How much does Tux hire cost?

Alex uk

I don't know whether to hire one or whether it would be worth investing in one. We cruise on the Disney Fantasy this year and the Allure next year, so that's at least four formal nights right there.

How much do they charge per rental please?

Can these be ordered once onboard or do you have to book before you sail?

As were not sure when the formal nights are and could be doing other stuff them nights..!

Great link love this forum so many helpful people..

Jason

Can these be ordered once onboard or do you have to book before you sail?

Jason

I had no problem at all renting a tux after I boarded the ship. In fact there will be specific times in the Compass that tells you when they are available and where they will be.

I can only speak for myself though. If you have "odd" measurements, there might be a problem but I seen plenty of guys in all sizes getting measured on board.

I believe they keep a pretty decent stock on board all their ships.

Make sure you try it on as soon as you get it to make sure it all fits. If something doesnt fit right, there will be a # you can call and they will come directly to your cabin with replacements.

I considered buying one a few years ago. The only time I would use a tux is on a cruise. If had bought my own and had to pack it, it would have meant another suit case and baggage fees. I decided to rent from RCI.

Agreed, less aggravation to rent. No worries about pressing it either. Just make sure you try it on ASAP in case they make a mistake...or in case you fibbed about your measurements.;)

I have rented, it is convenient, the price is not too bad, and service is great in my experience. But I like having my own.

As far as baggage fees, my experience is so 43 seconds ago [a few months actually], but I think with most US airlines it is still somewhat cheaper to bring you own -- even if you add an additional bag just for the tux. It may be different internationally. And I recognize airlines are increasing fees constantly.

I have rented, it is convenient, the price is not too bad, and service is great in my experience. But I like having my own.

As far as baggage fees, my experience is so 43 seconds ago [a few months actually], but I think with most US airlines it is still somewhat cheaper to bring you own -- even if you add an additional bag just for the tux. It may be different internationally. And I recognize airlines are increasing fees constantly.

I just invested in buying my own too. Weighed out the costs and decided tuxedo ownership to be a better value even with the extra baggage. I was able to buy a decent quality tuxedo, shirt, and even patent leather shoes for under $200. I found buying a quality tuxedo was cheaper than when I have bought a good suit. There are definitely deals to be had both online and at the local formal rental stores that also sell tuxedos.

• 1 month later...

The Tux rental is for the duration of your cruise. A few days ago I ordered mine for my May 1st 15 night cruise.

The standard tux with one bowtie is $89 and the deluxe pkg with both the bow tie and long tie and a few other extras is $99. The $99 pkg has a vest (you choose the color from about 3) I am not sure the $89 has one. The idea with the $99 pkg is that there's about 3 different looks you can get with it which for me is good since we have 3 formal nights on our 15 night cruise.

Dress shoes also can be rented for $12.

They said the Tuxedo charge will be charged to my onboard account the first day of the cruise. I believe the Tux is supposed to be waiting for me in our cabin and if there are any fit issues there is someone on board who can alter it.

I packed a suit along with my sport coat and dress shoes the last two cruises and since we vacationed after the cruise carrying all that extra baggage was a pain and I swore next time I would rent the tux and have!

We decided to purchase a black formal suit instead of a tuxedo. That way you can just buy different colored shirts and ties to change the look. You can also use it for weddings and such. We

We also rented a Tux prior to sailing once and................needless to say unless you give SPECIFIC size measurements, it won't fit correctly and it doesn't look very good :(

Hubby's had his tux for YEARS...worth the investment...they are NOT all that expensive! If you cruise, you will use them. If you ever need one, you will have it...really, for about 2Xs the cost of a rental, you'll get what you need forever!

Is the price for the tux per night or for the whole cruise?

The whole cruise. They give you two shirts. You put it back together on the last day of the cruise and leave it out on your bed to be picked up by housekeeping. The last time I rented, we had changed rooms after I placed the order. My cabin steward informed us that tuxedo rentals are a part of housekeeping and he called to make sure it was coming to the right room.

Hubby's had his tux for YEARS...worth the investment...they are NOT all that expensive! If you cruise, you will use them. If you ever need one, you will have it...really, for about 2Xs the cost of a rental, you'll get what you need forever!

I agree they are a good investment and if we were heading right to an airport after every cruise I would buy one and bring it.

However we tend to vacation days after we dock and the last time I had to haul heavy suitcases up and down steps at a rural train station in England I swore I would pack much lighter next time and renting the tux is part of that strategy for me!

You might want to consider a suit instead - On all of the many cruises that we went on within the last five years, including oasis and allure, most men were wearing suits. Very few had tuxes on.

Tuxes are not very expensive. If you cruise regularly, it's worth having.

I think we renters do it out of convenience not so much the price. It's delivered to your room pressed and ready to go and it doesn't take up valuable space in my luggage. There is no difference between a suit and a tux in a garment bag. They both take up space and come out wrinkled. It's a matter of whether you're willing to pay the price for the convenience or not.

You might want to consider a suit instead - On all of the many cruises that we went on within the last five years, including oasis and allure, most men were wearing suits. Very few had tuxes on.

If I could rent a black suit instead of a tux I would! I just don't want to have to lug around my own dress suit and dress shoes.

The tux they rent, at least the deluxe pkg, comes with a long tie vs the bow tie thingy so it looks pretty much like a suit.

If you have "odd" measurements, there might be a problem

My 26 inch inseam would probably be a problem.

$12 for shoes? I just bought a pair for $12.50 at a discount place that I plan to ditch at the end of the cruise to save weight for souveneers on the way home. Rest of my black suit and couple shirts travel really easy and dry cleaning on ship is cheaper than at home so I pack the suit dirty and wrinkled and have done it first day.

Archived