Refunds

DieHard

If anyone is waiting for a refund from HAL you have a long wait. I have been waiting since 12 Dec 2011.

It was to take 7 to 10 days. Then it went to 7 to 10 working days. Next came the next billing cycle. Finally they don't know.

I told them this is uncalled for because when I pay them money if shows up on my bank statement immediately.

So, lucks of luck getting a refund.

We learned something VERY interesting here a month or two ago.

Someone, like you, thought they had waited an excessive amount of time for a refund.

The person who posted a response works for a credit card company and (s)he informed us that a great many times it is not the cruise line who has held up the credit, it is the credit card company but the customer rarely knows that.

Contact your credit company and ask if they are holding it up....... not that they will always be direct and accurate. Sometimes any company will say whatever it is they know you want to hear.

Something to think about.

If they have acknowledged they owe you money, you will get it.

If anyone is waiting for a refund from HAL you have a long wait. I have been waiting since 12 Dec 2011.

It was to take 7 to 10 days. Then it went to 7 to 10 working days. Next came the next billing cycle. Finally they don't know.

I told them this is uncalled for because when I pay them money if shows up on my bank statement immediately.

Wow:eek: I am assuming this is a deposit refund and that you booked directly with HAL?:confused:

I would certainly be doing a letter or email to them now. I'm afraid I wouldn't have been as patient as you

I've had refunds from HAL . They showed up within 10 working days .

Deposits sometimes take 5 days to show on by credit card . I check my

balances on line.

I too would bet it is the card. By sitting on that $ before putting it into your account, they're making money on it and you're not getting credit--double bonus! Just the law of large #s. It is like escrow accounts on your mortgage, both are a $ making scheme by the bank.

Just look @ the simple #s. Say the company has 5m card holders and 1% of their card holders get $100 refunds into their respective account a day and that company sits on refunds for 5 days... Each day $5m is being added to that lump account and will be there for 5 days!

Math: 5 million customers x .01 = 50,000 accts x $100 = $5m daily.

I'd fault the card before HAL.

Derek

A few months ago HAL owed me a refund for an overcharge. I had paid the credit card bill in full, yet did not see the refund applied.

Eventually, I sent an angry e-mail to HAL asking just what was the hold up.

The credit had been issued in a couple of days. It was the credit card company that had not posted it.

Lesson to be learned: be careful where you direct your anger.

A few months ago HAL owed me a refund for an overcharge. I had paid the credit card bill in full, yet did not see the refund applied.

Eventually, I sent an angry e-mail to HAL asking just what was the hold up.

The credit had been issued in a couple of days. It was the credit card company that had not posted it.

Lesson to be learned: be careful where you direct your anger.

No, BOA never received anything. If my cruise wasn't paid in full (Which I did a long time ago) I would have received the refund when I Made final payment. Now it can up to 90 days. Next time I will not make final payment until the day it is due in case something comes up.

What kind of refund are you waiting for? When we canceled a pre-booked excursion the refund was given in less than a week.

Archived