Just boarded the Voyager of the seas

sun~

We got to the ship at 10:30 and breezed through check in and on board by 11:15!

We just had a light lunch at the cafe promenade and now we are relaxing at the solarium pool with a rum punch. It is cool in New Orleans today, but hey we are on the ship :)

I have been on many other cruises (carnival, Hal, NCL and princess) so this is my first rci.

So far so good!

I will check back in a couple of days :)

Sheila in Ottawa

We just had a light lunch at the cafe promenade and now we are relaxing at the solarium pool with a rum punch. It is cool in New Orleans today, but hey we are on the ship :)

I have been on many other cruises (carnival, Hal, NCL and princess) so this is my first rci.

So far so good!

Sheila in Ottawa

Have fun! The Voyager was our first ship and she's the one who made us fall in love with cruising. :D

So far so good!

Sheila in Ottawa

i really envy you, 49 days until i sail voyager. btw-watched you leave port today, only 15-20 min late, not bad!

Have a great time, Shiela! We sailed Voyager from Galveston last January and loved the ship. You picked a good time to go since it looks like our Canadian winter has finally started... freezing cold temps today!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Please do an update, We are on next week.

I am right there with you next week...so couldn't wait to think I am on the next time it goes out!

Sheila Thanks...and was so happy to hear that you got on quick....was there a backup in taxi's trying to get in? You came about the time I was planning on getting there. Please do keep us up dated if you get a chance...do enjoy and can't wait until next week.

Have fun!!! We will be on the Voyager next Saturday when you return. How was the traffic in the port area? Did you take a cab or walk?

Please do an update, We are on next week.

Have you all checked in on our roll call?!

See you next week!!

We had a terrific cruise with a few minor issues. I know others will post about diverting from Falmouth to Mo Bay, which caused some folks tours to run late. Terrible tender delay on GC.

I will post a full review soon.

Overall it was a great week!

Oh no traffic or check in issues if you go before 11am.

Sheila in Ottawa

My sister is on the Mariner right now-today!!!! I am so excited for her! I text her and she said there is fog in Galveston, which I understand to be normal. I am watching the web-cam and wondering if the Mariner is the ship lite up like a Christmas tree.

I dont want to bug her, but I would love to get a play by play of where she is. I am leaving her alone but it is hard

Oh!!! Have a great trip!

Thanks for the info. And keep us upated. I'm boarding in less than 5 weeks, 02/25/12.

I just read a review of last week's cruise. Was bummed to hear about high winds. Our last cruise was affected by some high winds in St. Martin and St. Thomas. Hope that doesn't continue for us.

Never been to Jamaica, so Mo Bay or Falmouth would be fine.

Winter has finally started in WI too.

Looking forward to your updates.

So far so good!

Sheila in Ottawa

Can hardly wait til Feb when I sail. Glad you had an easy time getting aboard and am looking forward to hearing all about the ship. I love RCI and hope you will too. Keep us posted and let us know about any "must do's" and any "must avoid's"

Just got back from the cruise this past Sat. and I was soooo pleased with my experience in New Orleans...I would go back again. We stayed at the Hilton and was able to see the cruise ship come in from our window that was so nice...I mean it is at the back door from there....cause we went out of the back door of the hotel to the river walk and right there it was.

Then we took the taxi over to the ship ...said you could walk it would only take about 10 min. walk...but friends we was with couldn't handle it with their luggage. So we left about 9:50 am and got there had to wait a couple min. cause a train was going though....and that stops all getting off the ship. But after it was a smooth sailing got our checkin process done and waited about 15 min....I would say in the diamond area. We was on the ship by 11 am.

Any questions feel free to ask. We did the city tour through she ship and I was very pleased with it.

So far so good!

Sheila in Ottawa

Enjoy yourself, I have lots of fond memories of that ship and that Solarium.

Archived