates most recently posted). The very nice lady also offered me a choice of 1-3 mixers to go along with it. I'm assuming these are included in the bottle price charged to my card, but wish I would've clarified... It all happened so fast! I'll find out in 2 weeks I guess ;)

She also told me that they have the capability to process bar set-up requests through the reservation line as well as through the ship's event coordinator.

It seems they have been telling people lately (within the last few weeks) that a few mixers will come with the bottles - we are all hoping this is something new! Please report when you return as to whether you received mixers - we want to know for sure! Thanks!

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the following for 6/29 cruise:

Bailey's Irish Cream $103

Beefeater Gin $83

Captain Morgan $83

No mention of mixers - Ladies will drink Bailey's on the rocks - The Captain goes well in coke/pepsi - I'm going to be counting on the butler for some olives for the Beefeater Martini's!

Norwegian Rep recommended getting "buckets of beer" instead of ordering as part of my bar set up.

• 2 years later...

This is a copy of a list that the pre cruise concierge sent to me before my cruise... I called and was told to give about a weeks notice. Hope it helps.

When purchased a bottle(s) of liquor you are eligible to choose 3 garnishes and 3 mixers from the list below.

Choose 3 mixers:

Choice of 3 garnishes:

• Bloody Mary Mix

• Apple slices

• Pepsi

• Banana

• Club Soda

• Carrot

• Cranberry Juice

• Celery

• Diet Pepsi

• Lemon slices

• Grapefruit Juice

• Lime slices

• Orange Juice

• Maraschino Cherries

• Pineapple Juice

• Orange slices

• Sierra Mist

• Peppers

• Sweet and Sour Mix

• Pineapple wedges

• Tomato Juice

• Pitted Olives

• Tonic

• Strawberries

Type of Liquor

Price

Bottle Size

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown

$83

1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black

$103

1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve

$103

750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS

$123

750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P

$103

700 ml

Gin

Beefeater

$83

1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire

$103

1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream

$103

1 Ltr

Southern Comfort

$103

1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto

$103

1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate

$103

750 Ml

Grand Marnier

$103

1 Ltr

Kahlua

$103

1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior

$83

1 Ltr

Captain Morgan

$83

1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare

$83

1 Ltr

Glenfiddich

$103

1 Ltr

Chivas Regal

$103

1 Ltr

JW Black

$123

980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold

$83

1 Ltr

1800 Reposado

$103

750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado

$123

750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut

$103

1 Ltr

Absolut Citron

$103

1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach

$103

1 Ltr

Grey Goose

$123

1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange

$123

1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire

$123

1 Ltr

Resembles a list I posted earlier the only difference is the ODD $3.00 charge on each bottle which happens to be the service charge for service.

Do not buy the package on board if offered then the 15% gratuity fee kicks in - careful about buying anything from NCL before the ship sails (port taxes/state sales taxes/fees may apply)

- there is always them damn fees - try and avoid them by PREPURCHASING everything you can also demand the documentation (paper trail) that you have paid for and

have timely ordered your stash - do not like suprises !

I've read older posts that NCL will do a bar set up if called in 48 hrs early. Anyone have any information on this?

I am not sure 48 hours is long enough in advance. but yes, they do have it. You will be able to order your bottle and it comes with 6 mixers. We did Vodka last mouth and it was waiting for us in our cabin along with a 6 pk of tonic. I used my head and brought some lime juice with me. I don't always use my head.

unless something has changed very recently, ncl"s bar "setup" does not include mixers...it's the bottle(s) of liquor only. You are allowed to bring your own mixers on board.

i just had a bar setup in april on the breakaway, which included 3 mixers and 3 garnishes.

Since 3 mixers weren't enough of course, we brought extras on board.

i just had a bar setup in april on the breakaway, which included 3 mixers and 3 garnishes.

Since 3 mixers weren't enough of course, we brought extras on board.

If you check the dates on this thread you'll see my post was from 2011 (someone opened an inactive thread). It was correct at the time it was made.