Had to "jump ships", tips please....

gelo7

After spending 9 months researching and reading everything I could about the Jewel of the Seas, we have had to "jump ship" to the Liberty of the Seas for our Anniversary Cruise next month. Now I have less than 30 days to "learn" this ship.

What are the must see and must dos?

Where can we have a "quite" lunch on embarkation day to get away from the Windjammer?

I would be thrilled with with any tips and information about the Liberty of the Seas.

Thanks in advance

I think that you have picked a great ship. I love the Freedom class ships. It will be very different from the ships that I see listed in you past cruises so, if you are like me, I think you will have a lot of fun exploring the ship.

I don't know how quiet a lunch you will have on embarkation day, but if you go to the Royal Promenade (deck 5) there is Sorrento's Pizzeria and well as the Cafe Promenade. They should take care of your needs until dinner time arrives.

My advice to you is take the time to really explore the ship. Don't be one of those people who says they spend a week on the ship and never saw the whole thing. Anyone who says that just didn't put any effort into it.

Don't be disappointed with your change of ships. I think you are in for a great week.

You will love it. There is so much to do it's hard to choose what to do next. It's a bigger ship so it feels very spacious but you don't feel like it's a big ship as everything is so well laid out.

Just check out the deck plans. It will help you find out all the places you want to go.

CK x

Don't skip lunch! As Ocean Boy said, the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's pizza will be open and you can get a variety of sandwiches, pizza, salads, cheeses, breads, desserts, etc. Most pax do not go there for lunch on embarkation day. So unless you board very late, like 2 or 3, there should be no crowds there. There are 3 D "maps" of the ship in the promenade and at every elevator bank. So it is easy to see where you are and how to get to where you want to go. We like to take a walk on deck 4 which goes all the way around the ship. You do have to walk up a flight of stairs in the bow, which takes you to the helipad, then go back down stairs on the other side to return to deck 4. A great place to walk off some calories. Be SURE you go to the ice show, something not offered on Jewel. And go watch folks try to surf on the Flo-rider aft on deck 13, I think.

I was wondering if anybody knows if the main dining room will be open for lunch on embarkation day. We've eaten in the dining room on other ships then and really enjoyed it. We, too, are sailing on the Liberty for the first time and really looking forward to it.

We did sail on on the Independence and loved that ship. My tips would be to be sure to enjoy the Promenade Cafe for a cup of coffee or tea and some good bakery items. The ice show was a lot of fun and we liked watching the passengers trying to surf the Flow Rider. I loved the hot tubs jutting out over the side of the ship. My husband loved getting coffee or a beer and sitting in the Promenade just people watching. I'm assuming this will all be comprarable on the Liberty.

I was wondering if anybody knows if the main dining room will be open for lunch on embarkation day. We've eaten in the dining room on other ships then and really enjoyed it. We, too, are sailing on the Liberty for the first time and really looking forward to it.

We did sail on on the Independence and loved that ship. My tips would be to be sure to enjoy the Promenade Cafe for a cup of coffee or tea and some good bakery items. The ice show was a lot of fun and we liked watching the passengers trying to surf the Flow Rider. I loved the hot tubs jutting out over the side of the ship. My husband loved getting coffee or a beer and sitting in the Promenade just people watching. I'm assuming this will all be comprarable on the Liberty.

The dining room is not open for lunch on Royal Caribbean ships on embarkation day.

All three Freedom class ships have the cantilevered hot tubs.

I loved the Jewel but Freedom Class is my favorite. I have even sailed on the Oasis and liked Liberty better. You are in for such a treat! Depending on what time you board, check out the Windjammer. Sometimes you get lucky and it is not too crowded. However, I agree with Cafe' Promenade. They also have some really good desserts! Enjoy your cruise.

Where can we have a "quiet" lunch on embarkation day to get away from the Windjammer?

I would be thrilled with with any tips and information about the Liberty of the Seas.

Thanks in advance

I'm sure you already have some good answers, but if the weather is nice, you can take your Windjammer lunch out to tables along the pool deck.

You've picked a fantastic ship IMHO and as suggested if you don't want to try the WJ on the day you board, then head down the Royal Promenade on deck 5 and try the pizzas or salads from Sorrentos or the sandwiches from Cafe Promenade.

Other tips, if you want quiet time on deck 4, go aft past the dining room and you'll find plenty of chairs to relax in away from the crowds of the pool deck. As for the pool deck, try the St Tropez deck again for quiet time.

There are plenty of photos from our last 2 trips on Liberty from the links below.

BTW we are back on her in May 2012 as you can see, so she must be worth it!

You've picked a fantastic ship IMHO and as suggested if you don't want to try the WJ on the day you board, then head down the Royal Promenade on deck 5 and try the pizzas or salads from Sorrentos or the sandwiches from Cafe Promenade.

Other tips, if you want quiet time on deck 4, go aft past the dining room and you'll find plenty of chairs to relax in away from the crowds of the pool deck. As for the pool deck, try the St Tropez deck again for quiet time.

There are plenty of photos from our last 2 trips on Liberty from the links below.

BTW we are back on her in May 2012 as you can see, so she must be worth it!

Loved your photos...

• 1 month later...

Archived