Royal Site

I tried RCCl and royal caribbean. Also used different search engines and I get the same message. Currently unavailable, please check out the allure of the seas. But when i use my iphone I can see the website.

This is so frustrating.

I'm getting this on my home office computer, but if I go upstairs and use the kids' computer I can get thru to the site! very frustrating!

i had trouble for several days....finally i went in and cleared out the cookies and all that stuff from my browser and Yippeee....all was fine...

so maybe try that?? seems like it's working.....(at least until Saturday, as we all know that IT maintenance happens on weekends!):rolleyes:

I tried RCCl and royal caribbean. Also used different search engines and I get the same message. Currently unavailable, please check out the allure of the seas. But when i use my iphone I can see the website.

This is so frustrating.

that's what i was seeing...try clearing cookies and browsing history (of course, all your saved passwords if any will go bye bye...) I did that and lo and behold, all was well...

You could also try a different web browser. About 12 months ago I was having problems with the Australian site. I tried 4 different computers (2 at home & two at work) and my TA couldn't access the public site either. I changed from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome & all was well.

Yesterday I wanted to look at a panorama of a cabin. I don't think I've had this work on Chrome. (I probably need some sort of plug-in) Tried IE & it worked a treat.:)

I think this is a local cache issue. You can do several things, but perhaps the easiest is to download another browser. (Take your pick) I prefer Google Chrome, because it is fast. (And quickly becoming a very popular browser) This is, I believe, a better option, since if you clear your cache you'll lose your cookies (what a mess that is) and likely be real annoyed when you go to your favorite websites.

I think this is a local cache issue. You can do several things, but perhaps the easiest is to download another browser. (Take your pick) I prefer Google Chrome, because it is fast. (And quickly becoming a very popular browser) This is, I believe, a better option, since if you clear your cache you'll lose your cookies (what a mess that is) and likely be real annoyed when you go to your favorite websites.

i've got 3 browsers and got the same message on all of them...:eek:

i usually use Chrome, though it was very crashy for a week or so

Try different URL's (like rccl if you use the full name) or Google it. The site is up and has been. I have a feeling there's some weirdness with DNS caching. You're not the only one.

Don't think it is DNS caching. I have had no trouble accessing the site, and no troubles until I go into my reservation and try to make changes (reserve excursion, etc.)

Many places are in code lockdown the last two weeks of the year, but I wonder if they had a problem release going in to their OSS during this time.

This is so frustrating.

What browser are you using and are you getting a browser message that the site is unavailable or a Royal Caribbean message that it's unavailable? If it's the browser then like Cigar King said, you need to clean out your cache.

Don't think it is DNS caching. I have had no trouble accessing the site, and no troubles until I go into my reservation and try to make changes (reserve excursion, etc.)

I do know that a couple of months ago I was bored and did some digging. Their DNS was handing out multiple addresses (not a problem) but one of them was non responsive. Give the vast number of technical issues that RCI appears to be having, I'd say it's a safe bet that they are having multiple problems.

Hopefully they'll get them resolved. This is going to cost the company some money, and that's not what anyone needs right now.

Just as a heads up for later, the UK site has a warning they'll be doing maintenance tonight (I assume times are GMT, which would make it midnight - 4am on the US East Coast, for example). Of course, that doesn't really help if you can't get on already!

Website Maintenance

Sunday 8 January 5am - 9am

Due to website maintenance, pre-cruise planning and online bookings will be unavailable on Sunday 8th January 2012 between the hours of 5am - 9am. Other parts of the website may be affected. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

###

Archived