Luggage tag request

jsf

I called Celebrity today about my luggage tags, sailing 3/10/12, I was told because I am getting my doc's electroniclly I have to call to get my tags.She also told me I had to wait until at least 30 days prior to the sail date. Why can't they just send them to me? She didn't say what the cut off day was when it would be to late?? Maybe I should have just done things the old way and have them send everything to me by mail or UPS. I also asked why my air arrangements do not show up on the My Celebrity web site and she said it's a glitch in the system their trying to fix??

J.

I called Celebrity today about my luggage tags, sailing 3/10/12, I was told because I am getting my doc's electroniclly I have to call to get my tags.She also told me I had to wait until at least 30 days prior to the sail date. Why can't they just send them to me? She didn't say what the cut off day was when it would be to late?? Maybe I should have just done things the old way and have them send everything to me by mail or UPS. I also asked why my air arrangements do not show up on the My Celebrity web site and she said it's a glitch in the system their trying to fix??

J.

There is a $35. charge for X to mail your documents to you.

Keep checking your online docs. After you have filled everything out, one day you'll be pleasantly surprised to see the order luggage tags button.

It comes on about the same you get a message your edocs are ready.

J.

Hi, Celebrity charges 35.00 for paper documents to be snail mailed.

There is no charge for having them emailed. Once you fill out your

registration on line you will receive an email (after you make final

payment) saying your "edocs are ready"...once you receive that

email, there will be a link on your reservation for luggage tags.

Clicking on that link will give you the opportunity to order your

luggage tags and they normally arrive within about 10 days and those

will be snailed mailed to you.:)

There is a $35. charge for X to mail your documents to you.

Keep checking your online docs. After you have filled everything out, one day you'll be pleasantly surprised to see the order luggage tags button.

It comes on about the same you get a message your edocs are ready.

I did not get a message that my e-docs were ready but at 32 days out the little notice popped up on the on line check in page along with the luggage tag request.

My cruise is on March 5. I checked in online two weeks ago. I have not received an email that edocs were ready, but I have been checking the My Reservations section daily, and on 1/18 the link to ordering the luggage tags appeared. You simply fill in your name and address and they are mailed to you via USPS.

Thanks folks, because of this thread, checked further the documents I printed for our cruise in March. I thought I had something that looked like a luggage tag, it wasn't. Haven't been on Celebrity for a few years. Did not realize, when I printed my boarding pass, that it would not include luggage tags too.

I just ordered the luggage tags.

I wonder why Celebrity does this differently?? Princess, HAL and Cunard make the luggage tag available at the same time the boarding pass is available on line -- we print the tag and copy it.

Glad I read this thread earlier.

Thanks folks, because of this thread, checked further the documents I printed for our cruise in March. I thought I had something that looked like a luggage tag, it wasn't. Haven't been on Celebrity for a few years. Did not realize, when I printed my boarding pass, that it would not include luggage tags too.

I just ordered the luggage tags.

I wonder why Celebrity does this differently?? Princess, HAL and Cunard make the luggage tag available at the same time the boarding pass is available on line -- we print the tag and copy it.

Glad I read this thread earlier.

Because they send you real luggage tags, not paper printed from your computer

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

J.

we are also sailing March10 Just checked my reservation and the luggage tags were available. as stated many times, don't trust the information you receive over the telephone from Celebrity representatives. We are also receiving edocs, and no email yet indicating they are available.

The Celeb tags are sturdier.. we much prefer them but they should send them out at time of final payment automatically...!

No surprise the website has a glitch--it is inherantly one big glitch...~!

As an Australian, sailing from Sydney, we don't get any, paper or otherwise. Have to wait till we arrive at the Overseas Terminal (which is a mad house on sailing day) to recieve tags. I would not care whether it was sturdy or not, would just love a paper one printed with my boarding pass, as other lines have.

The link showed up on our reservation summary for our March 10th. sailing. I finished entering all of our passport info and ordered our tags. The cruise feels closer now that I have done that! :)

We too are on the March 10th sailing of Eclipse, 4 cabins, and none of us have received edocs yet.

We too are on the March 10th sailing of Eclipse, 4 cabins, and none of us have received edocs yet.

Is your cruise paid in full? Is your check in complete? That's odd. :confused:

Be sure to sign up on the roll call for the connection party if you haven't done so already. :D

The Celeb tags are sturdier.. we much prefer them but they should send them out at time of final payment automatically...!

No surprise the website has a glitch--it is inherantly one big glitch...~!

I agree, Celebrity should mail the tags automatically when they received final payment. That is what they use to do.

Is your cruise paid in full? Is your check in complete? That's odd. :confused:

Be sure to sign up on the roll call for the connection party if you haven't done so already. :D

Yep, paid in full and check-in complete. I will sign up for the connection party. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't understand what the obsession is with luggage tags. You still hand your bag to the porter at the curb. They have tags right there that they will slap on your bag for you.

What's so special about luggage tags for a cruise that everyone cares about? I fly all the time and I never hear people saying "I wish my airline would mail me my luggage tags before I leave".

Yep, paid in full and check-in complete. I will sign up for the connection party. Thanks for reminding me.

No Problem! :)

I don't understand what the obsession is with luggage tags. You still hand your bag to the porter at the curb. They have tags right there that they will slap on your bag for you.

What's so special about luggage tags for a cruise that everyone cares about? I fly all the time and I never hear people saying "I wish my airline would mail me my luggage tags before I leave".

For me...It saves me from having to fill in my info at the curb. Pre-printed are more legible and more likely to make to me in my cabin. Just my opinion.

J.

I really wonder why people stress so much about something as petty as a luggage tag.

Give your bags to a porter before you line up to board, show your docs, and they will fill one out for you and even put it on your bag!

Wow, image that!

Is that not easy?

You are so right.

Wish I can sail with you.

These people could possibly complain for England!

No Problem! :)

For me...It saves me from having to fill in my info at the curb. Pre-printed are more legible and more likely to make to me in my cabin. Just my opinion.

I've never once filled out a single part of a luggage tag. I hand the bag to the porter, and either tell him the stateroom number, or show him my papers. No different than an airline. They apply the tag to get it to it's destination.

Archived