Taxi from Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport

cruisue

Our flat rate charge from the airport to the port was $12. And the flat rate charge the other direction was $20. We felt had both times. Just added to a distaste for cruising from Ft. lauderdale.

This may be a dumb question but why would the fare be different going to the airport as opposed to coming from the airport? That's just plain weird!

Our flat rate charge from the airport to the port was $12. And the flat rate charge the other direction was $20. We felt had both times. Just added to a distaste for cruising from Ft. lauderdale.

Here is a site to check metered rates: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami

From: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, FL

To:2200 Eller Drive, Hollywood, FL

Initial Fare $2.50

Add. Metered Fare $11.72

Tip (15%) $2.13

Estimated Taxi Fare $16.35

I think you made out OK on the $12 ride, and overpaid slightly on the $20 ride.

But it beats walking!

Edited by Oviedo32765

Here is a site to check metered rates: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami

From: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, FL

To:2200 Eller Drive, Hollywood, FL

Initial Fare $2.50

Add. Metered Fare $11.72

Tip (15%) $2.13

Estimated Taxi Fare $16.35

But it beats walking!

Not sure why you would check Miami taxi rates for a Broward County trip.

Agreed, and SuzCruise, sorry you felt "had" and have a distaste for Fort Lauderdale. It is one of the most fabulous cities we have ever had the pleasure of going to and are even considering purchasing a part-time home there in future.

OP, we have paid $11.50 and $12.30 on the meter, plus tip. Enjoy your cruise.

Not sure why you would check Miami taxi rates for a Broward County trip.

It was the only site I could find at the time.

But I have since found this pdf that shows metered rate from Fort Lauderdale International to Port Everglades as $12.00.

Edited by Oviedo32765

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
How long was the wait for a cab? There are 4 of us.

There are taxis lined up at both the airport and the cruise terminal; your wait should be only as long as it takes to get through the line. Cabbies go where the money is and a ship of disembarking passengers is always money! :)

When you exit the cruise terminal, you are directed to the taxi area if you need a lift.

The are line up in columns of three.

They just keep filling them up as cruisers fill one cab, then the next.

The man directing you will tell you what cab to get in.

If you are a larger party, and need more space, you will wait a little till a mini van gets in the front of the column.

We were hearded to the taxis in less than 2 min.

Cheaper and quicker than waiting for the RCI bus to fill.

Sea Ya

Great! I was in Baltimore when RCI sent Grandeur there and it was an absolute mess. We waited for over an hour and finally jumped out in the street to get a cab. Just want to be sure I don't need to book a shuttle.

How long was the wait for a cab? There are 4 of us.

This time there was no wait at all. We were the only ship in port so that may have made a big difference. We walked out of the terminal building and followed the signs to the taxi area. When we got to the taxi pick up area there were 2 sections, one for vans and SUVs, and other for regular taxi. We walked to the SUV area and right into a cab. FYI - this was at pier 4, the pier where Princess often docks.

In the past we have had a bit longer to wait but it has never been very long, even with multiple ships in port.

Edited by Daisyloo

How to get from fll airport to cruise port? Thanks

Taxis are all over the place.....pick up your luggage at baggage claim

and walk outside. There will be a taxi stand where a guy will ask

how many in your party? You will tell him and that you need to go

to Port Everglades.

The two-year old posts regarding flat rates are no longer valid (other than there being a surcharge when starting from FLL airport). Cabs are required to go by the meter even for the short run from port to airport, make sure it is running from the start.

• 3 months later...

rate daisyloo said for april still good. exactly 12.50 for our party of four on october 20, 2014. exactly 12.50 plus tip. we got off allure and straight to FLL.

BUT BEWARE!

at port they'll put 1-3 people in the cars and then 4+ in the vans or bigger vehicles. when we got out, meter was 12.50 but the guy said $20! he says bigger vehicle and more bags is extra. i told him meter was 12.50 and right at the pier it clearly states meter rate, no flat rates (there is a big sign).

he kept insisting this is how it is for the bigger vehicles. i told him again, meter says 12.50. after about a minute of this, i took my $15 i had ready, and gave him exactly $12.50 and walked away. told him he gives florida a black eye.

watch out for this, it's meter rate and meter rate no matter what the vehicle's size. don't fall for it or be guilted into it. this company had 954-999-9999 on the side of the tahoe.

also, we stayed at quality inn on sterling because they pick up from airport and will take you to the pier for free and they were hard selling pickup at ship and take to airport for $10 a person. told them why when cab is 12.50, maybe 15 if lots of traffic, for all 4 of us?? it was 'yah, good luck getting that rate' and 'lmk if you really do that because i don't think so'.

don't think i'll actually take time to tell them it is the case because they know better, just trying to get you to pay $10 each. company they use btw is KSA.

cabs are simple and easy and it's also no trouble to get bigger vehicle like we did. only thing we saw was that there is a $3 surcharge if your taxi originates at FLL airport, so FLL to pier would be $3 more than back.

• 1 month later...