Recent Crown Cruisers-Curacao Question

Whimsy

Since Princess has started stopping in Curacao can some of you recent cruisers tell me what beach you went to, how you got there, how much it costs and how was your day? What time did you return and was the town still open later if you spent the afternoon at the beach.

I'm 2 weeks out from sailing and still don't have a clue what to do in Curacao. We want to spend the afternoon on a beautiful beach.

Clinck on Caribbean, then go to Curacao. You will find a wealth of info on Curacao. I believe the stores close at around 5 PM on a daily basis. It seems we were there on a Fri. and the stores stayed open later. I think their closed on Sun. Check the ports of call board for accurate info.

Curacao is very easy to rent a car and drive yourself to any beach you want to visit. Reserve your rental ahead of time. They are right at the pier. They drive on the same side of the road as we do. Unless you go to a beach close to the pier, taxi fare will be more than the cost of a rental car.

We like Puerto Maria. Beautiful beach with snorkeling. It would be far better to rent a car and drive to this beach. There are a lot of nice beaches and snorkeling spots.

You can go to Curacao.com and click on beaches. It describes each beach.

Only you know what you have in mind. Try these resources to help you plan the perfect day for you. ;)

I don't think we will want a rental car.

I have checked out the Ports of Call forums and am not finding what I am looking for as for beach information. I see questions about this beach vs another beach but not a run down on here's where were went, what it was like, etc.

I have not been to Curaçao in almost 18 years. It is not known for its beaches. But it has a great area for beaches and snorkeling and diving. I would imagine that you would want to take a taxi to the Seaquarium Beach. That is the best for sandy beaches. There is a large rental center for chairs, umbrellas, etc. The aquarium is a good take as well. Curaçao has beautiful architecture and a walk across the pontoon bridge is memorable. We haven't been to Curaçao on a cruise and wouldn't know if the logistics would give you time for both beach and town. What we liked most about Curaçao as opposed to other Caribbean stops is that it is not reliant on tourism and you don't get the feel like you are in a tourist trap everywhere you look.

We were just there on Grand and it was not a good beach day so we went into town where I did get a great tanzanite pendant. One that I was searching for in other ports for over a year and could not find anything close to being a good cut. Got it here at Milano Jewelry store which was in town.

I spoke to a man who went to the beach in spite of the weather we had. He loved Sea Aquarium beach. I think he said it was 5$ each way cab fare. I am thinking he also said that was pp fare but i cannot swear to that.

When I was in Curacao I went to Lac Bay. It is a windsurfing bay, no snorkling. The water is aqua and shallow quite far out. There are facilities and a bar/restaurant there. It was a ten minute taxi ride and was $5 each way I believe.

P2040050.jpg.0143cd802f3f9c10d5476511fac7dc6a.jpg

P2040041_edited.jpg.d93c5e284bcaf1124afda57da6a31a7b.jpg

P2040047_edited.jpg.7a81d11f8515d877871f1896e43ba2ff.jpg

Here is a short video I took a couple of years ago at Kontiki beach ......a short cab ride away, with food and drink.

Hey Whimsy - This is the beach Bob & I went too....I think it use to be called Cabana Beach:confused: Anyway - it was a nice area but we snorkeled rght out in front and not so good - Whatever you do.... enjoy your day in Curacao & your Birthday cruise:D!!

We were on the Crown early November. Check your itinerary as we did not get into port until 1:00 PM. We just wondered around town, but it does seem things were closing up around 5:00, so if you do go to the beach you probably won't have time to do any shopping downtown. I know we were hanging around a bar just off the ship about 6:00, making use of their wi-fi connection and most of the people on the ship had or were making their way back.

This is from another post of some one that just came back....

The first time we were there we decided to try out the beach, we had read great things about Kon Tiki beach. Taxi ride per person was $5 each way, we went with a group of friends from the ship and arranged for the driver to come back and pick us up at a designated time. There was a nominal fee to enter the park, believe it was $5, and a small fee if you wanted to rent chairs. There was a bar and restaurant at the resort and great changing facilities. We did snorkel here and it was okay. But the best was the beach, water, and the friends.

When we go in February this is where we will go sounds GREAT. :)

Since Princess has started stopping in Curacao can some of you recent cruisers tell me what beach you went to, how you got there, how much it costs and how was your day? What time did you return and was the town still open later if you spent the afternoon at the beach.

I'm 2 weeks out from sailing and still don't have a clue what to do in Curacao. We want to spend the afternoon on a beautiful beach.

DW & I booked the Sunset Catamaran Excursion. We like the timing of it - still might give us time to explore the area a bit before the excursion.

Not much info about it (seems new), but we also haven't had too many ports where we could actually enjoy a sunset from the isles - usually the ship is already on its way to the next port.

PS: Prob some great photo ops (hint hint):D.

When I was in Curacao I went to Lac Bay. It is a windsurfing bay, no snorkling. The water is aqua and shallow quite far out. There are facilities and a bar/restaurant there. It was a ten minute taxi ride and was $5 each way I believe.

Just a quick comment - Lac Bay is in Bonaire, not Curacao....

DW & I booked the Sunset Catamaran Excursion. We like the timing of it - still might give us time to explore the area a bit before the excursion.

Not much info about it (seems new), but we also haven't had too many ports where we could actually enjoy a sunset from the isles - usually the ship is already on its way to the next port.

Yes, yes - please come back & let us know how it is - we are thinking of booking this excursion and would like to hear about it.;)

What company does this sunset cruise? I'm looking for one in July. Thanks.

What company does this sunset cruise? I'm looking for one in July. Thanks.

We're sailing Princess, but I would think other ships visiting Curacao might offer the same.

I will definitely report back about the excursion. Catamaran trips are some of our favorite memories from cruising.

Archived